• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Recruting Trend at Sac State

josephpoint

Is it me or is there a trend at Sac State happening to capturing recruits for most of our sports teams a year in advance and many from out of state. Have not seen this in the past Love it. Seeing so many signings for next fall happening right now. Getting the top athletes and students whether they are local, from CA or out of state or country is awesome for Hornet athletics. This is what builds a top program. Good for Sac State in building our program. This is truly what makes Sac State the Destination Campus that we aspire to be.

While I don't particularly care where we get our BEST recruits from (the unmentionable place often gets their best from overseas, notably in boys hoops, tennis, and swimming/water polo), I still think that the PREPONDERANCE of our recruits should come from the area generally known as Superior California (roughly Auburn or a bit farther north down to about Turlock or so). Much of our student body comes from that area, so if athletes with whom they're already familiar (from the HS level) are on our rosters, it's THAT much more likely that they'll come to games. That's not as big for us as it might be for the Montanas (who have been burned by poor recruiting from the L.A. area, notably the Griz), but that factor in recruiting SHOULD be a factor....

Latest posts

Back