• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Skattebo is Gone.

JB94 said:
Sac_hornets said:
The body blows keep hitting.
https://twitter.com/cameronsalerno1/status/1602795038982823936?s=12

I am not sure how big of a loss that really is. He seemed to be an undisciplined player who didn't put up impressive numbers
Probably right, I know he was supposed to have a lot potential though.

Sac_hornets said:
This would suck if we lost Jared Gibson to the Griz.
https://twitter.com/jaredgipson7/status/1602842614650183680?s=12

I understand entering the portal with the thought of playing at a higher level to increase exposure and show your ability to perform against tougher competition but not sure why a Stockton kid would want a lateral (or slightly downgraded) move to Montana. I would be shocked if he left for another FCS team. He is thinking Power 5

JB94 said:
Sac_hornets said:
This would suck if we lost Jared Gibson to the Griz.
https://twitter.com/jaredgipson7/status/1602842614650183680?s=12

I understand entering the portal with the thought of playing at a higher level to increase exposure and show your ability to perform against tougher competition but not sure why a Stockton kid would want a lateral (or slightly downgraded) move to Montana. I would be shocked if he left for another FCS team. He is thinking Power 5

They know he is the guy that made "the Catch" that kicked off their social media hate campaign, right? :lol:
Gipson is a solid player and will contribute wherever he goes, with Williams graduating, he was likely to be the main target besides Martin (assuming he returns). Hope he finds his way.

Good luck to Skattebo where ever he goes. He was an entertaining player to watch and displayed toughness. He has nothing else to prove at the FCS level. If he doesn't land a spot on a P4 roster, not sure the move is worth it.

stingthemgood said:
Sac_hornets said:

Good riddance. 24 year old who acts like a 15 year old on the field.

I think the Griz should go after Adeoye....he would fit right in with them....They would probably welcome him with open arms too....lol....

Sac_hornets said:
JB94 said:
Sac_hornets said:

I am not sure how big of a loss that really is. He seemed to be an undisciplined player who didn't put up impressive numbers
Probably right, I know he was supposed to have a lot potential though.

Shows him as a senior. I thought he graduated UT and was a grad transfer working on his Master at Sac?
Oh well, ejected from two games for targeting. One was questionable.

Kadeezy said:
https://twitter.com/camskattebo5/status/1604274426958082048?s=46&t=CICfJ3mXJKVPnEuy4KoDew
Well, that F’n sucks! I wish Skattebo the best and I’m thankful we’re very deep in that position. Next up, time to see what Zeke Burnett can do!

Sac_hornets said:
Kadeezy said:
https://twitter.com/camskattebo5/status/1604274426958082048?s=46&t=CICfJ3mXJKVPnEuy4KoDew
Well, that F’n sucks! I wish Skattebo the best and I’m thankful we’re very deep in that position. Next up, time to see what Zeke Burnett can do!

If Burnett or Tau-Tolliver blows up like Skat did — then the same thing will likely happen.

The portal is an absolute joke. Turns the FCS into a feeder league.

I don’t want to hear about or see statistics of FBS players transferring to FCS. That typically happens when a player isn’t working out or getting playing time. FCS largely gets cast offs from FBS while FBS takes FCS’s best players.

I also don’t want to hear about players deserving opportunities. They had opportunities coming out of HS. They landed a freaking scholarship for pete’s sake. And now learn nothing of honoring commitments or consequences of their decisions or loyalty toward those that first took a chance on them.

They’re supposed to be in college to learn about life, among other things, and aren’t being taught a thing other than to front run and become a mercenary. 98% of these kids won’t ever sniff an NFL career. And the ones that do are discovered no matter where they play. So the excuse of needing to play at a higher level for the sake of development or visibility is nonsense.

The transfer portal is hot garbage. It’s ruining college football. Nobody try to argue otherwise, cause I’m not buying it.

BuckeyeWelcher...that's rich...you're on here talking about how these players should honor commitments but when you run your mouth and lose a $100 bet you won't honor it. Hypocrite.

I'm thankful for Skattebo's contributions this season and sorry to see him leave. With that said I am disappointed with his lack of commitment to the program which gave him an opportunity to show his skills. It's time to wish him luck, move on and to put him in Sacramento's rear view mirror!

Many of us have faithfully supported the Hornets through good times and bad over the years. It's disappointing that some of the fans seem to have more of a commitment to the program than some of the players. Let's hope that the incoming players will have the integrity to honor their commitment to the scholarship that they are accepting. I hope that our remaining players will show leadership and the commitment to continue to build the program and not run away the first time there is a bump in the road.

