• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Why Can’t We Recruit a QB?

CrazyJ

How is a perennial Big Sky league champion not able to recruit a QB that isn’t high school level?

Weisser can’t hit the mid range throw. He just can’t.

We had EVERYTHING to compete with Utah, we didn’t even need a great QB showing, just an average FCS QB.

We don’t have it and it is absolutely exasperating!

Not sure why either. During the Arslanian years, Weber State always has great QBs…just weak defenses. I think during Hill’s tenure, Cantwell was the only strong QB. The rest are just serviceable/mediocre at best. Any good to great QB, and the Wildcats could already have title under their belts with a strong shot at the title this year.

Weisser is a really good guy. He works hard and puts in the time. So far this year, it just hasn't translated to the field. Maybe this week we see him take that next step. He did great when the guy in front of him went down a few years back and in last years playoff game. I keep expecting to see that guy on the field. So far, he continues to miss on easy passes and has struggled with accuracy. Granted, good WRs help make QBs look better. Our WR play has been somewhat sloppy. That puts a lot of pressure on the QB. The WRs seem to struggle running simple routes. This is college. You can't just beat a guy with speed. If we only want to use speed, put Ab in on offense and give him a post. He is an immediate deep threat option and very few guys can stay up with him once he gets going.

Regardless, we desperately need our offense to show up and be two-dimensional. Gotta get the passing game going.

FWIW, Bronson Baron is 3rd string at Western Kentucky. He has played in 1 game and has 1 interception and 0 completions.
Would we be better off with him here?

The transfer portal not working out for him…
Weisser not getting it done either.

Play a backup already!

I feel that we have recruited some really good prospects. We have three 3* QBs on the bench. Sure, they are just freshmen, but they seem to be quite talented. I'm hoping that some of them can get a little game experience over the rest of the season. They can play in 4 games and still keep their RS year intact. We do need to start thinking about getting guys ready for the future of the program.

I still think that our current QB1 can clean up and improve. However, he should be hitting his potential this year, while our freshmen QBs have high cielings.

I don't think it is time to panic just yet. There is a lot of the season yet to play. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back