Week 5 - 9/29 - Open
Week 6 - 10/6 - vs Cal Poly
Week 7 - 10/13 - at Southern Utah
Week 8 - 10/20 - vs North Dakota
Week 9 - 10/27 - vs Portland State
Week 10 - 11/3 - at Weber State
Week 11 - 11/10 - vs Northern Arizona
Week 12 - 11/17 - at dungpile

Need one more game and it needs to be an FCS opponent at home if this team wants to make a serious run for the playoffs.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
HornetHope

Radio announcers said something about opening with a D2 was not paying much attention to it and who they have scheduled?
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
Kadeezy

Unfortunately, Jason Ross said the Hornets were hosting a non-D1 week 1 at Home.

Hopefully that can be changed up - any FCS team
At home would be better...
SDHornet

Hope that isn't the case. A D2 game essentially makes it a 9 game season (SDSU will be a loss)...which means the Hornets will probably need 8 D1 wins to make the playoffs. Not a good situation in a playoffs or bust type of season.
Green Cookie Monster

SDHornet wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 pm
Hope that isn't the case. A D2 game essentially makes it a 9 game season (SDSU will be a loss)...which means the Hornets will probably need 8 D1 wins to make the playoffs. Not a good situation in a playoffs or bust type of season.
Just be happy they won Causeway.
GreenArmySwarm

Let’s schedule a series with University of San Diego. It’d be a good competitive game, looks good on the schedule because they win the Pioneer Conference on a consistent basis and travel won’t cost much for both sides. Plus, it’s against another California school so that should draw a good crowd.
OldSchoolHornet

I'm sure first thing this morning the SD genius will sit his boy Orr down and explain the situation in terms he can understand and all of this will get taken care of.
Green Cookie Monster

I’d like to see another SLC team. SFA, Abilene Christian.
SDHornet

OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 am
I'm sure first thing this morning the SD genius will sit his boy Orr down and explain the situation in terms he can understand and all of this will get taken care of.
Sounds like somebody is still butt hurt about the Hornet FB alum getting passed on for the AD gig. :lol:
OldSchoolHornet

Once again you are claiming to have a better grasp than the athletic administration as to how to run the football program...why don't you share your self-declared wisdom with them? Bashful or just a coward?
SDHornet

Apparently you didn't pay too much attention to this past round of playoff selections. Not too surprising.
OldSchoolHornet

I didn't say you were wrong...I just can't believe you don't think everyone else, including the athletic administration, doesn't already have it figured out without the guidance of the self-proclaimed genius.
Kadeezy

OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:36 am
I didn't say you were wrong...I just can't believe you don't think everyone else, including the athletic administration, doesn't already have it figured out without the guidance of the self-proclaimed genius.
I’ve been posting here (and on the previous iteration of this board) since 2004/05 and haven’t seen SDHornet proclaim that before...?

Not getting the ball busting just because a guy takes time to write up a lot of previews, looks at stats, etc and puts them in a post for other fans... we all make guesses on wins, losses and hires on here for fun and SD is on-point much more than he ain’t!
WILDCAT

Glad to See Sac and Weber playing each other as conference mates again. 4 year OOC series was nice and all but I prefer the games being conference games again......for now.
WEBER STATE, WEBER STATE, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT
Super Hornet
Admin

Any objection to scheduling a [email protected] FBS (read: Sun Belch/WAC) in Week 1? Or perhaps a FBS with a history of losing to FCS (read: Oregon State)? Either option would give us a winnable game, FBS credit, and not really beat us up. And then we could replace SDSU in Week 2 with USD for a good "par FCS" game (GAS's idea).

FWIW, I also like GCM's idea. I'd also like to hear a SDH suggestion. His are always good....
SDHornet

OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Actually they don’t…well at least not Sears/Smaha…hopefully Orr knows better and can change this disastrous scheduling approach. Per FootballScoop on April 3, 2017:
Sacramento State (FCS – CA): Sacramento State is looking to pay two guarantee games of $40k for a DII / DIII or NAIA opponent on both of the following dates. September 1st, 2018 and August 31st, 2019. If interested, please reach out to Director of Football Operations Ryan Smaha at [email protected].

So basically Sears, the guy you now fully back since your Hornet FB alum affirmative action plan goes bye-bye with a Sears extension, is going to (if not already) make the 2018 season a 9 game season in which the Hornets will have to go 8-1 for a shot at the playoffs. Great way to set up a playoffs or bust season by Sears. Absolutely brilliant scheduling approach that provides almost no room for error and injury. Yup, Sears knows exactly what he is doing. Once again you nailed it OSH.

Curious to know where all the other Sears fanboys fall on this issue and the lack of confidence in the 2018 team that Sears is displaying by this horrible scheduling approach. For someone claiming to “trust the process”, his scheduling approach sure doesn’t align with his rhetoric. Can’t wait to read the excuses and spin on this.
SDHornet

Kadeezy wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am
OldSchoolHornet wrote:
I’ve been posting here (and on the previous iteration of this board) since 2004/05 and haven’t seen SDHornet proclaim that before...?

Not getting the ball busting just because a guy takes time to write up a lot of previews, looks at stats, etc and puts them in a post for other fans... we all make guesses on wins, losses and hires on here for fun and SD is on-point much more than he ain’t!
Thanks K. I’ve never proclaimed that, or anything near it. OSH just assumes I have because I constantly smash him with historical trends, stats, and other factual info that is easily obtainable by anyone with the cognitive ability to conduct a Google search.
SDHornet

WILDCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm
Glad to See Sac and Weber playing each other as conference mates again. 4 year OOC series was nice and all but I prefer the games being conference games again......for now.
You're just saying that because Sears has been out-coached by Hill ever since he has been here. :lol: :ohno:

I like the Weber match-up as well and it's a cheap and easy flight. :thumb:
HornetHope

Kadeezy wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am
OldSchoolHornet wrote:

Agree completely with Kadeezy! Have no idea what OSH is talking about.
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
OldSchoolHornet

I can't help but wonder if Kadeezy and HH remember that the SD genius used his cognitive ability and Googling skills when he guaranteed everyone on this board that I was wrong about Sperbeck getting the program on probation. Perfect example of his skill set.

How about when he stated anyone could accomplish what Troy Taylor did with the offense at EWU. A guy who doesn't know enough football to play Madden and he's talking crap about Troy Taylor?

There's a couple examples of what I'm talking about.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah