• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

School finances and expenses

Beardown

Interesting numbers in a recent USA Today about college revenues and expenses. UNC is about middle with revenue, and net. The surprising thing is EWU and Montana State. How does one survive with numbers like that. Also, if you click on Northern Colorado, you will get a more detailed break down. Our contributions have dipped to an all-time low since moving up. I honestly wonder what the reasoning is. Contributions were half of what they have been. Does anyone believe it's because of Hinrich's departure? I thought once he left, contributions would sky-rocket. One of his faults apparently was his inability to work well with donors.
Here's the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beardown said:
Interesting numbers in a recent USA Today about college revenues and expenses. UNC is about middle with revenue, and net. The surprising thing is EWU and Montana State. How does one survive with numbers like that. Also, if you click on Northern Colorado, you will get a more detailed break down. Our contributions have dipped to an all-time low since moving up. I honestly wonder what the reasoning is. Contributions were half of what they have been. Does anyone believe it's because of Hinrich's departure? I thought once he left, contributions would sky-rocket. One of his faults apparently was his inability to work well with donors.
Here's the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The numbers are way better than I thought they would be. We could be doing so much better.And I strongly believe that you can blame the downturn entirely on our football program. I also believe the fan depression (from football) is having an effect on other programs as well. Personally I don't have any thing against Coach Collins but for whatever reasons, it has just not worked out. I am trying to be nice here ! Its not rocket science as to what is going on with our program. Everyone I talk to has got it figured out. So why can't our leadership figure it out !

beardevil39 said:
Beardown said:
Here's the link.

The numbers are way better than I thought they would be. We could be doing so much better.And I strongly believe that you can blame the downturn entirely on our football program. I also believe the fan depression (from football) is having an effect on other programs as well. Personally I don't have any thing against Coach Collins but for whatever reasons, it has just not worked out. I am trying to be nice here ! Its not rocket science as to what is going on with our program. Everyone I talk to has got it figured out. So why can't our leadership figure it out !

Maybe, but that's a considerable drop. Imagine our numbers IF our contributions stayed the same. Collins has friends in high places - like the NFL. He's good buddies with VJ, and Reed Doughty. VJ has some $$$$

Why would programs like Alabama and Wisconsin get subsidies? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Latest posts

Back