2019 Spring Camp

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
SDHornet

Spring Camp started this week. Anyone planning on making it out to any practices?

Hornetsports has a breakdown on the coaching staff and returning players.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fbal ... 0325ttlr2r
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
BuckeyeHornetFan

KCRA has a news story on opening day, mostly about Coach Taylor's return to SAC.

https://www.kcra.com/article/new-footba ... e/26953362
BSCfan

It doesn't specifically say, but is Saturday, April 27 your Spring Game?
ChiCity

BSCfan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
One could assume that since it's the last day of spring camp that it would be the game or some semblance of a game.

A couple of other questions. There is no punter shown on the roster. Anyone know if there is a punter in camp? Kind of an important position. Sac rarely seems to go after a quality punter. I would think Taylor would know how important a punter can be after being in the Pac12. Also, what happened to the extra kicker we had last year and the kicker we signed in '17, Derrick Valencia? Medeiros goes down, we're hosed....anyone that remembers the Diniz2 experiment when we had to go for it on 4th and 10 in the red zone since we couldn't find the uprights knows what I'm talking about.
BSCfan

ChiCity wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm
BSCfan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
One could assume that since it's the last day of spring camp that it would be the game or some semblance of a game.

A couple of other questions. There is no punter shown on the roster. Anyone know if there is a punter in camp? Kind of an important position. Sac rarely seems to go after a quality punter. I would think Taylor would know how important a punter can be after being in the Pac12. Also, what happened to the extra kicker we had last year and the kicker we signed in '17, Derrick Valencia? Medeiros goes down, we're hosed....anyone that remembers the Diniz2 experiment when we had to go for it on 4th and 10 in the red zone since we couldn't find the uprights knows what I'm talking about.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking...just didn't want to assume though.

Interesting info about the punting and kicking situations though...
ChiCity

Attended practice today and there is a punter and an extra kicker, niether of which are shown on the roster. Practice appeared to be crisp and well run with both Thomson and Ale looking sharp.
BSCfan

ChiCity wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm
Attended practice today and there is a punter and an extra kicker, niether of which are shown on the roster. Practice appeared to be crisp and well run with both Thomson and Ale looking sharp.
How have the kickers looked?
ChiCity

Medeiros looked good. Kicked several through from over 50 yards. Second kicker not bad but ball coming out way too low. Punter did not kick a typical spiral kick, but more of a rugby style but with good hangtime, distance and placement.
BSCfan

ChiCity wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 am
Medeiros looked good. Kicked several through from over 50 yards. Second kicker not bad but ball coming out way too low. Punter did not kick a typical spiral kick, but more of a rugby style but with good hangtime, distance and placement.
Thanks for the info. My kid's possibly looking to transfer there from a JUCO and I was just trying to to do a little research on what's there at his position (Kicker).

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah