• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Round 1: North Dakota @ Weber State

the dan

Weber opened up as a 13 point favorite today.

I haven’t had the opportunity to watch UND this year, hopefully I can rewatch a game of theirs before Saturday. They have played well on offense and had a lot of struggles defensively. They have some familiar faces in Schuster at QB and Maag at WR. Maag is a huge target and the type of receiver that can use his body out-physical out corners. I don’t think we’ve seen seen a WR like him this year. North Dakota doesn’t get penalized or turn the ball over often so that will put pressure on us to play a clean game. These guys are always a tough matchup and I expect a close game Saturday. If we are already thinking about revenge in Bozeman and overlooking UND then the season will come to an early end.

If you can, get out to Stewart Stadium and make some noise!

From the similar opponent in Northern Arizona games, both teams needed last minute drives to win. Past games with North Dakota are always tough and close. Good weather for Saturday, but just a bit cold. I think it will be a battle. I’m going to pick a 31-21 Weber State. I think it’s a game until the end.

Wildcats definitely need to clean up the penalties and unforced turnovers. Hopefully defense is the defense from the 2nd half of the NAU game.

Go Wildcats!

The Dan said:
Weber opened up as a 13 point favorite today. Sounds about right.

They have played well on offense (yep, a well-balanced offense that likes to control the ball to compensate for its defense) and had a lot of struggles defensively (correct, but the secondary is young and has been making continued improvements).

They have some familiar faces in Schuster at QB and Maag at WR. Nope, Schuster was only a true freshman in 2019 and hasn't played against Weber State. He's UND's most prototypical QB since going Division 1, and has already set a good number of all-time passing records at UND (if he was taller, he'd likely be in the Big 10 as he was the Michigan Division 1 Player of the Year in 2018).

Maag is a huge target and the type of receiver that can use his body out-physical out corners. I don’t think we’ve seen seen a WR like him this year. This was true when he played in 2019, but his injury history has tempered his physicality to the point that there was a discussion on Siouxsports this week that he is "soft." I believe that he isn't as physical as he once was, but I don't think he's soft.

North Dakota doesn’t get penalized or turn the ball over often so that will put pressure on us to play a clean game. True, but UND really looked out of sorts against NDSU, and I believe this could be a possibility against a top 10 team like WSU.

These guys are always a tough matchup and I expect a close game Saturday. As an objective fan, this is about the best that I can hope for. Hopefully, the winning team will advance without any injuries

If you can, get out to Stewart Stadium and make some noise! I will, although I'll be cheering for UND.

UTSiouxfan said:
The Dan said:
Weber opened up as a 13 point favorite today. Sounds about right.

They have played well on offense (yep, a well-balanced offense that likes to control the ball to compensate for its defense) and had a lot of struggles defensively (correct, but the secondary is young and has been making continued improvements).

They have some familiar faces in Schuster at QB and Maag at WR. Nope, Schuster was only a true freshman in 2019 and hasn't played against Weber State. He's UND's most prototypical QB since going Division 1, and has already set a good number of all-time passing records at UND (if he was taller, he'd likely be in the Big 10 as he was the Michigan Division 1 Player of the Year in 2018).

Maag is a huge target and the type of receiver that can use his body out-physical out corners. I don’t think we’ve seen seen a WR like him this year. This was true when he played in 2019, but his injury history has tempered his physicality to the point that there was a discussion on Siouxsports this week that he is "soft." I believe that he isn't as physical as he once was, but I don't think he's soft.

North Dakota doesn’t get penalized or turn the ball over often so that will put pressure on us to play a clean game. True, but UND really looked out of sorts against NDSU, and I believe this could be a possibility against a top 10 team like WSU.

These guys are always a tough matchup and I expect a close game Saturday. As an objective fan, this is about the best that I can hope for. Hopefully, the winning team will advance without any injuries

If you can, get out to Stewart Stadium and make some noise! I will, although I'll be cheering for UND.

Ah. I watch a fair amount of the MVFC so Schuster is familiar to me! Cheers!

Weber State’s defense had awful breakdowns. If you don’t hear the whistle, you keep playing. Sure it was a bad call and how that held up on replay should get this referee and crew removed from any future playoff games. They also saw a personal foul and did not call it because they didn’t want it to end the game.

All that aside, defense was too soft in second half and the touchdown before halftime was awful, too. Glad they stepped up and stopped the final drive, but this game shouldn’t have been close.

Wildcats get the rematch they wanted in Bozeman.

Go Wildcats!

Chex said:
Weber State’s defense had awful breakdowns. If you don’t hear the whistle, you keep playing. Sure it was a bad call and how that held up on replay should get this referee and crew removed from any future playoff games. They also saw a personal foul and did not call it because they didn’t want it to end the game.

All that aside, defense was too soft in second half and the touchdown before halftime was awful, too. Glad they stepped up and stopped the final drive, but this game shouldn’t have been close.

Wildcats get the rematch they wanted in Bozeman.

Go Wildcats!

Think the Bobcats want it also; probably are salivating/smiling as well, if they watched the game. Wildcats didn't look very impressive in the 4th Qtr., the offense struggling to get first downs...false starts, defense unable to get stops, Ugh! Credit to UND's comeback effort, they are a tough opponent, always have been vs. WSU.

Hope the North Dakota team, fans, have a safe trip home, including the game officials who must have came with them. :kisswink:

Latest posts

Back