• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2017 Sac State baseball

Baseball has a near flawless run through the WACT capped by a 5-0 win over Bako to punch a ticket to Regionals. Dillon was named WACT MVP. Good to see those facility investments seeing a return so quickly.
:clap: :cool:

Sac State wins the WAC tourney in four games. Congrats.

Moving on now to the NCAA baseball tourney.

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

Baseball continues to be one of our best programs year after year.

Ps. So nice to see Sac State on WAC TV tonight. So much better than Big Sky TV. Glad to have Big Sky TV but be nice if Big Sky TV can get as good as WAC TV

josephpoint said:

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

Ps. So nice to see Sac State on WAC TV tonight. So much better than Big Sky TV. Glad to have Big Sky TV but be nice if Big Sky TV can get as good as WAC TV

I would agree. Baseball is our best consistent sport that is on a national interest level.
This team really pulled it out for a successful season. I thought it was over when Chicago State beat them, but they proved me wrong and are peaking at just the perfect time of year.

Congrats, Hornet Baseball. I'd add 2-3 years to Reggie's contract, now through 2021. He is certainly a great HC and a good ambassador of the school. I am sure SJSU will try to poach him, like our other successful coaches.

WAC tv was awesome, watched every game Hornets were involved.

SDHornet said:
Baseball has a near flawless run through the WACT capped by a 5-0 win over Bako to punch a ticket to Regionals. Dillon was named WACT MVP. Good to see those facility investments seeing a return so quickly.
:clap: :cool:

Hopefully this will translate into increased attendance. For a self proclaimed sports town having 302 attend a DI game is shameful.

Next up is a press box, new locker rooms and an overhang for the seats on hot days. What would we need to do to host a Regional as there are certain NCAA requirements, adding lights was a first step? Winning conference is step two.

Green Cookie Monster said:
josephpoint said:

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

I would agree. Baseball is our best consistent sport that is on a national interest level.
This team really pulled it out for a successful season. I thought it was over when Chicago State beat them, but they proved me wrong and are peaking at just the perfect time of year.

Congrats, Hornet Baseball. I'd add 2-3 years to Reggie's contract, now through 2021. He is certainly a great HC and a good ambassador of the school. I am sure SJSU will try to poach him, like our other successful coaches.

WAC tv was awesome, watched every game Hornets were involved.

Christiansen is already on contract through 2021 to stave off a Pac12 poaching. If he were to leave, he could do a lot better than SJSU. Fact is he is in a good place with admin that has proved to support his program. It would have to take a pretty big contract to get him to jump.

Hornets are going to the Stanford Regional.

1. Stanford
2. Fullerton
3. BYU
4. Sac

Thanks to getting grouped with BYU, the games are Thursday - Saturday instead of Friday - Sunday. Hornets first game is Thursday at 6 pm. All games will be on WatchESPN.

Keep everything rolling Hornets tomorrow in Palo Alto.

Playing your best baseball of the season in a good season so just keep it up. Hornet Pride.

Go Sac State

and

Stingers Up!!

Would Stanford STILL host if Sac wins? Would the $$ tell there? Or could the Super Regional possibly move to Stockton in Sac's name (a reversal of UOP hosting the NCAA hoops tournament at ARCO)? Or could the Sac baseball complex be allowed to host? That, of course, would be the best of all scenarios....

Hornets were overpowered at Regionals losing 10-0 to Stanford and 6-1 to BYU. The hot bats cooled off and that was pretty much it. There was a good Hornet turnout for the Stanford game.

Good run to end the season nonetheless.

Latest posts

Back