• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Spring Recruiting

I found his HS stats, but Middlebrooks Academy does not publish stats. At Muir HS in 22-23 he was their second leading scorer at 12 points per game. His high scoring game was 36. His shooting splits were 41, 10, 61. That's probably why he wasn't highly recruited out of HS. He led his team in rebouding, assists, steals, and blocks per game. At 6'3'' in HS, thats remarkable. RBs 6.3 per game with a high of 19. Assists 4.0 per game with a high of 12. Steals 3 per game with a high of 9. Blocks 1 per game with a high of 3.

In the past year he has grown 2 inches and is now 6'5'' and may still be growing. He played mostly PG in HS, but I'm not sure what he played at Middlebrooks. I'm sure that he has improved his shooting since HS or we probably wouldn't have offered him. He looks very bouncy, so if his shooting improves he could be really good. My guess is that he will be our PG in training and that we will still be looking for a transfer PG. There are already some really good ones in the portal and more to come..

I still think we will be bringing in 3 or 4 new players this spring. Although, I haven't seen anyone hit the portal just yet.

BTW, Dejore Reaves is transferring out of UNCo. I figured that might happen when he was benched halfway through their season. What ever character problems he came with, must have popped up again. Smiley is like our coaches, he won't put up with BS.

I suspect that we will bring in two PGs, one forward, and one center in training and that the center and one PG would be red shirted. That is if we don't have additional, unexpected, transfers.

I'm happy with Threat running point next year but we need a bucket getter type scorer, and some bounce at the forward/center position. Too many teams dominated us inside, our rim protection was negligible at best.

Also Duft, for the love of all that is holy change your philosophy first: to go after offensive rebounds instead of hightailing down court to prevent fast break points, second change: petal to the metal, quit milking the clock with a lead it didn't work.

I agree that Threatt running the point is more than okay. I also agree that we need to find more rim protection and better offensive output in the post positions. I feel that is exactly what our recruiting efforts are targeting this spring.

I learned a little bit more about Saadiq. He indeed has been playing PG for Middlebrooks and has really begun to develop. He had half the MWC and a few P4s recruiting him. However, they were all telling him to hold on until after the dust has settled in the portal. He and his coaches didn't want to wait for that. He may be able to come in and help us as a true freshman. Trevor Hennig, the Washington POY, will also come in and help right out of the gate on the guard line. And certainly don't forget our RS freshman, Nemanje Sarenac, He is also poised to be a big contributor.

I have a feeling that we will end up with a bit more depth at all positions next season. We probably won't have a star like Dillon, but more overall depth.

Last edited:
Looks like Chris Dockery and Louie Jordan have joined the transfer portal. I had hopes for Dockery but he never saw the floor. Other than two games where Jordan hit some 3s I don't think he brought anything to this program.

I liked both of those guys and hope that they are successful where ever they land. I feel that they both could work themselves into being starters if the pick the right program to join. Sometimes a change is just what is needed to reinvigorate a career.

Our program also needed some changes to help us get better. We are hoping to end up with better depth at center and guard positions. So far, I like the players we are bringing in. Just waiting to see who the final pieces will be. We may get some commitments next week and the spring signing period begins on April 17th.

With our recent commitments, I have changed my mind on who might red shirt. I still think that two players will red shirt, i'm just less sure of who they might be. Looks to me like they can all play, but we all know that a 10 man rotation is a deep rotation and you don't want to waste eligibility for good players who will be bit players their first year and potential starters after that. We will have 3 or 4 guys who fit that description.

The coaches will have a better idea after the summer workouts and the beginning of fall camp. It may turn out that nobody red shirts and we just try to squeeze minutes in where we can.

This is the big man they have signed. 6'11'', 250lbs, from Montenagro via Portland.
I like it. Him and Tew can man the 5 spot. We definitely upgraded the back up 5 spot. Revaz and Tamba were just terrible and didn't give us much. We will have 5 SR's next year. I can't ever remember a time we had that many. I love that we will have a mature team next year.

We have one grant left to fill. I'm not sure where we will go with it. It could either be a wing player or a power forward. Either way is good as long as it is an upgrade over all the guys we lost to the portal. So far, I like all the players we have signed. It looks to be a solid group heading into the summer workouts. We will be old with our starters, but young with everyone coming off the bench. It will certainly be interesting to watch the development over the summer. All of our returning starters should have big years coming up.

Is this the same Miguel Tomley you were talking about on the Idaho St. fan board? If it is the same guy, you said this "Both of your departing point guards are good players, good, but not great"..."However, we already have a guy who is much like both of your departing guys. We are also chalk full of wing players."....I guess you will forget these statements now, or you'll go back to ISU's board and edit this out....

Is this the same Miguel Tomley you were talking about on the Idaho St. fan board? If it is the same guy, you said this "Both of your departing point guards are good players, good, but not great"..."However, we already have a guy who is much like both of your departing guys. We are also chalk full of wing players."....I guess you will forget these statements now, or you'll go back to ISU's board and edit this out....
I was talking about the other two, who hit the potal first, Arington and Mitchell. At the time I made that post, Tomley was not yet in the portal. Arington's game is much like Threatt's and Mitchell is too small to defend bigger guards. Both of those guys are okay players, just not what I would look for to compete well in the BSC. When Tomley came along, I didn't think we would go after him either. He only has one year left to play. He is a good shooter, but limited in some other aspects. I guess our coaches thought he would be a good compliment to Threatt. I can see that. Threat is more of a slasher and Tomley is more of a spot up shooter. Both of them are what I would call combo guards.

Here is Cutler's signing announcement. One more to go, it could take a while. There are lots of options.

437892114_18428008240042737_1548847090941539752_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back