• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Wk 5 Prediction thread Idaho

LDopaPDX said:
ewueagle2010 said:
eaglesfootball said:
I think 42-28 is the closest we'll get in this game. More talent for Idaho on both sides of the ball. I still dont understand how we've regressed so much in 2 years.

Last year, yes. It was a massive regression with lack of talent everywhere. This year, I don't see how that's an accurate statement.

Above average QB who's only started 5 college games
Above average WR group, second to maybe only Idaho in the Big Sky
Above average O line
Serviceable RBs with potential to be very good (only a sophomore & junior)

Vastly improved defense with several transfers in the front 7 who are light years better than what was fielded last season
At least average, if not trending above average secondary

They will be tested big time this weekend. May even see a comfortable Idaho win but I think this roster is currently a playoff team.

I'm going 38-28 Vandals. And I hope I'm wrong.

In modern college $ athletics, you can completely flip a team in a year. There are no long-term projects anymore. Eastern hit the portal and did well. We certainly brought in a LOT more talent than we lost.

I don’t know if we’re good enough to beat Idaho, but we can if we play tight defensively, stop the run, and make some big plays on offense. I don’t feel like we can win a grinder, we need some explosive plays and no turnovers. Idaho is good, but far from unbeatable.

I’d make Idaho about a TD favorite, but I don’t think they’re anywhere near as good as the Fresno team we nearly beat.

I don't think they are, either. That said, Fresno St. is also certainly a superior team to NDSU and I actually felt like we'd matchup much better against them than we did the Bson. It'll be interesting to see how the receiving corps matchup with the secondaries in the pass game because I feel like both teams have pretty solid defensive lines and linebacker groups.

Latest posts

Back