• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UC Davis Athletics Budget Issue

Pounder

In some ways, this is a fascinating read about what Davis has been doing for a few decades… before they undid it. Because of the undoing, there’s a student push to eliminate the athletic fees students pay.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/news/local/showdown-looms-on-use-of-student-fees-to-fund-uc-davis-athletics/

(Some have said there’s a paywall, but I didn’t encounter it)

I was contemplating a thread called “Malaise” or something similar. It would be born of complaints about attendance… at Weber. Not to mention EWU. Or that Idaho State never sells out anything, or the lack of press coverage in Greeley for Northern Colorado, or Idaho’s issues, or SUU leaving the conference, or Sac State having a bleacher creature football stadium and a gym that isn’t even the envy of D3 schools, and has anyone heard from Northern Arizona in the last 5 years?

I tend to think that, this conference being at the margins of D-1 in the first place, it’s the indicator species for whatever issue might befall the broader spectrum of college sports. And what I see at Davis sounds like something we’ll see more of, not less.

Pounder said:
In some ways, this is a fascinating read about what Davis has been doing for a few decades… before they undid it. Because of the undoing, there’s a student push to eliminate the athletic fees students pay.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/news/local/showdown-looms-on-use-of-student-fees-to-fund-uc-davis-athletics/

(Some have said there’s a paywall, but I didn’t encounter it)

I was contemplating a thread called “Malaise” or something similar. It would be born of complaints about attendance… at Weber. Not to mention EWU. Or that Idaho State never sells out anything, or the lack of press coverage in Greeley for Northern Colorado, or Idaho’s issues, or SUU leaving the conference, or Sac State having a bleacher creature football stadium and a gym that isn’t even the envy of D3 schools, and has anyone heard from Northern Arizona in the last 5 years?

I tend to think that, this conference being at the margins of D-1 in the first place, it’s the indicator species for whatever issue might befall the broader spectrum of college sports. And what I see at Davis sounds like something we’ll see more of, not less.

An excellent read and I think your conclusion is right on.

Latest posts

Back