• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Fire Rahe

WSUfan1

This was the absolute worst game I have ever seen. UVU is a terrible team, and we lost to them. Rahe can not beat any in-state schools. This is terrible and something needs to change. SUU, BYU and USU all dominated them. We played two OT's and UVU was down four players from foul outs. Rahe's all-time record vs. in state schools is below 14% winning percentage. This is disgusting. I want to puke. How does his happen? Terrible in game coach. The Gulf Coast showcase was a fluke and a flash in the pan. WSU is currently the worst team in the state of Utah. Disgraceful and pathetic. Serious change needs to take place. Rahe needs to explain to the school and fans why he cant beat these in-state schools. UVU had majority of players from the state on thief roster. Maybe thats the problem, our Texas kids just treat these games like they are playing some other team. No sense in pride, no nothing. Rock bottom for me. Very frustrated and upset by tonights game. Rahe needs to lose money for every in-state game he loses. How much longer do we have to put up with this? I dont care about winning a "conference championship" if we cant compete with the other in-state schools. First year UVU coach out coached a 10 year coach. PATHETIC....

WSUfan said:
Back2WSU said:
Jesus Christ calm your tits. It was a close game that went into 2OT.

It should never have gotten into OT, let alone 2OT. Disgusting.

So let's fire Rahe. Obviously that's the magical fucking solution.

I'm sorry it's not you personally I'm pissed at it's this whole damn forum and how it seems everyone here thinks they could be a better coach right now...

Back2WSU said:
WSUfan said:
Back2WSU said:
Jesus Christ calm your tits. It was a close game that went into 2OT.

It should never have gotten into OT, let alone 2OT. Disgusting.

So let's fire Rahe. Obviously that's the magical fudging solution.

I'm sorry it's not you personally I'm pissed at it's this whole damn forum and how it seems everyone here thinks they could be a better coach right now...

Any coach in America wins that game.... Except Rahe. And thats the sorry truth.

Everything about this game/loss is terrible. Fans, recruits, RPI, Boosters (if there are any,and if any still contribute after these type of games? attendance, ect. Rahe is a Iowa kid. He does not understand the importance of games like this, at least it does not seem that way. I am not even listening to the post-game. I know the crap excuses will be there. There is not learning to take away from that game...

Back2WSU said:

I'm sure we'd find a way to make a few good executive decisions if we were being paid over a quarter of a million dollars per year. Rahe is a top notch recruiter considering what he has to work with (sandwiched in between three larger schools who have more resources), but he is a very mediocre coach--sometimes less than mediocre like tonight.

He's only better than casual fans at coaching a game because he has the experience we don't. There are a lot of knowledgeable Xs and Os dudes on this message board. If he actually implemented some of the ideas I see some fans throw out on this board, he'd be awesome. He seemed to be doing that as of late, but tonight was one step forward, five steps back.

Edit: I'm certainly not saying there is a better Xs and Os coach in this forum, but Rahe would do well to improve his own coaching if he did SOME of the things mentioned in our discussions.

Rahe vs. the state of Utah.

2-10 vs. USU
0-10 vs. BYU
2-4 vs. Univ. of Utah
9-3 vs. SUU
3-2 vs. UVU

Against the "big three" (4-24), 16% winning percentage.... :thefan: :thefan:

I really do not see WSU beating any of the "big three" any time soon. I am afraid they have passed by WSU in all aspects of b-ball. We might be a win here or there, but our time has come and gone. While those three schools continue to distance themselves from us, we remain contempt beating nobodies and "winning league."

I'm pretty pissed right now. I'm fairly close to agreeing with fan. Rahe didn't have his team prepared. They lost to a really bad UVU team.

STGWildcat said:
Back2WSU said:

I'm sure we'd find a way to make a few good executive decisions if we were being paid over a quarter of a million dollars per year. Rahe is a top notch recruiter considering what he has to work with (sandwiched in between three larger schools who have more resources), but he is a very mediocre coach--sometimes less than mediocre like tonight.

He's only better than casual fans at coaching a game because he has the experience we don't. There are a lot of knowledgable Xs and Os dudes on this message board. If he actually implemented some of the ideas I see some fans throw out on this board, he'd be awesome. He seemed to be doing that as of late, but tonight was one step forward, five steps back.

