• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Downtown Stadium

The only thing worse than the psycho libs who bring race and politics into every sports discussion are the conservatives who do the exact same thing but are too stupid to realize they’re doing THE EXACT SAME THING, just on the other side. Congrats on being the literal turd in the punch bowl.

We get you’re triggered, no one cares. I care about the football team, I thought that’s what this board was for.

Green Cookie Monster said:
Must not be paying attention.....Wood wants to initiate the first Black Honors Program in the nation. All energy, free discretionary funds and reverse discrimination is being poured into this personal goal of his. Let that sink in, no other university in the country has such a program, why not?

If Nelson came in and wanted to create the first Caucasian Honors Program or Gonzalez created the first Hispanic Honors Program all hell would have broken loose.

Kalifornia is about to award 2 million blacks who were never slaves, reparations. Let that sink in twice, as tax payers enjoy paying that bogus award.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with a stadium or arena, obvious you cant recognize sarcasm and why these two buildings have or never will be built.

Step down as moderator and stop being a fan if you find the University is doing things you find so terrible, that most civilized people would deem to be appropriate and just.

stingthemgood said:
Green Cookie Monster said:
Must not be paying attention.....Wood wants to initiate the first Black Honors Program in the nation. All energy, free discretionary funds and reverse discrimination is being poured into this personal goal of his. Let that sink in, no other university in the country has such a program, why not?

If Nelson came in and wanted to create the first Caucasian Honors Program or Gonzalez created the first Hispanic Honors Program all hell would have broken loose.

Kalifornia is about to award 2 million blacks who were never slaves, reparations. Let that sink in twice, as tax payers enjoy paying that bogus award.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with a stadium or arena, obvious you cant recognize sarcasm and why these two buildings have or never will be built.

Step down as moderator and stop being a fan if you find the University is doing things you find so terrible, that most civilized people would deem to be appropriate and just.

Nah, if nothing more than to ban you again.
You civilized?! :dunce:

Agree… I’d like to have a status update from President regarding the stadium upgrade with timeline.
Wood has never announced or implied anything regarding the stadium. A poster said, assumed by internal involvement, that a new stadium on campus is imminent, but Wood has never said anything. Everyone piled on and it is/was all just vaporware made up by a poster.

Wood has never announced or implied anything regarding the stadium. A poster said, assumed by internal involvement, that a new stadium on campus is imminent, but Wood has never said anything. Everyone piled on and it is/was all just vaporware made up by a poster.
Dr. Wood literally made this announcement during a half time broadcast on ESPN+ with Jason Ross. Can't remember if it was at Homecoming or last home game. He said the WELL reno would be done in time for hoops this Fall, and major upgrades to Hornet Stadium were imminent too. I'll try to find that on demand.

I confirmed both via public records act request and personal discussions with Orr, Dr. Nelsen, and Dr. Wood that there are at least $50M in improvements coming to Hornet Stadium. Discussions are underway with the football staff regarding layout and specifics of what they would want in a permanent west (home) seating structure with an integrated structure exclusively for football. It would be a very similar structure to the Madden Facility at Cal Poly, and it's already being touted during visits with recruits (who will probably never see it though).

I still want to see more regarding both plans. Pen to paper. Contracts. Fundraisers. Blueprints. So, in the end I share the basis of your frustration.

As far as I know the last scheduled event at the stadium is the Causeway Track and Field Meet on April 26th.
We should know pretty quick after that if the talk of stadium improvements this summer are real or BS.

Dr. Wood literally made this announcement during a half time broadcast on ESPN+ with Jason Ross. Can't remember if it was at Homecoming or last home game. He said the WELL reno would be done in time for hoops this Fall, and major upgrades to Hornet Stadium were imminent too. I'll try to find that on demand.

I confirmed both via public records act request and personal discussions with Orr, Dr. Nelsen, and Dr. Wood that there are at least $50M in improvements coming to Hornet Stadium. Discussions are underway with the football staff regarding layout and specifics of what they would want in a permanent west (home) seating structure with an integrated structure exclusively for football. It would be a very similar structure to the Madden Facility at Cal Poly, and it's already being touted during visits with recruits (who will probably never see it though).

I still want to see more regarding both plans. Pen to paper. Contracts. Fundraisers. Blueprints. So, in the end I share the basis of your frustration.
Did they say how they’d integrate the recently added steel press boxes? Feels like it would like pretty out of place if build something like Cal Poly’s stadium.

Did they say how they’d integrate the recently added steel press boxes? Feels like it would like pretty out of place if build something like Cal Poly’s stadium.
Dr. Nelson did not specify. I’m guessing it would incorporate the new boxes and elevators, etc. Today is give Sac State Day and I’m disappointed that our President is focused only on his Jennifer Hudson show appearance.

I get the university president role and his goals. Try to be as cool or progressive as you want, but please don’t neglect the most public facing aspect of your university (athletics). Hope he comes through for Hornet Nation. Mark Orr has been awfully quiet lately too, worries me.

I've seen enough facilities related statements from various Hornet admin over the past couple decades to not put any stock into whatever the newest admin guys is touting. Until there is a formal fundraiser for a formal capital improvement project(s) on the books, then this is just more of the same.

Orr has been here for 7 full years now and has done nothing significant on the facilities front, I'm not expecting him to figure it out now. He's the best D1 AD we've ever had, but facilities and fundraising is not his thing.

Wood might be able to get movement but time will tell. His time at SDSU gave him a front row seat on how to get something done, I hope he is able to tap into his past contacts for pointers. The Well remodel is a step in the right direction, but it's just a short term facility and is only happening because there was a dated student referendum to justify pilfering an existing bucket of money to fund the remodel.

A permanent events center and a new football stadium (without a track) will need a formal fundraising campaign in conjunction with a formal project. The closest thing to a formal campaign we ever had was the Power of 1000 and even that lacked the backing of a formal project. And by formal project I mean actual planning/design/construction documents that can be pushed through the CSU process, not an artist rendering of what the facility might look like.

I've seen enough facilities related statements from various Hornet admin over the past couple decades to not put any stock into whatever the newest admin guys is touting. Until there is a formal fundraiser for a formal capital improvement project(s) on the books, then this is just more of the same.

Orr has been here for 7 full years now and has done nothing significant on the facilities front, I'm not expecting him to figure it out now. He's the best D1 AD we've ever had, but facilities and fundraising is not his thing.

Wood might be able to get movement but time will tell. His time at SDSU gave him a front row seat on how to get something done, I hope he is able to tap into his past contacts for pointers. The Well remodel is a step in the right direction, but it's just a short term facility and is only happening because there was a dated student referendum to justify pilfering an existing bucket of money to fund the remodel.

A permanent events center and a new football stadium (without a track) will need a formal fundraising campaign in conjunction with a formal project. The closest thing to a formal campaign we ever had was the Power of 1000 and even that lacked the backing of a formal project. And by formal project I mean actual planning/design/construction documents that can be pushed through the CSU process, not an artist rendering of what the facility might look like.
I had a great conversation with hornet athletics leadership today.
They have received good feedback from CSU trustees that if the proposal from Dr. Woods is well thought out it will get approved for a bond.
In the interim the university has hired consultants for the proposal and also with the stadium development group that worked w San Diego State on the SnapDragon Stadium project.
The X Factor’s that could speed or slow the project is if we can get a long term lease with Sac Pro Soccer Team? With them on board the economics will easily work out. If they decide to sell that team and they leave Sacramento then the project will take more fundraising commitments from the community and city of Sacramento.

Latest posts

Back