Green Laser said:
I'm thankful for Skattebo's contributions this season and sorry to see him leave. With that said I am disappointed with his lack of commitment to the program which gave him an opportunity to show his skills. It's time to wish him luck, move on and to put him in Sacramento's rear view mirror!

Many of us have faithfully supported the Hornets through good times and bad over the years. It's disappointing that some of the fans seem to have more of a commitment to the program than some of the players. Let's hope that the incoming players will have the integrity to honor their commitment to the scholarship that they are accepting. I hope that our remaining players will show leadership and the commitment to continue to build the program and not run away the first time there is a bump in the road.

I'm going to take a guess that not anyone on this forum knows Skattebo personally...I am also going to guess that no one knows if Skattebo has had a life-long desire to play in the Pac12....I am going to miss seeing him run as I think he is the most entertaining back in college football...That being said, I will occasionally tune in to ASU games to satisfy that yen to see him run some more. I wish him the best as he seems to be a good young man. If any of you had a chance to pursue a dream when you were his age and didn't, I would be shocked. His coach showed him what loyalty meant. I don't hold anything against Taylor either because the possibility to set your family up for generations is something you HAVE to do. Stop with the holier than thou attitudes and just accept it. You would of done the same thing.

peegeepee said:
Green Laser said:

I'm going to take a guess that not anyone on this forum knows Skattebo personally...I am also going to guess that no one knows if Skattebo has had a life-long desire to play in the Pac12....I am going to miss seeing him run as I think he is the most entertaining back in college football...That being said, I will occasionally tune in to ASU games to satisfy that yen to see him run some more. I wish him the best as he seems to be a good young man. If any of you had a chance to pursue a dream when you were his age and didn't, I would be shocked. His coach showed him what loyalty meant. I don't hold anything against Taylor either because the possibility to set your family up for generations is something you HAVE to do. Stop with the holier than thou attitudes and just accept it. You would of done the same thing.

I have never met Scattebo or know anything about his lifelong desire to play in the Pac 12. If that was the case he should have played a couple of years at a JC to prove himself and get noticed, that's what they are there for. Another option would be to enroll at a Pac 12 school as a walk on.

Apparently Sac State was the only D1 school to offer him a scholarship out of high school and he accepted it. If he accepted the scholarship with the intention of playing a couple of years, taking advantage of the coaching, and the opportunity to gain exposure then jump ship that shows a lack of integrity.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I just think people should follow through with their commitments. I was even glad that the dungpiler's running back Gillum returned for his senior season after entering the portal. Obviously athletes can be noticed and get into the NFL from FCS.

I hated to see Coach Taylor leave but I totally understand the financial opportunity it offered to him and his family, As I recall he was given a 5 year contract and left before he completed 5 years. Is Sac State owed a penalty?

Green Laser said:
I have never met Scattebo or know anything about his lifelong desire to play in the Pac 12. If that was the case he should have played a couple of years at a JC to prove himself and get noticed, that's what they are there for. Another option would be to enroll at a Pac 12 school as a walk on.

Apparently Sac State was the only D1 school to offer him a scholarship out of high school and he accepted it. If he accepted the scholarship with the intention of playing a couple of years, taking advantage of the coaching, and the opportunity to gain exposure then jump ship that shows a lack of integrity.

As I recall he was given a 5 year contract and left before he completed 5 years. Is Sac State owed a penalty?

I agree wholeheartedly, if P12 was his life goal, then he should have Walked On with one of those clubs, or gone JC route. Or graduate with his four year degree at Sac and transferred as a grad player. Beau Baldwin is the OC at ASU now and also quit his team, he was the person probably recruiting him. It is turning FCS and G5 into a JC level for the P5.

Taylor had a rolling seven year contract at Sac State. Essentially a life agreement. He was being paid $412,000/yr.

I don't get it. People want to support Troy's move to the Pac 12 and then turn around and criticize a young man for taking advantage of a similar opportunity. Have you considered that when Troy signed Skattebo there was a reasonable expectation that Troy would be here to coach him? I don't blame Troy for leaving but he absolutely opened the door for players to look around and see what new opportunities are out there for them. Instead of criticizing either of them they should be appreciated for their contributions. I'm honestly sad about their departures but I'm ELATED for both of them and wish them the best in their new endeavors.

Latest posts

Back