• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WSU vs MSU

AlumniWSU

Cat fight in Bozeman...may the best Cat team win...hope it's the "WILD" CAT side. Should be a fun contest of who rules among the Cats at the top of the BSC.!! :thumb:

Its going to be a tough one for sure. I have been looking at WSU as THE team to beat this year. Glad it is in Bozeman.
I'm worried about some of our injuries but am sure you have your own injury concerns, its that point in the season. Weather for now sounds good, I dont think that bad weather would be favorable to either team.

All I can say is that whichever team loses this one has to give um another loss. :thumb:

cats2506 said:

All I can say is that whichever team loses this one has to give um another loss. :thumb:

How about despite the outcome of this one we both give UM another loss? After Weber, I'm rooting for the Bobs. The best way for this to play out-- in addition to both Weber and the Bobs giving UM another loss-- would be Weber upsetting the Bobs ;-) ; UM upsetting SAC; and SAC knocking off UI. The Vandals are legit and have an easy out, aside from SAC. Hopefully the 'Cats are at the top when the dust settles.

I don't see the Gristlies beating Sac at Sac.

EwEm has a good team, but they have a brutal schedule over the next few weeks. It's likely that they finish 8-3 or 7-4. They are going to make the playoffs, but a seed is not as likely. MSU has it a bit better. UI could end up in the top three with their schedule. It is looking quite good for the BSC to get 5 teams in.

Weber has three tough games ahead, but two are at home, that helps a little. UM has three tough games ahead and all of them are on the road. UM could land in 5th place and play their playoff game/s on the road. We will see how they respond to the loss to UI. Sac has UM and UI at home and Weber at our place. They finish with Davis at their place. MSU has Weber and UM at home. UI has Sac on the road, but the rest of the schedule is favorable. They look to have the easiest path.

Don't anybody take a nap. :coffee:

The rest of the league doesn't seem to have a legitimate path to the playoffs. :cry:

cats2506 said:
Its going to be a tough one for sure. I have been looking at WSU as THE team to beat this year. Glad it is in Bozeman.
I'm worried about some of our injuries but am sure you have your own injury concerns, its that point in the season. Weather for now sounds good, I dont think that bad weather would be favorable to either team.

Can you elaborate on the injuries? I haven’t been able to catch much of the Bobcats this year. I see Mellott is back. I know RB is snake bitten as well.

It states TV coverage as MTN/KJZZ/ESPN+. Anyone: Is the 'MTN' TV coverage in Montana only?

(Just wondering, I'll be watching on KJZZ) :coffee:

The Dan said:
cats2506 said:

Can you elaborate on the injuries? I haven’t been able to catch much of the Bobcats this year. I see Mellott is back. I know RB is snake bitten as well.

Had 2 OL go down against UNC, one wont be back, they other will probably be a couple of weeks, the next ones up for those 2 spots both have playing time already and we will probably be ok, but the next guy up at OT after them is a true freshman. Still have a replacement guard and center available though.

We lost one of our safety's at ISU for the year, hoping Ort can go this week as we are getting thin at that position.

We now have 3 RB's (who hoo) , we played some games with only one and subbed in anybody that had ever carried the ball.

I think Both QB's are good to go, receivers and TE's still seem healthy.

The defensive front looks good too, Grebe ( best DE) should be well rested since got called targeting (horrible call) early in the UNC game. We have been generally rotating 8-10 on DL (4 positions) and 3 LB's (2 positions) those all seem to be healthy.

AlumniWSU said:
It states TV coverage as MTN/KJZZ/ESPN+. Anyone: Is the 'MTN' TV coverage in Montana only?

(Just wondering, I'll be watching on KJZZ) :coffee:

MTN is part of the Scripps network in Montana.
Billings, Great Falls, Helena and Missoula

oldrunner said:

EwEm has a good team, but they have a brutal schedule over the next few weeks. It's likely that they finish 8-3 or 7-4. They are going to make the playoffs, but a seed is not as likely. MSU has it a bit better. UI could end up in the top three with their schedule. It is looking quite good for the BSC to get 5 teams in.

Weber has three tough games ahead, but two are at home, that helps a little. UM has three tough games ahead and all of them are on the road. UM could land in 5th place and play their playoff game/s on the road. We will see how they respond to the loss to UI. Sac has UM and UI at home and Weber at our place. They finish with Davis at their place. MSU has Weber and UM at home. UI has Sac on the road, but the rest of the schedule is favorable. They look to have the easiest path.

The rest of the league doesn't seem to have a legitimate path to the playoffs. :cry:

if Davis wind out (including @UI and @SAC) they could make it to 7 D1 wins but I don't think they will. EWU is dead.

I really think the BSC comes down to WSU, MSU and SAC. MSU has the easiest remaining schedule.

Winner of the WSU / MSU game is most likely the BSC champ. Sac will trip up against one or more of the more physical teams (um, UI or WSU)

cats2506 said:
oldrunner said:

if Davis wind out (including @UI and @SAC) they could make it to 7 D1 wins but I don't think they will. EWU is dead.

I really think the BSC comes down to WSU, MSU and SAC. MSU has the easiest remaining schedule.

Winner of the WSU / MSU game is most likely the BSC champ. Sac will trip up against one or more of the more physical teams (um, UI or WSU)

I changed my mind on the UM @ Sac game. I think Sac might fold against a good D.

Weber is a 6.5 point favorite on 5 Dimes. I was guessing MSU would be favored by 3-7 points.

Weber has covered every game this year and has done so by an average of 14 points (thanks to the USU and Portland games primarily) so I guess it shouldn’t be totally shocking that the books hung that number. We’re also a lot healthier than MSU.

It seems like the road team has had more success as of late in this series…much to the displeasure of the home fans. Hope the trend continues this year. Expect a very hard fought game that could go either way. Really wish Hadley didn’t get hurt last week…that could create an issue on punt returns.

Chex said:
It seems like the road team has had more success as of late in this series…much to the displeasure of the home fans. Hope the trend continues this year. Expect a very hard fought game that could go either way. Really wish Hadley didn’t get hurt last week…that could create an issue on punt returns.
I'm concerned for Haze and hope he mends as quickly as possible. I'm not concerned for the punt return team. Sure, Haze had proved out to be the best option through the spring and summer. That doesn't mean we have nobody else to do the job. Next man up, and maybe a star will be born. For that job you need to be fearless, have good hands to not fumble, and good judgement. It helps if you are quick and fast, but that is secondary to those first things. Someone is about to rise up and surprise everybody. Write it down.

Big and loud crowds on the road are great for us. Our guys feed off of that. It gets their juices flowing. Like at USU, that crowd helped us do what we did. And it was sweet music when they went silent and started filing out. I expect a well played, hard fought game. We will be prepared for them and they will be prepared for us. I'm sure that the guys live for this sort of game. :coffee:

The revenge tour continues.

Go get em WILDcats

Also Weber will be wearing something they haven't worn in a long time.

Insiders view of the Weber locker room this morning *only got o-line pov*: “D-line looks like the best line all year, so far, their D looks great.”

Just hearing that tells me Weber taking this game seriously.

Yeah, just a great attitude for being undefeated. Taking nothing for granted.

Latest posts

Back