Done

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
DrMike

Kadeezy wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:00 pm
Okay, per game notes - Thomson is done for the year and Wyatt Clapper will not play in the Causeway Classic. The team will start Hamish McClure, Angus’ true frosh son and perhaps mix in Tristan Meyer, RS FR.
Good that he can come back if he choses. There were a rash of QB injuries this season. I'm liking our chances better now.

Our air quality in Livermore went from 130 -> 210 in one day, while Davis has seemed to drop from the 160-180 range down to a more 'reasonable' 130. If that shift continues, I'm pretty sure we'll play on Saturday. Most of our donors, however, are in that 'sensitive group', so the west stands might be sparsely attended.
DrMike

Your game notes still show Thomson as the starter. i would think that since he played in 6 games this year would count against his eligiblity? Until i see young Hamish taking snaps, i'm not ruling out a 'willis reed' moment!
Green Laser

Kadeezy wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:00 pm
Okay, per game notes - Thomson is done for the year and Wyatt Clapper will not play in the Causeway Classic. The team will start Hamish McClure, Angus’ true frosh son and perhaps mix in Tristan Meyer, RS FR.
Thomson , Obinna and others will be eligible for another year if they choose to return.
Hamish has a tall order for his first start. I like what I've seen in his brief appearances, he certainly has a great football and Hornet pedigree! Meyer has also looked good, his brother was a very good QB at Eastern Washington. Either is a upgrade over Clapper. We are deep in young QB talent, if we can only keep them healthy!
Kadeezy

DrMike wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Your game notes still show Thomson as the starter. i would think that since he played in 6 games this year would count against his eligiblity? Until i see young Hamish taking snaps, i'm not ruling out a 'willis reed' moment!
He was seeking a medical RS for a previous year at UNLV, which apparently has been granted. No way he runs out there Saturday. I should clarify that the pdf of the game notes doesn’t say Thomson is out, but the HornetSports.com write up attached to it implies that he is done.
Green Laser

DrMike wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Dr. Mike,
Good to see you on this side of the Causeway again! The eligibility claim is not based on this season but on one of his UNLV seasons. It was mentioned before he was injured this year. He injured his back week two vs. San Diego State and did not look the same since. He was finally finished off at Southern Utah.
SochorField

All I can say, man, is I understand the pain. The pain we endured through the Ron Gould era was pretty unbearable.

I can't help but think Sac just wants this thing to be cancelled and get the heck into the off season. The seniors probably don't agree.

Davis needs another W. A big one to end the regular season.
DrMike

On our radio show tonight, they said that Thomson would be back this week. So should be interesting to see whose out there
Kadeezy

Will the smoke save us from an Aggie beatdown?
DrMike

There will be an update announced tomorrow at 10:00. My gut says no game based on how bad it’s gotten the past two days. Next home game will be at UC Health Stadium (did you see that announcement? 40M new performance center, practice field, facilities
DrMike

Kadeezy wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:44 pm
Will the smoke save us from an Aggie beatdown?
I’m pretty sure we’re playing just not in Davis. I think they announce a change of venue tomorrow morning.
ChiCity

We beat up on Incarnate Word last year and they won one game last year. This year they're in the playoffs. How bad are we and is there hope for the future?
Green Cookie Monster

ChiCity wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:46 pm
We beat up on Incarnate Word last year and they won one game last year. This year they're in the playoffs. How bad are we and is there hope for the future?
We are bad. Have been for 30yrs, obviously you know that.
If Sears is back next year it looks very, very bad for the program. His 2nd string obviously aren't FCS material, so he is not a recruiter or developer of players.

How lucky for UCFE, they get to destroy the FB and MBB of Suck State within four days of each other.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah