• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

@ St. Mary’s

Chex

Tough road game. The Wildcats should play loose and enjoy the underdog role. I think the Wildcats hang tough and make it uncomfortable for them, but lose by six. This should sharpen the team before their tournament.

Chex said:
Tough road game. The Wildcats should play loose and enjoy the underdog role. I think the Wildcats hang tough and make it uncomfortable for them, but lose by six. This should sharpen the team before their tournament.
I don't disagree with you. It is certainly an opportunity to test ourselves against a very good team in a hostel environment. It's also a good payday game for the coffers. We have a chance in this one, but it will take solid play on our part and less than stellar play on their's.

This is a great game to prep us for the next three. We should be playing on equal terms with Garner Webb, Yale, and Colgate. All four of those teams are better than 80% of BSC teams.

The Dan said:
That is a hell of a win!

Absolutely agree! Congratulations to Coach Duft, staff, and team. Big win on the road in against a very good team!

Go Wildcats!

Big weekend. Football team back to form beating #4 team and basketball making a big statement with a win at #23 team!

Chex said:
The Dan said:
That is a hell of a win!

Absolutely agree! Congratulations to Coach Duft, staff, and team. Big win on the road in against a very good team!

Go Wildcats!

Big weekend. Football team back to form beating #4 team and basketball making a big statement with a win at #23 team!
They, St. Mary's, just don't lose on their home floor. They are picked to finish higher than Gonzaga by a lot of prognosticators.

I feel that this is just the start for this team. There may be some bumps along the way, but this is one of the better teams we have had at WSU. I hope that our community starts to realize what they have here. This team will be fun to watch all season long. We are built to withstand adversity.

Tew had some serious competition and his DOMINANCE in the 2nd half really got me pumped up.

He & Dillon could take us deep in the NCAA.

If Threat (I had Lakers season tickets when his dad was a Laker) keeps hitting those high backboard shots - like his dad - this team will be special.

I rewatched the game tonight. I wanted to get a better handle on what happened in the first half and how the comeback was accomplished against a very good defensive team.

In the first half there were about 8 calls and no calls that could have gone either way. Saint Mary's got 8 of them in their favor. Also, Verplancken and Koehler were missing open shots that they usually hit. In the first half Tew and Jones kept us in striking distance. Our D was okay, but not great.

In the second half Tew and Jones were still carrying the load, but Threatt stepped up as well. What truly got us the win was how our defense locked it in in the second half. Tew played really well against their talented big men and our changing defensive paterns had them a bit confused on their end of the floor. They play a high pick and roll offense similar to what we see a lot of in the NBA. I think we defended it well in the second half and the 50/50 calls were about even. They had 15 TOs and we had 9. That was offset by them out rebounding us by a similar margin.

We played a tight rotation. I feel that it was okay for a game like that, but I'm hoping it loosens up a bit before we get into BSC play. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back