• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Fire Rahe

Rahe gets top BSC dollars by a large margin because they did not want to lose him AND they can afford him, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush... not so much because he is 3-4 times a better coach than others... Weber is the Goat of mens BSC basketball they have by far the best facilities and by far the highest paid staff and the job requires getting some BSC hardware around every other year or better Which is tough in a 12 team conference. If Weber does not win The BSC Title or Tourney this year or next ....the heat will be on! That is a real possibility cause as things stand now Montana, Montana st who adds 2 D1 transfers who were starters, and Idaho look locked and loaded next year...Chapman the transfer is the key for Weber and he needs to be a top 5 level player in the BSC next season

thescout said:
Rahe gets top BSC dollars by a large margin because they did not want to lose him AND they can afford him, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush... not so much because he is 3-4 times a better coach than others... Weber is the Goat of mens BSC basketball they have by far the best facilities and by far the highest paid staff and the job requires getting some BSC hardware around every other year or better Which is tough in a 12 team conference. If Weber does not win The BSC Title or Tourney this year or next ....the heat will be on! That is a real possibility cause as things stand now Montana, Montana st who adds 2 D1 transfers who were starters, and Idaho look locked and loaded next year...Chapman the transfer is the key for Weber and he needs to be a top 5 level player in the BSC next season
Well said, but it'd take more than two straight seasons of not winning the conference for the heat to be put on. Try four or five straight. In the 11 years he's been here he's already had a stretch of three consecutive years without winning the conference, and a season in which his team finished in 7th place. We can discuss his positives and negatives all day, but any talk about Rahe being fired is pointless. For better or worse, he'll be here for at least the next seven years, and possibly longer if he wants to be.

The heat being on is not quite the same as being fired chatter... 2012 finished 18-2 with 30 wins and no hardware...that is the exception... I guess at his current price point relative to other BSC coaches 3-4 years with no title or tourney hardware is when the can the coach chatter gets serious/legit. Especially if another program becomes more successful over the same time frame. I think expectations are legitimately sky high almost every year

Rahe isn't going anywhere and nor should he. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and have limitations, what is nice is that Randy isn't just a good coach, but also, he is a great ambassador for the university.

How have we won 16 games? Do the opposing coaches not watch our game films? To dang predictable and to dang stubborn. Rahe is a bad coach, and I think more and more people are starting to see this. I have seen this for some time, and its sick the type of product we put on the floor. Do I want Rahe fired? Yes I do. The ceiling has been reached, and that's okay. Time for new blood in the program. To dang predictable. The last several games have had the 2nd half nearly identical. We are on track to finish 3rd in the 29th rank conference. In other words: that's bad. Other posters on here are okay with "one home and road conf. loss can year." How about now? What is the justification now. In the big suck, if you don't finish 1st and win the conf tourney, you might have as well been last place. So many kn here are okay with "just Weber." I'm done with that. On the other thread, "wildcat" I believe was the one the football page all amped up to play montan western, but says he's not finishing the game because they were losing. Come on man, seriously? There needs to be some serious issues addressed. There might be some internal issues going on too, just speculately. No dancing, no NIT, maybe CIT.... cool.

talhadfoursteals said:
Rahe isn't going anywhere and nor should he. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and have limitations, what is nice is that Randy isn't just a good coach, but also, he is a great ambassador for the university.

Tal, this is justification for a poor coach and you know it. I don't care if Rahe is a good person or good ambassador, I want someone who can win.

WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:

Tal, this is justification for a poor coach and you know it. I don't care if Rahe is a good person or good ambassador, I want someone who can win.

You make good points, I can't argue with some of what you say. Yet, Weber isn't going to can someone with 7 years left at over 350K a year. My biggest issue is our offense has been one dimensional and instead of developing players and a team, he's obsessed with one player and riding him into the NBA (not going to happen). At the end today, Jeremy shouldn't have been on the floor. It should have been Cannon, John, Harding, Baker and Zach. Why the hell Rahe thinks Jeremy is a point after one disastrous result after another disastrous experience leaves me speechless. What's the old adage? Doing something over and over again expecting a different results is insanity? Once again we get back into the game Jeremy becomes the point and that's it. A losing result.

talhadfoursteals said:
WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:

You make good points, I can't argue with some of what you say. Yet, Weber isn't going to can someone with 7 years left at over 350K a year. My biggest issue is our offense has been one dimensional and instead of developing players and a team, he's obsessed with one player and riding him into the NBA (not going to happen). At the end today, Jeremy shouldn't have been on the floor. It should have been Cannon, John, Harding, Baker and Zach. Why the hell Rahe thinks Jeremy is a point after one disastrous result after another disastrous experience leaves me speechless. What's the old adage? Doing something over and over again expecting a different results is insanity? Once again we get back into the game Jeremy becomes the point and that's it. A losing result.

Tal, you're a great poster, and I am sure you're looking to any positives with the program, I wasn't trying to imply anything malicious. I too am baffled at the line ups lately. He is running out of tricks, and Rahe knows it...

WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:
WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:

Tal, you're a great poster, and I am sure you're looking to any positives with the program, I wasn't trying to imply anything malicious. I too am baffled at the line ups lately. He is running out of tricks, and Rahe knows it...

Thank you Fan! No offense was taken. :nod: I enjoy reading your post too. Like I say, this forum is for everyone to come and chat about Weber State Athletics. There shouldn't be a consensus of opinion, but a diversity of thought. We are all fans of Weber State. We want to see our school excel. Keep posting my friend!!

WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:

Yes I know I am a new poster but I had to say something. And I'm just gonna come out and say this: I'm 15 years old. You WSUfan, I can only assume you are a grown man with a wife, kids, and job. Are you really demanding that a COLLEGE coach win every time or he should be fired? You really need a priority check because you're demanding the impossible out of college kids at a mid major school with a coach who can only recruit out of the 2-star prospects.

RandomGuy said:
WSUfan said:
talhadfoursteals said:

Yes I know I am a new poster but I had to say something. And I'm just gonna come out and say this: I'm 15 years old. You WSUfan, I can only assume you are a grown man with a wife, kids, and job. Are you really demanding that a COLLEGE coach win every time or he should be fired? You really need a priority check because you're demanding the impossible out of college kids at a mid major school with a coach who can only recruit out of the 2-star prospects.

:thumb:

hawkssb04 said:
Can we finally kill this damn thread?

I agree! Can the moderators just put this in the other topics section? Even great teams are going to lose one conference home game a year and a couple road games. I was impressed with how hard the kids battled tonight. Coach Rahe has proven that he can recruit NBA talent and his teams are capable of winning the conference every year. I have no doubt this team has the ability to shock somebody in the dance!

baller said:
Purple blood... what makes you think this team will even get to the dance?

Really. They could very well struggle in reNO just as they have lately. It was no cake walk last year and they were a better TEAM last year.

baller said:

I any basketball season you are going to have ups and downs. Teams are going to have runs! Even the Golden State Warriors had a stretch where they went 14-4. This is the same dangerous with that was favored to win the Big Sky.

PurpleBlood said:
baller said:

I any basketball season you are going to have ups and downs. Teams are going to have runs! Even the Golden State Warriors had a stretch where they went 14-4. This is the same dangerous with that was favored to win the Big Sky.

No it's not, we're missing two players: Juwan Williams (decided to RS and transfer after WSU was picked to repeat) and Richaud Gittens (re-injured foot) Both of those players would have an impact this year. Juwan would have helped with rebounding, assuming Rahe would have pulled his RS when Gittens got hurt again.

Latest posts

Back