• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WSU vs MSU

Weber is giving this game to the Bobcats right now basically have given them 13 free points. Gotta play smarter and better.

I have a hard time seeing Weber State win this one now. Special Teams is both the bright spot and the undoing today. The last punt should have never been attempted to be returned…gifted them the lead and the momentum. I think Bobcats win 14 plus now.

Terrible time for the long snapper to get the yips. Clean game there and Weber State could be three possessions up. Can’t play with so many unforced errors and expect to win.

Both teams showed some ugly today...Wildcats had better clean up the dropped passes & bad snaps or they are going to see a couple more losses ahead. Bobcats rule by a sliver, no style points awarded today.

Maybe this is what a slug fest looks like, but not impressed. :eek:hno:

Christmas came early for Montana State.

A dropped pass on the last drive, too. Fitting end to this game. I have never seen so many unforced errors. Still, much respect to the team for fighting through that and having a shot.

Record setting 4 long snap safeties. I think Weber State would obviously love another shot…and next time not spot them 22 points.

Better get the cobwebs cleaned out. They could easily drop the next two games.

I've never seen ANYTHING remotely close to that. WTH? Is that even possible 7 games into the season without doing it on purpose? Seriously, WTH?

Christmas came early for MSU. The dropped pass at the end was just the bow on the packaging.

A lot of things to clean up. My goodness. :rofl:

Played 2 of the worst quarters i think I have ever seen a Weber team play including 4 safeties and still almost won the stupid game. Dropped passes by some of our best receivers, a fumbled kick return right before halftime surrendered.

This was a team loss and the boys got some kinks to workout. But not all hope is lost and the season isnt over. We almost beat the #3 team in the nation on their turf while also playing like absolute crap. This game is a good game to learn from. So lets learn from it and move on.

Just got home.
What a wild game, both teams made huge mistakes, and amazing plays.
it was a Cat fight in the rain. I'm drained and probably wont have a voice tomorrow.
I am not sure we really deserve the win but we persevered in end.
I'm rooting for you the rest of the way and hoping we don't have to play you in the playoffs.

That long snapper deal is crazy, sure it felt like a kick in the nuts. All I can think is that the wet conditions made him shank those snaps.

BTW your team was great, didn't see any cheap shots or dirty play like we see from a few of the other BSC teams.

My own personal power poll hasn't changed, I still have WSU as the strongest team in the BSC.

Hoping we can heal up during the bye and get a few players back.

cats2506 said:
Just got home.
What a wild game, both teams made huge mistakes, and amazing plays.
it was a Cat fight in the rain. I'm drained and probably wont have a voice tomorrow.
I am not sure we really deserve the win but we persevered in end.
I'm rooting for you the rest of the way and hoping we don't have to play you in the playoffs.

That long snapper deal is crazy, sure it felt like a kick in the nuts. All I can think is that the wet conditions made him shank those snaps.

BTW your team was great, didn't see any cheap shots or dirty play like we see from a few of the other BSC teams.

My own personal power poll hasn't changed, I still have WSU as the strongest team in the BSC.

Hoping we can heal up during the bye and get a few players back.

Definitely feels like a kick in the nuts for the fans…so I can only imagine how the players feel. Not sure a punt return TD and a kickoff return TD happen every game, in addition to air launching four safeties on bad snaps, so team are closer matched than I first thought. I think Weber State has more talent, but execution is a big part of the game, and the Wildcats flat out have been awful. They were extremely fortunate to survive UCD. They needed a key turnover to offset the bad unforced fumble vs EWU. They have dropped too many passes and turned over the ball.

With the Too Big Sky, I don’t see a loss the rest of the way for MSU, but they could still end up sharing a title with Idaho or Sac State.

How do the Wildcats respond? They could either reel and drop the next two, or get this behind them and win both. It comes down to execution and taking care of the ball. They haven’t been able to fix that 7 games in, so not sure it gets figured out. I guess time will tell, but I’m thinking they might drop two of the rest of their slate.

Will Big Sky get 5 teams in playoffs? If Montana is the fifth team, you can stake your life on it, but I wouldn’t be too comfortable if another team, which mean Weber State better get at least one win out of the next two games.

All this said, it’s just a game, and I’m glad Coach Hill is the coach. Hoping the long snapper gets this behind him. We all have crappy days. All of Wildcats Nation will be there cheering him on to get back on track.

Weird game for sure, weather definitely played a part, but there was some crazy-ugly in the air/turf at times??! :eek:

Wildcats had fight in the end, after getting down three scores. Coach Hill gave reasonable, positive responses to the bad long snap aberrations, etc. No loss of confidence, learning from it all, moving forward to brighter games ahead, hopefully!

Fight on Wildcats!!, it's all still there - good coaches, strong talented players, a winning season!!

PS: Really liked the classy, cool look of those new white helmets. :thumb:

While both teams made plenty of mistakes, I really like good hard nosed football like these two teams play.

On the drive home the wife and I were talking about maybe going to the game in Ogden next year. We have never traveled to a BSC away game other than at the community college to the west of us.

I might be looking for some travel suggestions when the time comes.

I have no doubt that your team will respond well and win next weeks game. I think yo will win against SAC too.

cats2506 said:
While both teams made plenty of mistakes, I really like good hard nosed football like these two teams play.

On the drive home the wife and I were talking about maybe going to the game in Ogden next year. We have never traveled to a BSC away game other than at the community college to the west of us.

I might be looking for some travel suggestions when the time comes.

I have no doubt that your team will respond well and win next weeks game. I think yo will win against SAC too.

Happy to help out with recommendations when the time comes. I went to Bozeman in 94 with my dad on a fishing trip to Hebgen Lake, just visited campus one day, but driving thru the Gallatin was a little concerning with all the crosses on every curve there was a deadly crash.. I’m sure Bozeman has grown a bit since then. It’s a very nice campus and scenic place.

I’ll have to go up there again one day. I played club hockey with Weber State and played versus both Montana and Montana State. We played the Grizz in Missoula, but due to a scheduling conflict, played the Bobcats in Helena.

Looks like we are going to be doing this again, as of now the weather looks good, about 30°, low chance of precip or wind
Thought that WSU looked good yesterday, in the first half at least. Some really flukey stuff that let UND back into the game thought and Wildcats kind of went flat. You held on and got the win.

Bobcats are pretty healthy right One big addition will be Ryan Ortt, who didn't play in our first game, instead Baily had his first start at safety, Also Chambers is healthy now as is our OL. Our DL is dinged up some but I think all can play. Oh, Ifanse is back, their saying he is 100% and will use his redshirt this year and come back next year too.

I see that Davis is back but looks a little dinged up still.

This is a bad draw for both teams, we really shouldn't be seeing each other this early in the bracket, but it "is what it is" so lets get it on.

Anybody coming up to Bozeman? let us know at bobcatnation.com

I know the fans for both teams think it’s a bad draw, but I think the Wildcat coaches and players love that they get another shot at the Bobcats.

Yesterday’s game was extremely frustrating to watch as it should have been a no sweat win. The reality is, without the fluke TD it’s a comfortable two score win. It looked really ugly at times but we also held them to 4.2 yards per attempt and, excluding the fluke TD, 140 yards rushing. Half of those rushing yards came on one play. We ran for 330 yards and didn’t turn the ball over (although Barron sure did try). There was a lot of good things in yesterday’s game that got overshadowed by the tight finish.

I think what we also saw is a very young team that has struggled to play clean football all year. At this point in the playoffs you have to play clean football if you want to advance, but I’m not sure we’re going to suddenly change our stripes after 12 games.

We’re going to have to find a way to slow down the Bobcat run game. No FCS team has done it yet it yet but I know Jay Hill will have a great game plan.

Wildcats totally dominated by MSU. A couple of scores at end make it look respectable, but it wasn’t. MSU has a great rushing game, but Weber State had no answers in a rematch. Defense digressed when offense improved this season.

Still, a great season. I honestly thought at the beginning of the season, they could go 5-6 or 6-5 based off the previous offense and the tough schedule. Instead the Wildcats got ten wins and are a top ten team. Also a big win vs Utah State. Lots to be proud about, but lots of improvement to be made if they want to win an FCS championship.

Good luck to MSU. They have a great chance at winning it all this year.

Now it’s basketball season. Meh.

I'm still pissed that this game was in the first round. It definitely should have been at least a quarterfinals game.

This game is what I thought it would be, a physical slugfest between to well coached teams. I have nothing but respect for you team and coaching staff.

Tough end to a great season. This was the only game where Weber was clearly outplayed.

10 wins. FBS win over USU. Top 10 team. Overall, great year for a young team. Congratulations on a great year.

Latest posts

Back