• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

PSU the Metro State of Oregon

PSUVikings

uncfootballrules said:
PSUVikings - what is your fascination with the UNC - Hawaii game? Are you jealous that you are not headed there? Everyone on this board has made it very clear that we expect to lose. We do not need you coming on rubbing our nose in it all the time. You obviously have some deep hatred for the Bears (yes we've all seen the thread you started on AGS and your continual bashing of us over there also).

Admittedly, we are a bit down right now which is new territory for us. We have a proud program and a very strong tradition. We will be back, it is just going to take some time. Look back to your first years in the Big Sky, you were cellar dwellers your first couple of years also. We will return to prominence and we will be competing for championships in the near term. Agreed, not this year but soon.

Not an obsession, when I began to see fans that think they can beat UH was when I let it loose, I honestly have never seen a worse college football team live then UNC, so when I here someone say they can play with a powerhouse like Hawaii I'm stunned. Makes no sense. In all my years of watching football this is the most lop-sided match up I've ever seen, yet some fans think you can compete with them

I'll admit I never wanted UNC in the Big Sky, we could have picked better schools, schools that would win immediately and make the conference look good, not attract national attention with losing and players being stabbed. We should have taken NDSU and SDSU when we had the chance. Nothing against you fans personally, I just wish UNC could have stayed where they belonged.

Some schools make easy transitions to the FCS, like North Dakota State, but then some like UNC struggle, its possible for a comeback but IMO its far away. We will see ho UNC fair this year.

Anyways good luck this season, 70 days and counting.

PSUVikings said:
uncfootballrules said:
PSUVikings - what is your fascination with the UNC - Hawaii game? Are you jealous that you are not headed there? Everyone on this board has made it very clear that we expect to lose. We do not need you coming on rubbing our nose in it all the time. You obviously have some deep hatred for the Bears (yes we've all seen the thread you started on AGS and your continual bashing of us over there also).

Admittedly, we are a bit down right now which is new territory for us. We have a proud program and a very strong tradition. We will be back, it is just going to take some time. Look back to your first years in the Big Sky, you were cellar dwellers your first couple of years also. We will return to prominence and we will be competing for championships in the near term. Agreed, not this year but soon.

Not an obsession, when I began to see fans that think they can beat UH was when I let it loose, I honestly have never seen a worse college football team live then UNC, so when I here someone say they can play with a powerhouse like Hawaii I'm stunned. Makes no sense. In all my years of watching football this is the most lop-sided match up I've ever seen, yet some fans think you can compete with them

I'll admit I never wanted UNC in the Big Sky, we could have picked better schools, schools that would win immediately and make the conference look good, not attract national attention with losing and players being stabbed. We should have taken NDSU and SDSU when we had the chance. Nothing against you fans personally, I just wish UNC could have stayed where they belonged.

Some schools make easy transitions to the FCS, like North Dakota State, but then some like UNC struggle, its possible for a comeback but IMO its far away. We will see ho UNC fair this year.

Anyways good luck this season, 70 days and counting.

Why do you post on here so much? Seriously? Is it the feel of superiority? ****Post content deleted by Admin****

PSUVikings said:

Right, because schools allready in the 'Sky never get any media attention for oh... lets see... MURDER!!

Please, the only reason the Cozad debacle even made the national media is because they sensationalized it like everything eles they cover. We were their Anna Nicole for a week.

Oh not to mention that 4 of the existing conference schools are on the verge of severe academic sanctions by the NCAA for poor academic performance. Our team may not be the best on the football field, but at least we get them though college so they can have jobs later in their life.

Where we belonged? DII? Give me a break, we may not be conference all-stars, but we are shure as shit better than Wasted State, and Ft. Lewis.

PSUVikings said:
Ah, jealousy at its best.

Wait, why am I jealous exactly? Because you're a fan of Portland State?

You realize that's an arbitrary choice right? None of have to be or are required to be a fan of any team... In fact I can become a Portland State fan today if I want to... I won't of course, no reason to.

There are no requirements or limitations to being or not being a fan of anyone or anything. Also, being a fan of a team that's beaten another doesn't make you more informed, knowledgeable, or a better person.

I****Post content deleted by Admin****

So no, sorry, I'm not jealous of the fact you at some point in time, for whatever reason decided to become a Portland State fan.

Just cause you beat MSU doesn't mean you will beat PSU, nor UNC for that fact. Go back to the division II board.

