• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

AD Search

Quote from Ian's Blog

Rumor has it that the selection committee is down to five finalists with one last holdup delaying the announcement of names. My advice would be to resolve that issue yesterday and announce the finalists Monday morning

be listening tomorrow

Wow. You guys see the quotes by Teri in Canzano's column today?

"Nobody knows what anyone is doing over here. Nobody knows what's going on with the athletic director search, or how long it's going to take. Being successful is mostly a matter of getting some basic support, and that doesn't always mean funding."

Talk about dropping the hammer on the way out...

I think Teri's probably on to something. She's been fairly productive and proactive as Interim AD, so I doubt she would be keeping quiet about her thoughts for improving the administration. Seems more likely that she's been voicing concerns but doing it behind the scenes in a professional manner. If anything, the fact that she's now talking in the press would indicate that she's said quite a bit behind the scenes and is finally fed up at the lackluster response.Last edited by on 2007-02-18, 16:05; edited 1 time in total

Discussing these issues, one has to be delicate but....Why do all Viking fans continue to pass the buck? First, it was Tari's fault because she was a D-II person and Walsh's for being a D-II coach. Now it is the university and its lack of funding and presumably Oregon's legislators.

Stop it! Look the Oregon constitution has a balanced budget clause in it. If you all want to blame others go right ahead, but blaming a document is silly. In my opinion, which I tried to voice on the other board....Market the program yourselves by printing out schedules and placing them around the office. Distribute posters to downtown businesses when they come out.

I know winning markets itself, but fans have got to take small responsibility. If the university is going to market itslef, it should spend the money to get a nice banner in Pioneer Courthouse Square.

WiViking said:
Discussing these issues, one has to be delicate but....Why do all Viking fans continue to pass the buck? First, it was Tari's fault because she was a D-II person and Walsh's for being a D-II coach. Now it is the university and its lack of funding and presumably Oregon's legislators.

Stop it! Look the Oregon constitution has a balanced budget clause in it. If you all want to blame others go right ahead, but blaming a document is silly. In my opinion, which I tried to voice on the other board....Market the program yourselves by printing out schedules and placing them around the office. Distribute posters to downtown businesses when they come out.

I know winning markets itself, but fans have got to take small responsibility. If the university is going to market itslef, it should spend the money to get a nice banner in Pioneer Courthouse Square.

Personally, I blame the Athletic Department. Sure, while PSU gets less state funding than that of UO and OSU (even though we have a bigger enrollment), is this really something to lay blame on? Running on a shoestring AD budget is nothing new. Adapt and overcome. Find a way to get it done with the budget that is in place. Prime example: Funding for the pep band ran out this year from a donation three years ago to the school of fine arts. PSU was unable to find a way to transfer some funds from the Athletic Department into the correct budget to get the band back up and running. Departments on budgets such as PSU's should be able to find a way to get things done. That can change with a leader who won't take "that's not possible" for an excuse.

PSUVikings said:
marini may not be staying at her current postion but man she is a huge contributer in my eyes, what a great get

Yeah, she's a PSU diehard so I'm sure she'll still be involved at least a little. We owe her a heartfelt thanks.

The only reason she took the interm AD job was because nobody else was around to do it. She had officially retired a month or two before Burman left. Because of her loyalty to PSU she came back and got stuck as the AD for a year. She never wanted to be the AD for the long. My heartfelt thanks go out to Teri and everything she has done for PSU.

So by my count 2 of the 4 AD candidates have been on campus for interviews. Anybody meet them or hear any rumors about how their interviews went?

This is the last chance to meet the last candidate in person on Thursday.. I pasted an email from Bernstine:

Chris May
2:30-3:30
Thursday, March 15
298 SMSU

Forms for your appraisal and evaluation of the candidates will be available at the open meetings. If you prefer to respond by e-mail, please send your comments to Rod Diman, Chair of the Search Committee, at [email protected], or bring your response forms to the President�s Office, 341 Cramer Hall.

Resumes are available on the Portland State Vikings website:

www.goviks.com

The only question that I have for the new AD is simply how are you going to get butts at the sporting events? Unfortunately I couldn't slip away from work to ask them myself.

Maybe Isakson?

goviks.com pulled the resumes for the AD position down this week. I suspect a decision has been made and we'll know very soon.

Latest posts

Back