• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Recruiting??

wazzuwildcat03 said:
We still don't have any new blokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I like to give Coach Rahe the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting weird. The summer semester starts on May 10th and you would think if we were going to add some transfers they would want to be here for the summer semester. Let that sink in MAY 10th!!!! That is less than 3 weeks and we have nothing. Not ever a JC player committed. What really is going on? The guy who reports on our recruiting is saying its different this year and just takes longer. I would buy that, but all the other schools are able to get transfers to commit, but not us. So I don't buy that anymore. Something is not right. Has Weber State fallen so far back that we can't get anyone decent to transfer?? Hell ever the Idaho State Potatoes have some good looking players committed.. You know its bad when the Potatoes and Sac State are getting better recruits than us. How is that possible? I'm usually one of the more positive fans on this page with Olds, but this has got me very concerned that we have not seen a single player added. This is the last week of April and we still have 6 open roster spots. :cry: WTF Rahe!!!!!!!!!

Relax! There’s a rumor that 5 of the best transfers in the country are banding together to build a super team. I bet they’re looking to Weber as a possible destination! Almost like LeBron going to Miami or KD to Golden State! Don’t be surprised if Rahe pulls off the deal of the century! Seriously…….. that’s the rumor!

Brick3’s said:
wazzuwildcat03 said:
We still don't have any new blokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I like to give Coach Rahe the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting weird. The summer semester starts on May 10th and you would think if we were going to add some transfers they would want to be here for the summer semester. Let that sink in MAY 10th!!!! That is less than 3 weeks and we have nothing. Not ever a JC player committed. What really is going on? The guy who reports on our recruiting is saying its different this year and just takes longer. I would buy that, but all the other schools are able to get transfers to commit, but not us. So I don't buy that anymore. Something is not right. Has Weber State fallen so far back that we can't get anyone decent to transfer?? Hell ever the Idaho State Potatoes have some good looking players committed.. You know its bad when the Potatoes and Sac State are getting better recruits than us. How is that possible? I'm usually one of the more positive fans on this page with Olds, but this has got me very concerned that we have not seen a single player added. This is the last week of April and we still have 6 open roster spots. :cry: WTF Rahe!!!!!!!!!

Relax! There’s a rumor that 5 of the best transfers in the country are banding together to build a super team. I bet they’re looking to Weber as a possible destination! Almost like LeBron going to Miami or KD to Golden State! Don’t be surprised if Rahe pulls off the deal of the century! Seriously…….. that’s the rumor!

oi! me've got to have the same source, what came to mind for me was the fab 5 from 1991 except ours wont have the massive long kits. :rockon:

wazzuwildcat03 said:
I'm usually one of the more positive fans on this page with Olds, but this has got me very concerned that we have not seen a single player added. This is the last week of April and we still have 6 open roster spots. :cry: WTF Rahe!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Olds,

looks like wazzucat's gone right off the deep end, sounding proper ment'l innit? :yikes:

Sir Velo said:
wazzuwildcat03 said:
I'm usually one of the more positive fans on this page with Olds, but this has got me very concerned that we have not seen a single player added. This is the last week of April and we still have 6 open roster spots. :cry: WTF Rahe!!!!!!!!!

Olds,

looks like wazzucat's gone right off the deep end, sounding proper ment'l innit? :yikes:

Oh aye. I most be liken him's optimism. He seems to be a changin'. What say we buys him a Utah adult bev to makes he feel some better? :coffee:

oldrunner said:
Sir Velo said:
wazzuwildcat03 said:

Olds,

Oh aye. I most be liken him's optimism. He seems to be a changin'. What say we buys him a Utah adult bev to makes he feel some better? :coffee:

Let's meet up at the pub and buy him a pint, but only if he doesn't wear his trainers.

sacstateman said:
We just got number 5.....

https://www.hornetsports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220428ji899a

im honestly more excited about sac hoops than any team in the sky including dubya ess yoo. its exciting to see what this new coach might be able to accomplish. imagine what it means if he can make sac contend. :thumb: losing suu and sac upgrading could do wonders for conf rpi.

Sir Velo said:
sacstateman said:
We just got number 5.....

https://www.hornetsports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220428ji899a

im honestly more excited about sac hoops than any team in the sky including dubya ess yoo. its exciting to see what this new coach might be able to accomplish. imagine what it means if he can make sac contend. :thumb: losing suu and sac upgrading could do wonders for conf rpi.
I feel that Sac and ISU have made themselves much better with this recruiting class. UM, MSU, and PSU also seem to be filling some holes that were evident in their teams, both existing and by departures. I don't see UI or NAU making any jumps. The book is still out on our recruiting. I'm still hopeful. I know we have offers out to some high level players who can come in and help right from the start. With all of that said, recruiting is a hit and miss deal. It's hard to tell exactly what you have until you see them over 10+ games. :coffee:

#6....Isaiah Lee, UC Irvine....24 days, 6 signees.....Another Aussie....Seems like we may end up being the BSC school for Australians and New Zealanders....4 Aussies and 1 Kiwi and 1 SoCal....

weber has signed 1 player. there are now 5 slots remaining. we have 2 freshman coming who graduated high school in the vegas area.

Nice write up from Brett Hein and the SE: https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2022/may/03/weber-state-basketball-recruiting-jj-louden-commits/

Welcome to Weber State JJ!! We are excited to see you at the Dee!!

6-5 PG who averaged: 17ppg, 12 apg and 6 rbg. Definitely respectful stats and Weber can offer playing time immediately.

5 Scholarships to go?? So, I'm guessing Kupsas or KJ are not coming back? Both great kids and wish them the best, but my money is on Kupsas. Too bad he had the knee injury. He might have been a totally different player. No matter, he has a degree and that really is the most important thing out of the experience. Regardless, if it is, we are starting to look really thin in the post. I'm praying Coach can land Diaz. He would be an incredible commitment. No matter, we need bigs! Hoping for some more announcements soon.

talhadfoursteals said:
Nice write up from Brett Hein and the SE: https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2022/may/03/weber-state-basketball-recruiting-jj-louden-commits/

Welcome to Weber State JJ!! We are excited to see you at the Dee!!

6-5 PG who averaged: 17ppg, 12 apg and 6 rbg. Definitely respectful stats and Weber can offer playing time immediately.

5 Scholarships to go?? So, I'm guessing Kupsas or KJ are not coming back? Both great kids and wish them the best, but my money is on Kupsas. Too bad he had the knee injury. He might have been a totally different player. No matter, he has a degree and that really is the most important thing out of the experience. Regardless, if it is, we are starting to look really thin in the post. I'm praying Coach can land Diaz. He would be an incredible commitment. No matter, we need bigs! Hoping for some more announcements soon.
Kupsas graduated and his knee injury never really got back to, athletic level, playing condition. Randy would have kept him as long as he wanted to stay, but he graduated and is getting on with his career path. I've been following the portal and there is still a ton of talent available. That includes a good number of 3, 4, and 5 star big men. I would think that we are looking for a center, 2 PFs, a senior PG, and the best we can get at any position. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us leave at least one spot open well into July or later. I believe the Diaz twins have already visited us, Pittsburgh, and UMass. I would think we would be hearing something from them soon. I'm really not concerned about the timing of our recruiting. I feel that we will end up with some high level players in the end of it all and we already have a couple of gems.

Randy will keep KJ as long as he wants to stay as well. David's choice was purely a PT thing. Our walk ons from last season are also looking for D11 teams to link up with. We will be looking for a short list of walk ons and I'm sure it will consist mostly of local HS grads that don't get recruited at the level they thought they would. :coffee:

as of may the 4th be with you, we have 2 new players signed of those 6 slots open, but now seiku is gone, so back to 5 slots.

Sir Velo said:
as of may the 4th be with you, we have 2 new players signed of those 6 slots open, but now seiku is gone, so back to 5 slots.
We lost out on the Diaz twins. They went to Pittsburgh. I think that is why we signed Louie Jordan. Next best similar player. Now that we missed on our #1 freshman target, I think we will start to see the transfer commitments. :coffee:

Seiku left because:

1. He felt his development was stalled and feels a new location can help him improve.
2. Randy is about to sign a really good guard who will cut his PT.
3. He thinks he is better than where he is.

talhadfoursteals said:
Seiku left because:

1. He felt his development was stalled and feels a new location can help him improve.
Sounds like you talked to him.

This is exactly what happens with transfers coming in. The coaches often know, weeks before it is announced, who is coming in and they let players know what the future might look like. They try to do it in a way that gives the transferring player a good chance of landing in a good spot. It sounds like this one happened late in the process, just like the rest of our recruiting this year. It is turning out to be a whole new game this year. :coffee:

Keith Dinwiddie Jr, 6'0'' *** guard, transfer out of San Diego State.

He has 3 years of eligibility left. Lightly used at SDSU.

Very athletic, but doesn't appear to be a sharp shooter. That could change with more PT. All LA area player and rated 3 stars out of HS.

oldrunner said:
talhadfoursteals said:
Seiku left because:

Sounds like you talked to him.

This is exactly what happens with transfers coming in. The coaches often know, weeks before it is announced, who is coming in and they let players know what the future might look like. They try to do it in a way that gives the transferring player a good chance of landing in a good spot. It sounds like this one happened late in the process, just like the rest of our recruiting this year. It is turning out to be a whole new game this year. :coffee:

I definitely have not talked to Seiku. I should have put an "or" between 2. and 3. I was curious as to why everyone thought he was leaving. Personally, I think it is a little of 1 and 2. BUT...

Latest posts

Back