• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

What if Bill Schonely joined Tom Hewitt?

5thAvenueVik

I don't know if Schonely would have enough stamina at his age to be a color commentator, or a play-by-play announcer or even if he likes football or Portland State University. What would it be like if the two of them joined together to announce Viking games? Keep Mike Lund as a third.

The Schon is a Portland institution. If he were to join and the school played it up, it would be an instant boost for the program.

an instant boost for the program and a huge step back for all the fans. The schonz is not the same guy he was years ago. His portland beavers broadcasts a few years back actually made the game harder to follow.

psublog said:
an instant boost for the program and a huge step back for all the fans. The schonz is not the same guy he was years ago. His portland beavers broadcasts a few years back actually made the game harder to follow.

Agreed. It's hard enough to listen to the downfall of Dave Niehaus for M's games. Schonely is too far past any sort of prime...

ok I hadn't realized he had deteriorated so much. It has been many years since I moved, and he had only recently retired from the Blazers

Latest posts

Back