• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WSU vs UM-Western Dec14th

weberwildcat1

I realize this game should be a guarenteed win but we did beat div II FL in OT and lost to div II CS-San Bernardino.

UM-Western lost at USU 77-58 but the Aggies turned it over 18 times.

Turnovers are killing us so far. We had 25 TO's against San Fran and they scored 27 points on those turnovers.

We lost by 2 and they scored 27 on turnovers...yikes! That is almost half of their points for the entire game!!!

GAME NOTES:

UMW has only one player (Dovydas Retkus) taller than 6-foot-6 ... WSU is averaging 18.62 turnovers per game while forcing only 13.62

Should be a good fun game to watch as a WSU fan. Weber is hungry for a victory and I'm sure they will play hard the whole game.

I don't think we should have let UM-Western score 84 points. They are a division-II team and we should definetley not let them get that many points. We just need to stop turning the ball over.

I do not know if you have looked at the box score from lasts nights game, but the Good Guys only turned the ball over 9 times. That is very many turnovers for one game. I agree that WSU has had problems keeping a hold of the ball in the las couple of games, but last night was not one of those games.

84 points is not a bad score for a team that made 13 three balls, and 17 free throws. I mean that is 56 of thier 84 points.

McCoy played great last night, no one can say enough good things about that kid. He has a great interview at WSUBBALL.com that everyone should read. 19 points in 19 min, that is a good productive night.

Offensively, the team looked great. Weber can shoot the ball, but that isn't something we need to worry about. The defensive intensity was definitley missing, especially in the closing minuets of the game. As for Turnovers, I think Weber is finally turning the corner. Last night the team protected the ball very well, and they created a number of turnovers. The team is close to getting back to where they were last March.

hendu21 said:
I don't think we should have let UM-Western score 84 points. They are a division-II team and we should definetley not let them get that many points. We just need to stop turning the ball over.

Well its actually worse then if you were thinking we allowed 84 to a div II because UMW is actually NAIA.

As much as we should have schooled them, there really isn't a whole lot you can do when a team is good at 3 pt shooting, which is fairly common for DivII and lower teams...but we shouldn't need to shoot 3's, we should be exploiting there big men that stand no taller than 6'6".

DivI
DivII
DivIII
NAIA-non scholarship

I want to take the time and say sorry to Hendu, I did not realize that we had a young Wildcat in our mist, and I was a little harsh.

Latest posts

Back