• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Transfer portal time

Transfer portal madness kicks for EWU with a trio of familiar wide receivers.

Anthony Stell has entered the portal, per his Twitter page.

Jakobie Keeney-James
has entered the portal, per his Twitter page.

Efton Chism is reportedly considering the portal. https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status...a major way if he stayed in Cheney this year.

Yep. Sucks. Stell and James were Seniors this year so it was presumed that they'd be gone either way. Chism, on the other hand, is an unfortunate loss if he decides to depart.

Honestly I don't blame anyone who transfers at all. They were probably recruited to be part of a team that would compete for championships and deep playoff runs. Now we've had two back to back losing seasons and no word on coaching changes. If you can't fire a DC that has basically committed football malpractice the last two seasons then you need to be gone yourself. Seems Best doesn't know wtf he is doing and has probably lost the locker room.

But it is odd the website lists two of them as seniors but they have eligibility left? Seems like all the big catches were from Ulm, Chism and Gobel anyway.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
Honestly I don't blame anyone who transfers at all. They were probably recruited to be part of a team that would compete for championships and deep playoff runs. Now we've had two back to back losing seasons and no word on coaching changes. If you can't fire a DC that has basically committed football malpractice the last two seasons then you need to be gone yourself. Seems Best doesn't know wtf he is doing and has probably lost the locker room.

But it is odd the website lists two of them as seniors but they have eligibility left? Seems like all the big catches were from Ulm, Chism and Gobel anyway.
At this point I don't blame them either.
With the covid extra year some school mark them as grad transfers/students others just put them as seniors it's so confusing as to what years they are I can't wait till we get out of this window so we are back to simply having red and white shirt years. Some of these guys have been her what seems like a decade - looking at you Magnuson - who EWU has listed as a SUPER SENIOR on the hoops team...that makes me laugh!

E-Wu Tang Clan said:

Once again you blame the DC when Chism is a WR. You’ve got to see the big picture, you made excuses for the lack of productivity on offense “bad play calling”. Why not fire the OC? The offense looked just as bad as the defense in 2023. A top WR transferring is not on the defense, had the QB gave Chism all he could handle he (probably) wouldn’t go anywhere. I didn’t see top tier WR transferring when Eastern had quality Qb play. Kekoa, and the offense doesn’t get a pass, they looked like garbage too.

HeavyIsTheCrown said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:

Once again you blame the DC when Chism is a WR. You’ve got to see the big picture, you made excuses for the lack of productivity on offense “bad play calling”. Why not fire the OC? The offense looked just as bad as the defense in 2023. A top WR transferring is not on the defense, had the QB gave Chism all he could handle he (probably) wouldn’t go anywhere. I didn’t see top tier WR transferring when Eastern had quality Qb play. Kekoa, and the offense doesn’t get a pass, they looked like garbage too.

"The offense looked just as bad as the defense in 2023."

Look I get it, numbers, statistics, maybe reality may not be your thing but saying this is just so incredibly wrong. I'm not even going to go into it. I literally showed you how Kekoa is 1st in several areas in the Big Sky, if you don't want to believe them, fine, just stop bothering me with nonsense you have no proof for.

"Once again you blame the DC when Chism is a WR."

You don't seem to fucking understand this is a TEAM sport. When one half the team is doing shitty its going to affect the other half. A shitty defense will keep the WHOLE TEAM out of the playoffs including Chism.

"Why not fire the OC?"

I've pointed this out several times but since you have such low reading comprehension I'll point it out again. He is being hamstrung by the head coach that is obsessed with being "balanced" and being 23rd in total offense in the FCS doesn't warrant being fired, being 116th in total defense does. Let me break this down in a way you can understand 23rd GOOD, 116th BAD, again, 23rd GOOD, 116th BAD.

"had the QB gave Chism all he could handle he (probably) wouldn’t go anywhere."

You know football is a bit more complicated then, "Duh just throw the ball to Chism" and for like the 100th time, Kekoa doesn't call plays, and even if its an RPO, he is trained to take defense allows him.

I would 100% bet part of the reason Vernon Adams transferred his because of the defense even back then. Its probably extremely frustrating to bust your ass to score all these points and your defense gives up even more because even back then the Eastern defense could not stop the run against good teams.

Hey man, if you know some magical QB that can score 100 points per game and will play for Eastern then go get him man. I'm all for it. Until then.

Please stop responding to me with this shit, no one agrees with you, some even think its retarded we're talking about this non issue.

michael-jordan-get-some-help.gif

I think it's important to note that at least one of the individuals who opted for the transfer portal were not extended scholarship offers for a 6th season. I don't really see how it's a chicken little scenario when these players have graduated from EWU with a year left of eligibility and decide they want to go play somewhere else where they can further their education and have it paid for at the same time.

I'm guessing Jakobie James didn't get a scholarship extended, he hasn't been that productive.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/5178972/jakobie-keeney-james

With our WR room, Chism would be the only loss. I'm guessing they only get offers from low level G5 schools and other FCS schools.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
I'm guessing Jakobie James didn't get a scholarship extended, he hasn't been that productive.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/5178972/jakobie-keeney-james

With our WR room, Chism would be the only loss. I'm guessing they only get offers from low level G5 schools and other FCS schools.

I don't think Chism leaves.

This don't feel good.I had thoughts as Atomic Eagle does/did bout potential playoff "possibilty." Now bad feeling.
*This could change on-a-dime...ha

bad-feeling-han-solo.gif

Hambone said:
Davenport_Eag said:

First off, this portal crap is completely ruining college football especially at the FCS level. Secondly, I thought he should have been the #1 back this season but he seems to have been injured a lot.

They're all grad transfers so its always been around.

I wonder if they were waiting for coaching changes to be announced or just making their decision.

KJEagle said:
Hambone said:
Davenport_Eag said:

First off, this portal crap is completely ruining college football especially at the FCS level.

I agree. What's the point of redshirting players anymore? If they are ready as true freshman you may as well put them in the rotation.

Cause a true freshman won't have the practice or reps and will screw up more. They wouldn't even know the pace of college football. That's why they're put in during garbage time, cause it doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Back