• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Montana State @ Weber State

cats25061

Its that time again.

It looks like MSU will be coming to Ogdon without Tommy Mellot and our 2 transfer wide receivers we were hopeful to have by now. Unlike last year we have a full stable of running backs this time and we will have Chambers at QB. We have revamped our OL and I think it is a big improvement both in pass pro and the run game. We might pass a little more this year but everything is still based on running the ball. Another addition is our kicker/punter (the last one transferred to UCLA), He usually kicks it beyond the endzone and has great hangtime on punts so hopefully we can avoid your dangerous return man, sorry I don't remember his name. I personally think our defense is looking a little better, but its still a little early in the season to say.

I haven't watched any of your games yet but will watch your one against UNI this week.

I expect a good old fashioned slobberknocker like usual when we play Weber, unfortunately I wont be going, I had originally planned to make the trip this year but it didn't work out.

I'm sure that Tommy will play. Your coach used the same shtick last year. I don't think you can trust those declarations at all.

Tommy will play and we will prepare the best we can to defend against what your Bobs have been doing this year, so far.

After 3 games, almost everybody has someone dinged up. It's part of the game. All of this week's BSC games have some intrigue. Our's may be the highest profile, but the rest are good matchups as well.

It looks like the MSU defense has stiffened up a bit and our D is as good as ever. I expect a lower scoring game than others might be looking for. Should be a good game.

oldrunner said:
I'm sure that Tommy will play. Your coach used the same shtick last year. I don't think you can trust those declarations at all.

Tommy will play and we will prepare the best we can to defend against what your Bobs have been doing this year, so far.

After 3 games, almost everybody has someone dinged up. It's part of the game. All of this week's BSC games have some intrigue. Our's may be the highest profile, but the rest are good matchups as well.

It looks like the MSU defense has stiffened up a bit and our D is as good as ever. I expect a lower scoring game than others might be looking for. Should be a good game.

TM went out in the SDSU game and didn't play last week, not listed on the depth chart this week.

SAC @ UI will be interesting

He told the same lie last year, just before Tommy played the whole game. I don't believe a word he says.

Tommy will play and we will plan to defend him. Some of your others coming back from injury will likely be on the feild as well.

We will be prepared reguardless of what the coach says about who will and will not play.

You noticed that he was reading from a script and did not look up much. That alone should tell you something.

All he really needed was a little orange makeup. :lol:

oldrunner said:
He told the same lie last year, just before Tommy played the whole game. I don't believe a word he says.

Tommy will play and we will plan to defend him. Some of your others coming back from injury will likely be on the feild as well.

We will be prepared reguardless of what the coach says about who will and will not play.

You noticed that he was reading from a script and did not look up much. That alone should tell you something.

Which game last year are you saying that the coach said TM wouldn't play? I never thought there was any question that he was available for either game.

Chambers didn't play in the first game, did in the second

I am hoping to attend the game on Saturday night as well. Have a friend undergoing treatment in Huntsman Cancer Institute and is hoping for a little respite.
Another classmate of mine and myself are headed that way Thursday from Bozeman.
Look forward to a typical physical game between our two teams. It will be our first good measuring stick in the conference.
Any recommendations on where a person might stay, dine, or have a little fun besides the game?
Is there any tailgating to speak of?

KWCAT said:
I am hoping to attend the game on Saturday night as well. Have a friend undergoing treatment in Huntsman Cancer Institute and is hoping for a little respite.
Look forward to a typical physical game between our two teams. It will be our first good measuring stick in the conference.
Any recommendations on where a person might stay, dine, or have a little fun besides the game?
There are several good hotel options in town. You can't go wrong with any of the restaurants or pubs in Ogden. All have good food and drinks. My favorite is Rooster's B Street. You might need your GPS to find it. A unique experience might be to drive up to Snow Basin. There is a good restaurant in the main lodge and one on the mountain that is accessible by tram. Just down from the mountain, in Huntsville, is the Shooting Star saloon. It is the oldest operating bar in Utah. They have good burgers and a unique atmosphere.

Hope you have fun.

cats2506 said:
oldrunner said:

Which game last year are you saying that the coach said TM wouldn't play? I never thought there was any question that he was available for either game.

Regular season game last year.

oldrunner said:
cats2506 said:
oldrunner said:

Regular season game last year.

Chambers was out and didn't play, Tommy had missed a few games earlier in the season but he returned for UNC the week before our game with WSU. I don't think there was any question that Tommy would play, Chambers being out was a late development to us though. I found out just a little before the game.

Second game we had them both, though Chambers was not 100% through the playoffs

oldrunner said:
KWCAT said:
There are several good hotel options in town. You can't go wrong with any of the restaurants or pubs in Ogden. All have good food and drinks. My favorite is Rooster's B Street. You might need your GPS to find it. A unique experience might be to drive up to Snow Basin. There is a good restaurant in the main lodge and one on the mountain that is accessible by tram. Just down from the mountain, in Huntsville, is the Shooting Star saloon. It is the oldest operating bar in Utah. They have good burgers and a unique atmosphere.

Hope you have fun.

Thanks old runner

So I switched over to the Montana State/SDSU game just in time to see them false start on fourth and inches…where they probably would have got the first down and drained out clock for game winning FG or gone up a touchdown. Instead, Bobcats had to settle for the FG and then gave up the huge pass plays. Very frustrating for sure….would have been nice to see two Big Sky wins at MVFC.

All the best to KWCAT’s friend undergoing chemotherapy. Hope a clean bill of health is waiting in the near future.

As far as my predictions for the game…I honestly have no idea. If Weisser can keep the passing game going enough to respect it, it’s a toss-up. If the offense struggles, I think the Bobcats win by 10 points or so.

Gotta tip your hat to the Wildcats Defense for holding 12th ranked Utah to 24 offensive points. Like Olds, I’m expecting more of a defensive battle than the shootout in the regular season last time.

I’ll try to be optimistic, my MLB team, Chicago Cubs make a wildcard and Wildcats beat Bobcats 20-17.

Run early, run often. Huge mistake to start against Utah with Weisser being expected to throw mid-range, pin-point passes. He doesn’t have the accuracy.

Bankston and the O-line are legit. They can dominate in the Big Sky.

And… GIVE ABE THE BALL!

Look what the Saints are doing with Shaheed.

GAME DAY !
Weather is dry, mild...stadium east side is open...Cougars & Utes games are over by kickoff...get your bods out to the game...support your Wildcats!!!

It’s time to see what else we have at quarterback. If your qb isn’t going to be a threat with his legs then he has to be accurate. Granted, I don’t think we have any game changers at WR but our QB is missing basic throws week in and week out.

The Dan said:
It’s time to see what else we have at quarterback. If your qb isn’t going to be a threat with his legs then he has to be accurate. Granted, I don’t think we have any game changers at WR but our QB is missing basic throws week in and week out.

Agreed!! Weisser sucks period!!!! How come year after year we have 💩 QB’s???? Anyone can suck at throwing but we are especially bad at it!! So done with our lack of QB recruiting!!!

There is absolutely no reason Weisser should have played the entire game. You owe it to the team to try and get some playing time for other QBs in a situation like that to see if another option is available and to try and get a spark going before the game turned into a laugher. Passing game is awful. Any decent team will stack the box knowing they won’t get punished. Team should drop out of the top 50 with a performance like that. I kind of don’t blame the D for giving up at the end when they kept sending Weisser in. QB doesn’t have to be your best player, but has to be a leader to step up and show some fight. Weisser looked like a deer in the headlights and the offense didn’t have any urgency until down 20-0. It’s one loss whether one point or 40, but the message Mental set is Weisser is the guy no matter what, so there be less competition in QB spot and I expect apathy to set in. I think it could go off the rails fast. Totally unacceptable performance. If the offense is going to play that lame, let the defense play Ironman and get a chance to move the ball.

Yeah look, before the season started 2-2 was the best case scenario after 4 games in my mind, but what I’m seeing on the field matches my pessimistic outlook for the season. The defense has dropped off without Jay. We have two All Americans on defense, a stout defensive line, a good offensive line, and not a lot else. We don’t have a dynamic pass rush, our safeties our soft in coverage and run support, we only have 1 reliable corner, our receivers are mediocre, we have 1 good RB, and our QB play has been anemic. The next recruiting class is vital for the program because we desperately need to restock.

Montana State is one of the top three teams in FCS, and hats off to them, but we have some serious deficiencies if we’re trying to remain a top Big Sky team. That loss was every bit as ugly as it looked. We struggled vs a D2 which was easy to write off. We beat UNI which threw us off the scent, but they were frankly awful and gave the game away with turnovers. It was tough to take much away from the Utah game because they were trying to get healthy for Pac-12 play and didn’t care about the final score.

Chex said:
There is absolutely no reason Weisser should have played the entire game. You owe it to the team to try and get some playing time for other QBs in a situation like that to see if another option is available and to try and get a spark going before the game turned into a laugher. Passing game is awful. Any decent team will stack the box knowing they won’t get punished. Team should drop out of the top 50 with a performance like that. I kind of don’t blame the D for giving up at the end when they kept sending Weisser in. ...

Absolutely agree, I don't remember that poor of all around performance in many years. I wanted to see a different look at QB in the 2nd half, even though I think the issues are much more than that. I've felt all along that Weber was ranked about 8-10 spots too high but it's much more than that. I don't think it was only the D that quit, what coach in their right mind, would call a fake punt from their own 20ish after having been so thoroughly dominated. I sure hope this isn't the start of a spiral back to pre-Hill/Mac suck.

Latest posts

Back