• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

We Broke Davis: Now It’s Character & Coaching

CrazyJ

Davis’ season was last week. They played a helluva game and beating Weber, after the USU win, was their best shot.

We broke them.

It showed.

Everyone is going to be on their best for Weber from here on out.

This is the part of the season where we prove ourselves. Forget USU.

EWU may have something in their tank for us and coming off a bye can be a negative, often is.

Coaching and character is the next test.

If we survive until Montana- win out- then it’s probably the best team Weber has fielded.

Going to the Montana game. Believe it will be the biggest FCS game of the season…. if character and coaching holds, we win.

Honestly, Weber State can’t look ahead past any game. The offense, though improved, can’t put any BSC team away. I think EWU is going to be a very difficult game, then the next week is at Portland State who beat Weber State in Ogden. Then it will be the murderer’s row of @MSU, Montana, and Sac State. Then Idaho State and at at NAU are games they can drop if they don’t perform up to par.

I think Montana State showed they are dang good yesterday and made UC Davis look terrible on defense. Weber State had to fight and scratch to get 17 points. I definitely think Weber State will be the underdog in that matchup in Bozeman…but again, EWU is plenty to worry about…always a game until the very end. A 4-0 start is very impressive, but doesn’t matter to any team that lines up against them.

Chex said:
Honestly, Weber State can’t look ahead past any game. The offense, though improved, can’t put any BSC team away. I think EWU is going to be a very difficult game, then the next week is at Portland State who beat Weber State in Ogden. Then it will be the murderer’s row of @MSU, Montana, and Sac State. Then Idaho State and at at NAU are games they can drop if they don’t perform up to par.

I think Montana State showed they are dang good yesterday and made UC Davis look terrible on defense. Weber State had to fight and scratch to get 17 points. I definitely think Weber State will be the underdog in that matchup in Bozeman…but again, EWU is plenty to worry about…always a game until the very end. A 4-0 start is very impressive, but doesn’t matter to any team that lines up against them.

I think we agree here. Like I wrote, every team is going to bring their best so looking past any opponent is idiotic. But since I’m not playing, I can conjecture out.

And definitely agree we will be an underdog, in Bozeman. Man, I HATE MSU! They kicked our ass on the way to a national championship. My roommate blew his knee so badly, he never played again.

I’ll never forget running on the field, while he was laying there, begging me to put his knee back in place. His lower leg looked detached and I took one look, then puked.

CrazyJ said:
Chex said:

I think we agree here. Like I wrote, every team is going to bring their best so looking past any opponent is idiotic. But since I’m not playing, I can conjecture out.

And definitely agree we will be an underdog, in Bozeman. Man, I HATE MSU! They kicked our ass on the way to a national championship. My roommate blew his knee so badly, he never played again.

I’ll never forget running on the field, while he was laying there, begging me to put his knee back in place. His lower leg looked detached and I took one look, then puked.

That is a horrific injury! Sorry you had to witness it and your teammate went through it. When I played hockey at Weber State, I had a bad stomach flu and wasn’t dressed to play (obviously) and was in the locker room lying on a bench when a teammate came in from the game with a separated shoulder. His dad had him bite down a towel and shoved it back in while he screamed…that was enough to send me throwing up again. I was extremely fortunate never to be injured bad enough to be taken off the ice. I had a few concussions, but played through them (no protocols back then).

The good thing Weber State has going vs MSU is that it seems like the road team prevails more times than not.

I honestly think the next two games are the make or break games for the Wildcats because as tough as their schedule is, they really need wins. Losing a game or two to top 10 teams shouldn’t hurt, too much for playoff aspirations, but dropping one of their two games will put more pressure to win two or have to win all three.

It will be interesting to see how they do vs EWU after surviving UC Davis with 3 turnovers. I’m hoping to see them play a sharp game.

My feelings are that our D matches up very, very well with EWU's O. It has always been that way in the Jay Hill era. I do agree that we can not look past anyone, just look at how ISU played against UM yesterday. For the EWU game we need to take care of the ball on O and turn them over on D. I think we can do both of those things. The TOs we had against Davis were out of the ordinary for us. That will get corrected.

EWU may come into this game a little shell shocked. That is a long ways to travel to get your butt handed to you in a nice Gator skin bag.

I'm hoping for a large and loud homecoming crowd.

Latest posts

Back