• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023 Offers and Commitments

I didn't say that he wasn't a good QB. It will be interesting to see what his role might be at Baylor. It's just that we have a talented, experiences QB coming back and three 3* QBs waiting in the wings. I'm not confident that RJ could beat any of them out for PT. He made a good choice to get closer to home and hopefully he can contribute there. We will see.
He certainly would not have been a sure bet to start for us. That is all I am saying.

As far as the young man that decommitted from Colorado, do a little research before you spout off. :coffee:

I'm just waiting for ' Elderlatu116 's commitment to WSU over offers from BYU, USU ?????? :lol: Alright to offer, but unless the FBS team's offers are WO only, hard to get interested or excited on some prospects posted here...seriously, are they even considering Weber State??. :twocents:

SWeberCat02 said:
Olds, did you not watch the NAU game this season?
Yes, I watched that game and other NAU games as well.

In our game with NAU, RJ was the best thing NAU had going. He was quick and made some very good passes. The game was way closer than it should have been. We played, what I would call, our worst game of the year and NAU was really up for that game. RJ was the best player on a bad team. He stood out in most games because he was just about all they had. He looked to me like a dual threat QB with average arm strength, but with good accuracy. I did not think he was better than Barron. He is on the small side, but makes up for it with his speed and quickness. The QB at PSU is a similar sort of guy.

Here is what we don't know. Why is he leaving NAU? Was it to get closer to home? Was he asked to leave? Was he not getting along with teammates or coaches? Was he struggling in the classroom? Does he have issues outside of football and school?

I'm sure that our coaches looked into all of that. I'm sure that Baylor did as well. We don't know what his offers really were or why he chose to do what he did.

When both of our top 2 QBs entered the portal it left us scrambling to find experience at the position. Although, we have two 3* rated freshmen coming in, and one due back from a mission the following year, it's hard to think about that position room having almost no experience in a D1 game. That all changed when Kylan Weisser decided to stay. We have seen what he can do and we are comfortable with it. Would we take a high level QB if one were to fall our way? Maybe, but it isn't such a high priority for now. :coffee:

It's hard to judge how good a recruiting class might be for at least a few years. However, this may be the highest 'rated' class we have ever had. There is a good mix of size, speed, and skill in this bunch. From the looks of it there may be 4 or 5 of these guys who can contribute right out of the gate. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the fall.

I'm sure that there will be more walk on players show up for spring ball and summer workouts. We usually have walk ons who later earn scholarships. BTW, the walk ons so far are top notch. Some of those guys are sure bets for future scholarships.

Does anyone know who our return missionaries will be this year?

Keahnist just signed on with us, 6'3'', 255lbs, DE Highly recruited 3* coming out of HS. 4 years to play 4.
https://twitter.com/farrellportal/status/1649213895842623488

Andrew Carter, 6'3'', 300lbs, OL transfer from Carrol College. 2022 NAIA first team All American.

https://twitter.com/weberstatefb/status/1682103826143387654

https://twitter.com/SemisiKinikini/status/1717609535798747314

https://twitter.com/SemisiKinikini/status/1603634650349391872

Latest posts

Back