• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Need Changes

I played for EWU from 2014-2019, back when the program was consistently the best in the FCS, I can tell you without a doubt the issue with our program is coaching. When Coach Baldwin left and Best got promoted you could feel the decline coming almost immediately. Best recruited me and I worked closely with him until he became the head coach, and him becoming the head coach was the worst move our program has ever made. Everything from off-season conditioning, game week practices, spring ball, and even the weight room got soft. Best is a textbook narcissist and this program cannot right the ship until he is gone. We have always played under the mantra of “do more with less” in terms of our facilities and athletic department, we no longer have this luxury. We missed our window to improve our athletic department, and without a winning culture, the question has to be asked of why go to EWU as a HS recruit? Our pitch used to be come to Cheney to compete for a National Championship, Big Sky championship was almost an expectation. Without having this winning culture and expectation of playing championship level football, why would you ever come to Cheney? The talent level and recruiting has not taken a significant dip, the issue is getting the guys to play as a team and believing in the system, that belief started to immediately leave when Best took over, and when I graduated after reaching the FCS title game as a senior, we knew the writing was on the wall of a program in decline, we could feel it from the moment Best took the helm. Once Baldwin’s recruits graduated and the culture he created was gone, we were destined to become a mid Big Sky team. It is sad, but this program closer to being dissolved entirely than it is to reclaiming the glory of championship level Football. We need a fresh start, before it is too late to ride the momentum of the last 15 years of success. Fire Aaron Best, that is the only way to get the ball rolling in the right direction.

I kind of get this vibe from looking what's happening from outside. Coaches taking new jobs that aren't even an upgrade. Allen Brown the CBs coach took a defensive quality control position at Cal then Florida. Players not leaving but straight up quitting football. At the end of last season 2022 we only had one QB, Simon Burkett who had one year left forewent his senior year and Trey Turner just quit. Those are just a few examples.

The team does horrible at away games, they get slaughtered when going to Bozeman or Missoula. There's not energy, no hype. Even this year, there was not energy in the last game against NAU despite it being a home game and senior day. That one dude needed to get the scoop and score just to hype up the team but by then it was too late, they were down too much.

I'm sure he'll screw up the DC hire, the defense will be hot garbage still, Eastern will have another losing season and he'll be let go.

Latest posts

Back