I didn't start any of this. I'm here on because I want to talk about the CSC v UNC game and I have respect for the UNC program even though it is down. Why do you even care about UNC v Hawaii anyway? You seem to have nothing to do besides start stuff with people. How about you got back to the PSU board. Or do they want you?

I deleted some parts of posts in this thred, as they contained personal attacks, which are prohibited under our fourm rules.

Blofeld can be a cranky S.O.B. but he's standing up for UNC so he's alright in my book. However, yeah, the personal attacks really aren't helping anything. 8)

But it's nothing a couple nice wins couldn't fix.

Wow - looks like I missed some fireworks this weekend. I'm glad to see the pride and fight returning to the Bear fans, let's hope it returns to the team this year!

I'll admit I never wanted UNC in the Big Sky, we could have picked better schools, schools that would win immediately and make the conference look good, not attract national attention with losing and players being stabbed.
In regards to our off the field problems, how could you have predicted those when you made your prediction we would be a bad fit in the Big Sky? Next time your crystal ball tells you that can you please call our AD (and MSU's and UM's why you are at it) and warn him? That way we can kick the loser off the team and head off the bad press. Reminds me of a Tom Cruise movie actually. :lol:

We should have taken NDSU and SDSU when we had the chance. Nothing against you fans personally, I just wish UNC could have stayed where they belonged.

I think you are forgetting that we more than held our own against NDSU and SDSU. I don't have the head to head records for our last 10 games against them, but I'd bet we were better than 500 against them. In fact our first year or two I'm 90% positive we finished in the top 25 in the final FCS polls. The problem is that after Glenn left we had a great coach who was a terrible recruiter. Couple that with an administrative decision to be cheap and not fund full scholarships (in contrast to what NDSU did) at the FCS level and the recruiting weaknesses are now showing their ugly head. We will turn it around and be more than respectable in a couple of years - mark my words we will not be the weak link in the BSC.

I have already pointed out that PSU struggled for a few years when they entered the BSC also. I am sure there were more than a few UM fans wishing PSU had stayed where they belonged.

We own the series between us and SDSU, but NDSU owns the series between us. Although I think UNC has beaten NDSU more the past 10 years.

SDSU is more of a basketball school. They've done fairly well sense moving up, but they've never won a football national championship and have only been in the playoff once and that was in the 1960's.

NDSU is a very rich football school, but as I mentioned we've beaten them more the past decade and we're the last of these schools to win a national title.

SDSU is doing it with smoke and mirrors right now. They are not as good as they have been playing in football and long term will struggle to be a 500 team. In their new conference they will be bottom third year in and year out. We pretty much owned them the past 10 or 15 years.

NDSU on the other hand has everything it takes to be a legit contender year in and year out for conference titles and playoff appearances. They were smart and fully funded their scholarships and have tremendous resources. I remember the first year we beat NDSU (must have been 1992 or so), ever since then I am sure we are better than 500 against them. It was those first 18 years or so that they beat us screwing up the all time records!!

We will return to our previous level as soon as the playing field is leveled out. It won't take long.

uhfanzonly said:
By the way I noticed it took you guys 114 years just to get to D2 football.

Your program has really soared...JK :D

Um, we're Division I now, thanks. We played D2 for a long time and were quite successful. We even won national championships in 1996 & 1997. If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am, Hawaii has never won a national title at any level in football. In my mind, that makes it UNC 2-Hawaii 0. Now, on the 1st, you'll probably beat us by some ridiculous score like 63-10, and I've accepted that, but you can't take our trophies.

gobears2010 said:
uhfanzonly said:

Um, we're Division I now, thanks. We played D2 for a long time and were quite successful. We even won national championships in 1996 & 1997. If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am, Hawaii has never won a national title at any level in football. In my mind, that makes it UNC 2-Hawaii 0. Now, on the 1st, you'll probably beat us by some ridiculous score like 63-10, and I've accepted that, but you can't take our trophies.

If you guys keep it to 63-10 I'd be surprised

BTW this is the room filled with people that care about your 2 national titles at D2 :roll:

nobody10.jpg

PSUVikings said:
gobears2010 said:
uhfanzonly said:

If you guys keep it to 63-10 I'd be surprised

BTW this is the room filled with people that care about your 2 national titles at D2 :roll:

nobody10.jpg

Take a hike. You're not welcome here if your just going to write about how bad we're going to lose. Most of us know we're going to get drilled, so just leave it.

Latest posts

Back