• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Weber State at EWU

Chex

It will be an interesting game. I’m hoping to see some improvement from the offense and a better first half overall.

It will hinge on if running game game can produce. I still think a win is not too likely. EWU 35 Weber State 20.

Chex said:
It will be an interesting game. I’m hoping to see some improvement from the offense and a better first half overall.

It will hinge on if running game game can produce. I still think a win is not too likely. EWU 35 Weber State 20.
This is certainly a game we could win. However, things would have to improve in several aspects of our game. I don't feel that our O-line can run block at anywhere near the level needed for our running game to show improvement. They are big, but they are soft and slow. That won't change over night. QB and recievers are inexperienced and prone to make mistakes. That may improve from the last game, but will it be enough?

Our defense has been inconsistent at best. They have not played a lot of complete games this year. Once again, we need better play in the trenches. Our secondary is okay, but just.

I would think that all of our remaining games should be played with the thought of evaluating guys for the future.

At this point, I don't care much about winning or losing. I just want to see something that gives me hope for next year. I'm not saying that I have written off any of the upperclassmen, I hope they do as well as they can. I just don't expect much out of them. They have given what they have got. :coffee:

Start of 4th qtr.

Wow! What a difference a QB makes! Not keeping stats but that HAS to be the most we’ve thrown downfield this season.

I like this kid’s competitiveness. Runs it in too.

Where’s Abe?

I expected the offense to show some improvement vs EWU’s defense….and they did. Munoz is making some strides. Still need to punch in TDs instead of FGs in the red zone. Defense came out awful on opening drive and then settled and slowed the EWU offense most of the game…couldn’t make the big stop when needed and sure didn’t hold the 20-17 lead long. Tough to see the team not make the big plays in clutch. It’s literally what separates 3 wins from losses (NAU, UC Davis, and EWU). Mental is going to have to work on the culture to make those plays or bring in a sports psychologist or something.

They have to fill some holes this offseason as well. As close as it seems this team is with other teams, it’s definitely a bigger gap. Looks like Munoz is playing the rest of the way, but I would sit him one game so he doesn’t waste a year on five games. Moral victories suck when real victories were real for the program…10 plus wins to 3-4. Oh well.

If our D turns them over a time or two, that is a much different game. What I like about this game is some of our younger players stepping up and showing their potential. I think we are a few peices away from being a completely different team next year.

I'm encouraged.

We certainly need more depth and talent along both lines, and we need a bit more in the secondary. Injuries have slowed us down a bit this year and that is an indication that more depth is needed. I know that we have some talented guys sitting out either injured or red shirting, so that gives me some hope. We will certainly need anouther good recruiting year.

Also, I still think it would be a great idea for coach Mental to hire an offensive coordinator. He can still be the final say, but he needs some better perspective that can come from another offensive mind. IMHO :coffee:

I have seen enough of Mental the team has no leadership or discipline. I feel bad for the upperclassmen that is used to having a good coach that will get on his players for making dumb mistakes and personal fouls Mental doesn't say a word it is awful and the players know there is no accountability or punishment. Mental offense is bad his play calling is repetitive and unimaginative the same plays over and over again with the same bad result at least he finally made a QB change. I like Weisser as a person but unfortunately he just isn't the QB for this team. I have had season seats for years since Mcbride but if Mental stays I don't think I will renew them I can't support another Jody Sears situation and that is what we have now in my opinion

Latest posts

Back