Spring Football Is Underway!!!

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
BSCfan

It feels so good to see this once again! Stingers Up!!!
Kadeezy

Any reports? I miss being able to watch practice on campus and report back.
BSCfan

Kadeezy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:47 am Any reports? I miss being able to watch practice on campus and report back.
I take it the Bee or the TV stations don't cover spring ball there? I look everyday for any news coming out of practice about the team. Most of the time...nothing.
Super Hornet
Admin

BSCfan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:48 pm
Kadeezy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:47 am Any reports? I miss being able to watch practice on campus and report back.
I take it the Bee or the TV stations don't cover spring ball there? I look everyday for any news coming out of practice about the team. Most of the time...nothing.
For the most part, the Bee and local radio have been nothing but Manure Pile rags, so this isn't surprising to say the least. A minor caveat to that, of course, is that Channel 31 DID cover a few 2019 Hornet games. But, true to form, Channel 31 aired just about ALL of the Davis games Spring 2021. That's where their hearts seem to be....
EventCenterNow

I think one of the other factors in why the media hasn't talked about Sac State's Spring football practices is that everyone is too focused on what's happening with a certain mismanaged NBA team and whether they'll be making a coaching change after their season ends on May 16 (with another year added to their playoff drought :ohno: ). I also think the uncertainty over the MLS expansion bid has taken up more of the media interest.

As far as the Hornets' TV situation is concerned, I wouldn't sweat too much about it :roll: . When UC Davis announced that Channel 31 was carrying the Aggies' home games during the recent Spring season, I checked the story on their web site and the station's general manager had a quote about adding UC Davis football to their local sports lineup, which includes the River Cats, Sacramento State football and the Stockton Kings G-League team. I have a feeling that Channel 31 will carry both teams' respective home games this Fall. The station really is putting a lot of emphasis on Sacramento area sports. I also checked the Fall schedules for both the Hornets and the Aggies and there is only one date when both teams are at home. It would be Saturday, November 13 (the week before the Causeway Classic). Sac State will host Portland State, while UC Davis will host Eastern Washington. Hopefully when we get closer to the season starting, we should know how everyone involved (between Channel 31, the participating schools and maybe even the Big Sky Conference) will resolve the conflict.
BSCfan

All I know is as of today (Fri, Apr 23) there are 4 remaining spring practices. There haven't been any postponements for COVID issues and fingers crossed it stays that way. Last practice of the spring is Saturday, May 1. I just can't wait to see the guys on the field again this fall!

Stingers Up!!!
SDHornet

Good to hear that nothing has impacted the spring camp. I don't recall local media really covering spring camp in the past other than maybe a short spot when it starts so that's nothing new there.

The bigger concern I have is why the folks running the social media accounts haven't done a better job of providing updates, pics, vids, etc. Yeah there have been some posts, but they could have taken a cue from the way Hornet baseball runs their SM accounts and stepped up their game quite a bit.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
HornetHope

BSCfan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm All I know is as of today (Fri, Apr 23) there are 4 remaining spring practices. There haven't been any postponements for COVID issues and fingers crossed it stays that way. Last practice of the spring is Saturday, May 1. I just can't wait to see the guys on the field again this fall!

Stingers Up!!!
BSC Fan, Jace O’Hara showed up on roster but allegedly his brother Asher who was QB at MTSU tweeted out he was coming, even his Twitter account says same, but no word. Hear anything?
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
BSCfan

HornetHope wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:53 pm
BSCfan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm All I know is as of today (Fri, Apr 23) there are 4 remaining spring practices. There haven't been any postponements for COVID issues and fingers crossed it stays that way. Last practice of the spring is Saturday, May 1. I just can't wait to see the guys on the field again this fall!

Stingers Up!!!
BSC Fan, Jace O’Hara showed up on roster but allegedly his brother Asher who was QB at MTSU tweeted out he was coming, even his Twitter account says same, but no word. Hear anything?
I haven't, sorry.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State