• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

The Bengals

oldrunner

Well, a championship is off the table now, but there is still much to play for. We want to go into the playoffs with some momentum and try to do as much damage as we can.

The Bengals are struggling a bit. A new coaching staff and 51 freshmen on the team can do that to you. They have won only once this year and have lost games in a variety of ways. Their best game was a close loss to Montana at ISU. They do have talent at several positions, but not quite enough to get over the hump with most BSC programs.

With all of that said, ISU always comes with their best game against us. I fully expect them to play with a lot of pride and enthusiasm. I hope this isn't a trap game for our Wildcats. I don't think our coaches will allow any sort of let down.

The weather, although changeable, is supposed to be cold but dry. I'm hoping that the intire population of Pocatello will come down for the game. :coffee:

I definitely see the Bengals showing up to play, but Wildcats should be motivated to right the ship. Wildcats need to close out with a couple of wins. Montana State won a squeaker in Flagstaff, so that game will be a battle, but first things first…finish the regular season home game with a W.

I watched the ISU/UCD game to get an idea of what we might see with the Bengals. ISU started off with a lot of enthusiasm, scored first, and did a reasonable job of stopping UCD's running attack. However, as the game progressed, ISU's defense seemed to get worn down and their offense didn't threaten much the rest of the way. They had some moments when they looked fairly good, but many more moments where they didn't.

I think they have some talent on both sides of the ball, but not enough real depth to keep key positions fresh. Seemed to me like their O didn't stay on the field long enough to give the D a breather, and they needed it.

Honestly, the margins between being a winning team and a not so good team are small.

I still think that they will come to Ogden and give us everything they have. This will not be a cake walk. It never is when they play us. :coffee:

We’re about 5 touchdowns better than the Bengals. Their offense has no way to threaten our defense. I’m looking for Weber to cut out the unforced errors and get some of the young guys PT in the 4th.

The Dan said:
We’re about 4 touchdowns better than the Bengals. Their offense has no way to threaten our defense. I’m looking for Weber to cut out the unforced errors and get some of the young guys PT in the 4th.

The Dan said:
We’re about 5 touchdowns better than the Bengals. Their offense has no way to threaten our defense. I’m looking for Weber to cut out the unforced errors and get some of the young guys PT in the 4th.
Maybe on paper, but this game would make their whole season. We will have to beat them. They are not just going to lay down. By this time of every season, even the worst teams are getting better. Just look at how NAU played against MSU. You take anyone too lightly and they just might kick your butt. Their coach has already said that many of them won't be coming back next year. They will be fighting just to keep their scholarships, let alone pride. :coffee:

As expected, & really spot on for 5 TDs better + ... huh, 'The Dan' ? Looks like the Wildcat's offense still need to cleanup some errors, especially in the red zone.

How'd you like the black helmets/uniforms ... 'Chex' ?

One more win to go, & some projections have Idaho playing at Weber State in the first round of the playoffs...just early speculation...lots still to play for in the regular season final round, interesting football right ahead!

(Though UC Davis is beating Idaho right now in 28 degree Moscow... good thing it's inside?) :coffee:

AlumniWSU said:
As expected, & really spot on for 5 TDs better + ... huh, 'The Dan' ? Looks like the Wildcat's offense still need to cleanup some errors, especially in the red zone.

One more win to go, & some projections have Idaho playing at Weber State in the first round of the playoffs...just early speculation...lots still to play for in the regular season final round, interesting football right ahead!

(Though UC Davis is beating Idaho right now in 28 degree Moscow... good thing it's inside?) :coffee:

Always prefer classic purple helmets or at very least a purple jersey with the black helmet, but as long as it is not the white helmet from the Graybeal days, I’m great. 😂

It was a fun game to attend. Good to see the defense cause multiple turnovers again. Had to buy some kettle corn on the way out in case they don’t sell it at the playoff game…I would hope we get at least one home game regardless of next week’s game.

I think Weber State should play loose this playoffs, and depending on the bracket, may make a run. Pressure is off. Lots of interesting football to watch like you said. Definitely surprised UC Davis is pummeling Idaho in Moscow at halftime.

Chex said:
AlumniWSU said:

Always prefer classic purple helmets or at very least a purple jersey with the black helmet, but as long as it is not the white helmet from the Graybeal days, I’m great. 😂

It was a fun game to attend. Good to see the defense cause multiple turnovers again. Had to buy some kettle corn on the way out in case they don’t sell it at the playoff game…I would hope we get at least one home game regardless of next week’s game.

I think Weber State should play loose this playoffs, and depending on the bracket, may make a run. Pressure is off. Lots of interesting football to watch like you said. Definitely surprised UC Davis is pummeling Idaho in Moscow at halftime.

I wasn't really surprised to see UCD get the better of UI. With the exception of the UM game, UI has had a much easier go of it than the rest of us. They got a bit lucky at UM.

The way it looks right now, and if we beat NAU, we should get a first round bye and a second round home game. Should we lose to NAU, it might be UI playing at Weber in a first round game. Let's not let that happen.

If we beat NAU, UI would have to win thier first round game to get us in the second round at our place.

Any way you cut it, if you are in, you have to win out to be National Champions. :coffee:

No way Weber with a win at NAU and a 9-2 record, an FBS blowout win and 3 top 25 wins doesnt get a top 8 seed.

Lose to NAU however and that seed likely goes bye-bye. Take care of business.

Latest posts

Back