It's based on 247/Rivals points system. (which is the most heavily used/most reliable football recruiting ageny, I would say)BuckeyeHornetFan wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 pmWith regard to your comment about him being the second highest rated recruit ever, what are you basing that on? Just from this recruiting class alone, DeShawn Lynch had more recruiting interest from power 5 programs. And was a 3 star. So was Dulvalko. I see JDV listed as a 3 star as well, but not the same interest from marquee programs as Lynch.GreenArmySwarm wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:34 pm Another thing I found interesting, Jayden Dixon-Veal (second highest rated recruit ever) is not on the official roster where it looks like almost everyone on 2020 recruiting class is. Is there something going on there?
Could this be another Daniel Fortune (another 3 star / 2019 recruiting class) that never ended up showing up to campus?
DeShawn Lynch is in fact the highest rated recruit (out of HS) ever by the Hornets. He was a 3 star (dropped down from 4 after is Junior year) and was rated at 0.8689. A few points away from effectively being a 4 star. Like you said JDV is also a 3*, but his rating was a 0.8399 (a firm 3 star). In regards to Dulvalko, even with his 3* status, his rating was only a 0.8173. So Dulvalko was closer to being a 2* (I think the cutoff is 0.79), even with some FBS interests and decommitement from Utah State.
In case anyone is curious, this is the list of our 12 highest-rated recruits (ever since they started tracking this)
1. DeShawn Lynch 0.8689 - 2020
2. Jayden Dixon-Veal 0.8399 - 2020
3. Patrick Dean 0.8399 - 2020
4. Jarrell Anderson 0.8366 - 2018
5. Daniel Fortune 0.8299 - 2019 *Never showed up
6. Mitchell Wolfe 0.8268 - 2020
7. Jordan Robinson 0.8199 - 2013 (all time great RB for the program - played (playing?) in the CFL
8. Armon Bailey 0.8199 - 2018
9. Cameron Broussard 0.8198 - 2020
10. Yaro Duvalko 0.8173 - 2020
11. Xavier Mason 0.7982 - 2020
12. Jihad Vercher 0.7973 - 2013 (couldn't beat out Safron for the starting job, ended up transferring to ARC and never got back into D1)
13. Dorian Hale 0.7882 -2021 (if committment sticks) - funny thing about Hale's rating is that he was a 3* before committing to Sac. Agencies sometimes lower your rating if you commit early and to a non prestige program. He now's a 2* with a few decimal points away from being 3. They even do this this to Top100 recruits.
14. Jared Gipson 0.7831- 2020
15. Mike Walters 0.7797 -2020 (flipped to UC Davis after Mitchell Wolfe committed) So I don't really count this.
This is interesting and fun to look at, but it really boils down to what you do once you get on campus!