• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Week 1 Big Sky Rankings

talhadfoursteals

1. Montana -- Griz beat up on a bad team. Like they should have.
2. Idaho -- Shockingly came close to beating the worst P5 team, but Wazzu is still P5.
3. Montana State -- Good, strong OOC win over McNeese.
4. Portland State -- Should have left San Jose with the W. SJSU is terrible, but still any win over an FBS is a huge feat (Weber is still trying to get another one after almost 30 years).
5. Weber State -- Ho hum W over DII Western Oregon.
6. Eastern Washington -- Lucky to be 1-0.
7. UC Davis -- Decent outing against Cal
8. Northern Arizona -- Who knows
9. Cal Poly -- Fresno might be the team to beat in the MW. BUT, the game wasn't close.
10. Northern Colorado -- decent try against Houston Baptist. Could be better than this ranking, but the cubbies are still 0-1.
11. Idaho State -- Showed us nothing against UNLV

N.OgdenCat said:
1. Montana -- Griz beat up on a bad team. Like they should have.
2. Idaho -- Shockingly came close to beating the worst P5 team, but Wazzu is still P5.
3. Montana State -- Good, strong OOC win over McNeese.
4. Portland State -- Should have left San Jose with the W. SJSU is terrible, but still any win over an FBS is a huge feat (Weber is still trying to get another one after almost 30 years).
5. Weber State -- Ho hum W over DII Western Oregon.
6. Eastern Washington -- Lucky to be 1-0.
7. UC Davis -- Decent outing against Cal
8. Northern Arizona -- Who knows
9. Cal Poly -- Fresno might be the team to beat in the MW. BUT, the game wasn't close.
10. Northern Colorado -- decent try against Houston Baptist. Could be better than this ranking, but the cubbies are still 0-1.
11. Idaho State -- Showed us nothing against UNLV

I think that is about what I’d rate Weber State after week 1. Really impressed with Idaho. They played tough. That’s an interesting matchup with those Universities given how close they are.

I’m sure SJSU is probably towards the bottom of the MWC, but it still is an FCS team almost knocking off an FBS team…so Portland State looks like a tough road trip.

The Wildcats jumped to #16 in the rankings, so the schedule change didn’t hurt. As for Saturday, it all hinges on the offense again. I think teams are going to stack against the run and make the passing game beat them before they play the D more honest. Between Barron and the O-line, I’m not seeing the passing game constantly putting long drives or points on the board. I can see some interceptions as well. They are going to have to figure it out, or the game plan by other teams won’t change.

I think our D is good, but even a good D can only last so long if they are on the field all day. Sticking with my 38-10 in favor of USU. The Wildcats will need some turnovers and improved offense to have a chance at the upset. Hoping for the upset!

Go Wildcats!

Latest posts

Back