Kevin Thomson In The Portal???

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
BSCfan

BSCfan

StudentHornet

Thomson wants to play professional football...if Sac State doesn’t have a season maybe he would rather go to a school that will to further his case that he could make it at the next level? Is that a valid reason?

I’m sorry, I’m just grasping at straws...I’m not sure how to process this information lol
BSCfan

BSCfan

StudentHornet wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:16 pm Thomson wants to play professional football...if Sac State doesn’t have a season maybe he would rather go to a school that will to further his case that he could make it at the next level? Is that a valid reason?

I’m sorry, I’m just grasping at straws...I’m not sure how to process this information lol
I know the team's proceeding as if a season will take place as small group training is happening as of this week. I'm wondering if because he might be thinking of his pro prospects, he's thinking a season of FBS ball (again) would improve his stock with the pros.
GreenArmySwarm

I feel things to note:

Thompson can always pull his name out of the portal if he doesn’t get an offer that he likes

If Thomson thinks he can’t get to the scouts because he plays at the FCS level, he’s misguided. If you play on a winning team, you will get notice. Look at Trey Lance (project first rounder) and JMU’s QB who got drafted in this past draft. Thomson is not getting a lot of consideration more because of his injuries past.

Is it all FBS jobs or just high G5 and any P5 jobs he’s looking for, because that’d be interesting to follow also.

At the end of the day, there’s nothing we can do but wish him the best of luck. Next man up, the job is yours to lose now, Jake.
Kadeezy

Sonofa...
GreenArmySwarm

GreenArmySwarm wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm I feel things to note:

Thompson can always pull his name out of the portal if he doesn’t get an offer that he likes

If Thomson thinks he can’t get to the scouts because he plays at the FCS level, he’s misguided. If you play on a winning team, you will get notice. Look at Trey Lance (project first rounder) and JMU’s QB who got drafted in this past draft. Thomson is not getting a lot of consideration more because of his injuries past.

Is it all FBS jobs or just high G5 and any P5 jobs he’s looking for, because that’d be interesting to follow also.

At the end of the day, there’s nothing we can do but wish him the best of luck. Next man up, the job is yours to lose now, Jake.
Also, if Thomson does leave, does Kaiden Bennett wants a shot at the starting job 😉 He won’t have to sit out a year...
Kadeezy

GreenArmySwarm wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 pm
GreenArmySwarm wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm I feel things to note:

Also, if Thomson does leave, does Kaiden Bennett wants a shot at the starting job 😉 He won’t have to sit out a year...
Gotta say Thomson is almost assuredly gone - looks like a united front from the other players on Twitter, saying “we’ll be fine”, “we’re ready”, etc
HornetHope

I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

First the State is still jerking folks around. The potential for another half season is not palatable.

Second, there is something else going on in the relationship. If I am an All American QB, Payton finalist, why would I EVER consider leaving, especially after I got the keys to the Ferrari last year? Something went off here.
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
Green Cookie Monster

Agreed. Something is afoot that doesnt smell good.

He is a glass QB, he realistically has no chance in the NFL. Wonder who is feeding him that garbage. He is a good college QB, but his medical shows he is not long-term. That is gratitude for you.

Why would he leave given he was crowned stud QB at a school where he will forever be listed as the best, to go to a school that he will never be remembered?

The FBS will play this fall, too much $$$ at stake. The Communist State University will force the CSU's, except darlings SDSU, Fresno and SJSU, to cancel FCS football this year.
Kadeezy

Green Cookie Monster wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:04 am Agreed. Something is afoot that doesnt smell good.

He is a glass QB, he realistically has no chance in the NFL. Wonder who is feeding him that garbage. He is a good college QB, but his medical shows he is not long-term. That is gratitude for you.

Why would he leave given he was crowned stud QB at a school where he will forever be listed as the best, to go to a school that he will never be remembered?

The FBS will play this fall, too much $$$ at stake. The Communist State University will force the CSU's, except darlings SDSU, Fresno and SJSU, to cancel FCS football this year.
Haley reported yesterday that Sac State will
Have a full season. So there’s that.

Also, on the zoom last Friday, sounded like - The CSU order is not going to stop any of the NCAA athletics from proceeding.
HornetHope

Unfortunately for Thomson, the message he just sent was not a good one.

