• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

AD Search

I am anxiously optimistic about this. If we had this kind of excitement around the program when Burman was at PSU, things might have worked out differently.

Not the favorite for the job, according to anyone I heard from. His energy must be irresistable. However, I do think his accomplishments make him a good choice.

Torre is a very good guy. I hope he does good things for you. I knew him when he was Marketing Director at UCSB. I was just a rabid student fan then though, so I can't speak real well to his abilities, but I wish him well.

bmacSB said:
Torre is a very good guy. I hope he does good things for you. I knew him when he was Marketing Director at UCSB. I was just a rabid student fan then though, so I can't speak real well to his abilities, but I wish him well.

Welcome to the site bmacSB

We are glad to have him, please let us know more about him!

I can tell you the reason he isn't smiling in the picture in the press release. Its not because he's not a happy guy. Its cause he's got a huuuge gap in his chicklets ala Dave Letterman and Condi Rice.
By all accounts he's a well prepared (though not a football background) administrator that is bright and capable fellow.

From yesterday's press conference transcript:
Q: How are you going to try and attract more students to the games?
A: “The first thing I want to do is meet with the student leaders and other students to see what motivates them. I’ve had a lot of success at previous schools where I built strong student support groups. If we’re going to draw from the great Portland community, they’re going to be attracted by what is the traditional college gameday experience. That really starts with students. It starts with having an active student group. Students cheering and making a lot of noise. It’s with the cheerleaders and with the band. It’s with all those different things. We want to reach out to Portland and create a great environment for them to come out and watch games in their backyard. We’re going to have to bring those things in and build an environment around the games.”

Wait 'til he figures out we don't have a band.

He talks about getting the community involved, so I bet he will have local high school bands at the games. That would be a big win for everyone.

pottystops said:
He talks about getting the community involved, so I bet he will have local high school bands at the games. That would be a big win for everyone.

Personally I think that PSU needs to start building a marching band of their own. There are probably enough high school students in all the various high schools in the Portland area who want to stay home and continue their musical training but choose other schools because PSU does not have a marching band.

Latest posts

Back