• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

NAU FBS????

AzCatOne

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/sports/ncaafootball/universities-chase-big-time-glory-in-fbs.xml?f=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other universities that have discussed taking a leap of
faith upward include,
among others, James
Madison, Delaware,
Northern Iowa, Cal-Poly,
Villanova, Jacksonville State, Northern Arizona and Sam
Houston State.

interesting,...not sure NAU is in the position to move up to FBS. I would think FBS conferences would want football programs that have proven themselves at the subdivisiob level. We certainly haven't done anything like that. It would take a huge effort to accomplish such feat. With the failures of Idaho as a lesson to follow, maybe we should just stick with the Big Sky

The timing isn't right. NAU sports can compete (cross country, track, volleyball recently and mens basketball and soccer in the near past) with the big boys but football isn't ready. And football is where the money is. Gotta be able to consistently compete at the FCS level before taking on the FBS. I fear an NAU move up will result in U of Idaho part deux...or worse.

this must be a typo/mistake. First I have heard of it and weird that neither Montana or Montana state were mentioned(they actually considered moving up). Perhaps they meant Norther Iowa? As much as I would love to see it one day, we are in no place to move up.

:clap: good catch finding this article though. and i will say that the football program should be the highest priority and moving up eventually should be a long term goal.

Latest posts

Back