I am not committed, I am more concerned about me than us, I am not a team guy. Teams that might take him are not top flight teams, San Jose, Akron, Charlotte. Even if he pulls transfer, teammates will always question his ???
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
Kadeezy

HornetHope wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm Unfortunately for Thomson, the message he just sent was not a good one.

I am not committed, I am more concerned about me than us, I am not a team guy. Teams that might take him are not top flight teams, San Jose, Akron, Charlotte. Even if he pulls transfer, teammates will always question his ???
Regardless of his intentions, the team (rightfully so) has to have the “next man up” attitude.

Dunniway isn’t as athletic or talented as Thomson IMO, but he’s going to throw for a ton of TDs and Yards in Taylor’s system. Maybe Roman Ale too.

Should be a nice chip on everyone’s shoulder going into the season after the AP game, Thomson leaving, etc...
GreenArmySwarm

Kadeezy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:47 am
HornetHope wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm Unfortunately for Thomson, the message he just sent was not a good one.

Regardless of his intentions, the team (rightfully so) has to have the “next man up” attitude.

Dunniway isn’t as athletic or talented as Thomson IMO, but he’s going to throw for a ton of TDs and Yards in Taylor’s system. Maybe Roman Ale too.

Should be a nice chip on everyone’s shoulder going into the season after the AP game, Thomson leaving, etc...
Agreed. Jake will do just fine. We might not blow out teams like we did last year, but with an easier schedule, I don’t see how we can’t win. Really hope that Kaiden Bennett gives us a call. Looks like that Nevada job is sealed up for the next 3 years, so he might be looking to move elsewhere. The fact that he considered the Hornets when he transferred out of Boise and he won’t have to sit out another year because of transfer rules could be something worth noting. Could be a simple plug and play situation.

I don’t think Taylor will play Yaro this year. I hope Taylor and Co. redshirts him, so he could work on his body and learn the system, then take over then. Also, didn’t Roman Ale graduate this past year?
GreenArmySwarm

12 Jake Dunniway QB 6-1 210 Jr. 1V Tracy, Calif. / San Diego Mesa JC
Yaro Duvalko QB 6-3 180 Fr. HS Vancouver, Wash. / Skyview HS
Jayden Machado QB 6-1 204 Jr. JC Elk Grove, Calif. / Sacramento City JC
19 Tristan Meyer QB 6-0 190 Jr. 2V La Mirada, Calif. / La Mirada HS

:coffee: okay, depth chart looks a little thin here lol Tristan Meyer next in line after Jake.
Kadeezy

GreenArmySwarm wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:58 am
Kadeezy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:47 am

Agreed. Jake will do just fine. We might not blow out teams like we did last year, but with an easier schedule, I don’t see how we can’t win. Really hope that Kaiden Bennett gives us a call. Looks like that Nevada job is sealed up for the next 3 years, so he might be looking to move elsewhere. The fact that he considered the Hornets when he transferred out of Boise and he won’t have to sit out another year because of transfer rules could be something worth noting. Could be a simple plug and play situation.

I don’t think Taylor will play Yaro this year. I hope Taylor and Co. redshirts him, so he could work on his body and learn the system, then take over then. Also, didn’t Roman Ale graduate this past year?
[email protected], did Ale graduate? Maybe looking at an outdated roster.

Bennett would be an incredible coup for the Hornets, and Yaro is extremely talented.

If you HAVE to lose an all-american, Payton candidate - at least it’s at a position where your HC seems to be able to plug and play successful replacements.
Kadeezy

Kaiden Bennett is in the Transfer Portal, first reported 5/21.

Perhaps he contacted the coaches and Thomson felt slighted? Hmmmm.

Interesting...
GreenArmySwarm

Kadeezy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:23 pm Kaiden Bennett is in the Transfer Portal, first reported 5/21.

Interesting...
Woahhh! Do you have the link??

Could you have possibly mistaken Kaymen Cuerton who transferred to EKU from Nevada for Bennett?
Kadeezy

GreenArmySwarm wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 pm
Kadeezy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:23 pm Kaiden Bennett is in the Transfer Portal, first reported 5/21.

Interesting...
Woahhh! Do you have the link??

Could you have possibly mistaken Kaymen Cuerton who transferred to EKU from Nevada for Bennett?

Chris Murray is Nevada beat writer, look at this response to a tweet about Bennett. Unless
I’m misreading, sounds like he’s saying Cuerton is gone and Bennett is in portal?

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah