• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WAKE UP BILL EVANS!

Does anyone know why Chidi Udengwu #4 isn't playing? That kid can play basketball, play defense and get boards......My guess is he must have swore in practice and is now on Bill's shit list. It's got to be frustrating for these bench players who can change the flow of the game, get fewer and fewer minutes on the court. It's Sad to see this happen......when most of the bench players come in and give 110% (Chivichyan #25, Walker #22, Dowd #3 and Udengwu #4)
You starting five should be Boyd, Mocsan, Chivichyan, Walker and Jones. Try it Bill......and pound it inside or play an inside out game rather than a perimeter high pick and sorta roll offense.....you should know what that offense gives you..... a one and done result.
Bill, you have good players....but you have to keep them on the floor when they are hot, not sub them because the scoreclock says it's time......

Madison Guernsey mention last night on twitter that Chidi may have academic issues to clear up before returning to action.

Smallest crowd to watch a Montana game in the last 25 years, if not ever.

At least O'Brien could beat Montana. And more than once. Evans has never beaten them.

Another guaranteed regular season losing record.

No winning season in conference play.

Currently in 10th place out of 11.

Again all this talk about Evans he has yet to take a shot, lets start holding the players accountable. None of our players have been playing consistently this entire season. Lets look at the starting five how any of them have averaged in double digits in scoring or rebounding, once you get pass the starting five who has been consistent off the bench NO ONE. Yes its the coaches job to put the team in the best position to win but there's an OLD saying " YOU CANT MAKE CHICKEN SALAD OUT OF CHICKEN SHIT". Now I'm not saying this is a bad team or that these young men can't play the game, what I'm saying is these young men need to show a little more fight I've had enough of this roll-over basketball. When will this team start acting like losing bothers them.

I think Evans lost this team as he has lost past teams. Players probably realize he is retiring no matter what now. I was hoping they would send Him out with a bang not a whimper. GO BENGALS

These players should be playing for names on the front of the jersey, not the names on the back not the coaching staff. They worked so hard playing in youth leagues playing in high school to get to this D1 level this is what don't understand.

Has anyone heard Amorrow Morgan’s name if they let Bill Evans go? Great player for the Bengals and I think he would recruit at a high level. He would be a home run hire. Anyone’s thoughts?

Will what's the feeling about the two remaining games this week and the Big Sky Tournament ? Lets hear what everyone has to say, the team played well against Weber.

I've never seen such poor coaching than Thursday night against EWU. 15 three pointers and you stay in a Zone.......
Let's also play with the kid's heads by either not starting them, or giving a freshman more minutes and getting the same result, a mediocre defender who doesn't score. Bill, I wish when you pace up and down the sideline you would just continue out the gym door and go home.....You Are PATHETIC!
A team's success starts with good coaching. You have the players, but you just don'tknow how to coach. SAD!

Wow Bill......you finally realized that by changing your defense from a Zone to a Man, you actually won a game....Bravo.....maybe you finally read my posts for the past two months and it sunk in!
Way to get the win tonight! Unfortunately, it will probably be your last.

I just want to say a word about Coach Evans. I know he's not real popular on this blog but I think he deserves a fair look at what he' s done with what he has here at Idaho State. ISU is a very difficult D1 coaching job. The recruiting base has challenges in that SE Idaho is small and Boise State, BYU, Utah State,etc recruit out of the area. There is a major lack of facilities at ISU- they desperately need an new arena. It is hard to bring recruits on to campus and not have a home for basketball. There are some times on game day when only the visiting team can shoot around in Holt or Reed because there is no gym time for our own team! ISU also has to play money games each year which also makes the job tough. Under Coach Evans, ISU has a high graduation rate. He recruits good kids who stay out of trouble with the law. He has recruited local players as well. Just two years ago he was the "Big Sky Coach of the Year". He has beaten Weber State each of the last three years and this year had a win at Boise State! With what he's been given to work with, I feel he has done a great job. Remember, if we let him go we may just be out there looking for another "Coach Evans". He's a principled man that tries to win the right way without cheating. He is committed to Idaho State, his players and fans.

I agree 100%, as a parent I believe Coach Evans has done a good job with what he has to work with. I also believe he deserves the opportunity to coach this returning team, we have our starting five coming back along with the first three players off the bench. Before any coaching changes are made I think the players should have a voice in the decision. All of these players have been recruit by coach Evans and they are entering their senior season I'm sure they don't want to be part of a rebuilding program.

Evans is history he`s terrible perhaps the worst in D.1 history. Evans should apologize and repay I.S.U. his salary.

Yeah don't let the door hit you on the way out Bill. And if players from a 10th place team don't want to play for a new coach, oh well. That's 10th out of 11 teams, in case you forgot.

Last 3 coaches have been from below average to poor. Oliver was a clueless Irv Cross hire, and though he brought some good local players into the program, he also brought a lot of riff raff. O'Brien was Bubb's college chum and he came from a JC placement program. No clue about recruiting. Shoulda seen the signs when he brought his son from that JC on scholarship, and the best player from that team went to MSU. People who say these guys were good coaches are clueless. Oliver went back to Stanford, and when Trent Johnson left, he didn't take Oliver. Oliver tried for the Stanford job and they were like, ah, no thanks. He ended up becoming the head coach of the womens team at UC Irvine. Great facilities. Great location. Lots of recruits. You know, the things people say are the reason coaches can't get it done here. Oliver lasted 4 season, went 38-87, and won only 4 games his last year. Just because you're hired as a head coach doesn't mean you're a good one. Bill backdoored himself into the SUU head job because the coach he was assisting was arrested for shoplifting. He had a couple of good season in a league which at first was all d1 transitionals, then in the mid-con which was the island of misfit toys league. He still had an overall losing record there. Stubborn ass who plays favorites, biases, and has the charisma of a rock. He lost the team a long time ago. You could tell from the blowouts at home to Sac, NAU, EWU, and almost Idaho. Only reason they barely beat Idaho is because of Sam. He played him because of senior night, and Sam brought a spark and lifted up some of the players. ISU isn't an easy job but there are problems which other schools have as well. Ask Alonzo about the practice situation at Kent State. They just raised a million bucks to build a practice facility because even though they have an okay arena, volleyball and mens and womens basketball sometimes couldn't practice because of other stuff going on. They sometimes had to go to local high schools to practice, if they could. Kent State has won 20 games almost every year for lots of years.

Bill and his program are bleeding fans and support. New AD needs to cater to all fans and quit with the geriatric favoritism. Quite putting the students in kids seats behind the baskets in Reed. No team is selling out so put them in seats courtside. Put them courtside in Holt.

To the people bashing me in private messages, that's fine. But my last name doesn't begin with an H or a C. So yeah.

Also, thanks for this pic. How do you attract an 18, 19, or 20 year old kid when this is the kind of example of the image that ISU athletics is selling and projecting.

voudet.jpg

Golden girls meets grumpy old men. Old men with one looking like he's picking his nose, another sucking his finger, and another looking as clueless as ever.

This is starting to get on my nerves. What is the point of a forum, if the moderator is not going to accept new posts and headlines.

I posted that I think Evans should be fired, or not have his contract extended. ISU needs a new direction, a new coach. And the new AD needs to act quick so they can find the appropriate coach.

MSU did it, and they have a 7 person committee to find a new coach—

I also mentioned it would be dertrimental to the start of AD career if she does not move towards this path. Is my opinion wrong? Is it bad to say? No... let the community speak, and have our voices heard.

Isustudent1122 said:
This is starting to get on my nerves. What is the point of a forum, if the moderator is not going to accept new posts and headlines.

I posted that I think Evans should be fired, or not have his contract extended. ISU needs a new direction, a new coach. And the new AD needs to act quick so they can find the appropriate coach.

MSU did it, and they have a 7 person committee to find a new coach—

I also mentioned it would be dertrimental to the start of AD career if she does not move towards this path. Is my opinion wrong? Is it bad to say? No... let the community speak, and have our voices heard.

Go to the other board, he won't censor you.

But yeah, I'm more disgusted that Bill hasn't offered his resignation or announced retirement at this point. He's making somebody else be the villain.

What’s the other board?

Also, I agree. The ship has sailed. The man is 72. It’s frankly selfish of him, but he won’t do it. The new AD MUST DO IT.

Latest posts

Back