Rahe is making near $400k a year. Not even sure if this includes his $100k bonus if he is still the coach by July 1st of every year.

http://www.utahsright.com/salaries.php?city=weber_sal&query=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WSUfan said:
Rahe is making near $400k a year. Not even sure if this includes his $100k bonus if he is still the coach by July 1st of every year.

http://www.utahsright.com/salaries.php?city=weber_sal&query=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I checked that out before I posted (the exact page). I just thought saying a quarter of a million sounded impressive. :) In reality, as you know, he's closer to half a million, but I didn't want to cheat rounding up.

WSU is turning into the laughing stock of D1 basketball in the state. I cant believe the days of where the UVU/SUU's are on par with WSU. Very sad reality. I am to the point where I rather sweep the in-state games, than win "league." I have said this before; in the past 10 years, all the state's D1 programs, minus WSU have been actively getting better, while WSU stays idle. Utah, WAC, Mt. West, Pac-12. USU, Big West, WAC, Mt. West. BYU, WAC , Mt. West, WCC (maybe a downgrade, but still a strong bball conf.). SUU, Great West, Summit League, Big Sky. UVU, JUCO, Indy, Summit, WAC. WSU,.......... Bigger (not better) Big Sky.....

You know what. You guys have shown me the light. It doesn't matter that Rahe has the second-highest winning percentage among WSU coaches in conference games. Who cares that he has the second-most Big Sky titles in team history. The fact that we lost to BYU, USU and UVU this year obviously means he's a god awful coach that we should get rid of right away...

Back2WSU said:
You know what. You guys have shown me the light. It doesn't matter that Rahe has the second-highest winning percentage among WSU coaches in conference games. Who cares that he has the second-most Big Sky titles in team history. The fact that we lost to BYU, USU and UVU this year obviously means he's a god awful coach that we should get rid of right away...

Dont even get me started on the championship games that he has lost... Tinkle owned Rahe. A ROY, 2x-All-Star never even made it to the dance. He is (0-2) at the NCAA tourney, (0-2) at the NIT.... Beating up on hte 29th ranked conference scrubs really isnt all that impressive. Heck, jumpin Joe went undefeated in conf. and got canned a couple years latter.

Back2WSU said:

He better have won the most titles, he has been here forever, coached the most seasons (including this year, might tie for the longest).

WSUfan said:
Back2WSU said:

Heck, jumpin Joe went undefeated in conf.

He sure did. He went 26-6 in 2002-03 and 14-0 in conference play and advanced to the first round of the NCAA tournament.

and got canned a couple years latter.

Huh. Yeah he did. How did those couple seasons go again?

02-03: 26-6, 14-0 (1st BSC)
03-04: 15-14, 7-7 (t2nd)
04-05: 14-16, 7-7 (5th)
05-06: 10-17, 4-10 (t7th)

Look. Last season was the first time since Rahe has been here that we finished outside the top 3 in the conference. I am more than happy with Rahe being our coach and I guarantee we would be worse off to get rid of him at this point in time.

Back2WSU said:
WSUfan said:
Back2WSU said:

Heck, jumpin Joe went undefeated in conf.

He sure did. He went 26-6 in 2002-03 and 14-0 in conference play and advanced to the first round of the NCAA tournament.

and got canned a couple years latter.

Huh. Yeah he did. How did those couple seasons go again?

02-03: 26-6, 14-0 (1st BSC)
03-04: 15-14, 7-7 (t2nd)
04-05: 14-16, 7-7 (5th)
05-06: 10-17, 4-10 (t7th)

Look. Last season was the first time since Rahe has been here that we finished outside the top 3 in the conference. I am more than happy with Rahe being our coach and I guarantee we would be worse off to get rid of him at this point in time.

Look, I have said this before. We can't get better with Rahe, but we can get worse too. Tonight is living proof of that.

Rahe will continue to be our coach and Weber will continue to ho-hum its way through time. Weber didn't only lose a basketball game tonight, it lost a place of importance in the state. We are falling behind UVU because we are content and don't try. Utah Valley puts on a better show, has UVUtv, has a student body that wants to be there and the university it full of imagination and passion they are determined. We have a marketing guy who can't forge relationships and an administration content to do just enough. Embarrassing realization for a once distinguished and illustrious institution. Weber really isn't anything more than Harrison High or Just Weber. Forget about We Are Weber...we are the joke of Utah.

On another note...anyone else notice that since Beckner left we aren't good? Our bigs aren't developing and our teams defense is soft? We desperately need Beckner back in Ogden. Rahe needs better assistants.

Latest posts

Back