• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU vs. Idaho Game Day Thread

Interesting game. Disappointed to lose the game but there were a few positives. We know we have a couple of capable backups to KV and hopefully he gets sell soon. As someone mentioned this is a good time for the bye week to hopefully get guys rested up and healed for the second half of the season. I think ISU is a very winnable game on the road.

Seattle Eagle said:
One has to wonder if this game might have gone differently with our starting QB and a couple of different calls on the field.

I have to think that the lack of a passing game certainly changed the dynamics significantly. Taylor did a good job having been thrown into the mix with zero snaps and only a week of preparation, but it's a different offense with Visperas at the helm. What's the nature of his injury, anyway?

Atomic Eagle said:
Seattle Eagle said:
One has to wonder if this game might have gone differently with our starting QB and a couple of different calls on the field.

I have to think that the lack of a passing game certainly changed the dynamics significantly. Taylor did a good job having been thrown into the mix with zero snaps and only a week of preparation, but it's a different offense with Visperas at the helm. What's the nature of his injury, anyway?

Yeah, the Eags definitely didn't play with their entire playbook in this one. The rumor is VIsperas injured his thumb in the UC Davis game.

Atomic Eagle said:
Seattle Eagle said:

Injury to his throwing hand. Don’t know much else. Hopefully a couple of weeks is enough for him to recoup, but if not we can beat the Bengals with either backup Qb.

Yikes... that was my worst nightmare. A team committed to running the football against a team that doesn't know how to stop a team from running the football.

I haven't looked at the final stats, but I'd guess they were close to 400 yards rushing. Their offense just dominated our DL and LBs. Totally dominated.

LDopaPDX said:
Yikes... that was my worst nightmare. A team committed to running the football against a team that doesn't know how to stop a team from running the football.

I haven't looked at the final stats, but I'd guess they were close to 400 yards rushing. Their offense just dominated our DL and LBs. Totally dominated.

363, with many of those yards coming in the last couple of drives of the game when our defense was smoked. Still proud of the fight in this team. If someone had told me before the game that we'd stay within 10 points of Idaho with a backup QB at the helm I would have been fairly surprised.

KJEagle said:
LDopaPDX said:

363, with many of those yards coming in the last couple of drives of the game when our defense was smoked. Still proud of the fight in this team. If someone had told me before the game that we'd stay within 10 points of Idaho with a backup QB at the helm I would have been fairly surprised.

Agreed. This team is lightyears ahead of last year’s, but perhaps still not good enough to beat the top 3 Big Sky teams. The good news is that the remainder of our games are all winnable, sans maybe MSU. Win 5 of the next 6 and we’re probably a playofff team due to our SoS.

Just got back from game. A great crowd and like having the students center of visitor side. It should look better on tv. Imagine they make that move to generate more $$ selling those reserve seats at top dollar. more money selling those prime seats.
Today the luck fell on Idaho. 1) That long pass called a catch was not. Even the player knows he never had, he was pissed he missed it. 2) We get a td and give up an 85 or whatever kick return to a guy who already had shown he can return kicks. Guess that wasn't luck but a special teams mistake by not kicking off with a squib or even out of bounds against the wind. 3) Having that miss-snap pinning them on the 8 yard line and 4th and 45 then a personal foul dead ball call giving them a first down and they drive for td ..had we recovered that would have given us an edge on getting a result.
Missing your starting QB and having that be a winnable game impressed me vs a very good Idaho team. That was fun watching Taylor and Wortham do their thing and do it well was really something as was watching Idaho's secondary...they were good or maybe just didn't have someone able to hit our WR's.

Latest posts

Back