• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Linder to CSU?

Yeah, I don't know if/when they will interview him but let's hope he sticks around for a few more years. He's done a great job considering the situation he was put in. We have some great young players coming into the program next year as well. Jalen Sanders should be freshman of the year in the conference and thew new recruits coming in are awesome.

Beardown said:
Yeah, I don't know if/when they will interview him but let's hope he sticks around for a few more years. He's done a great job considering the situation he was put in. We have some great young players coming into the program next year as well. Jalen Sanders should be freshman of the year in the conference and thew new recruits coming in are awesome.

Wish we could add "poison pills" to our coaching contracts. A financial deterrent to stop bigger schools from preying on our coaches as soon as they show themselves capable. If Eustachy had gone out two years ago, does Linder get serious consideration from CSU without head coaching experience? We should get something if we serve merely as a breeding ground for bigger schools to swoop in after the risk has been taken.

I would think CSU wants a longer track record like Rahe's. But maybe Linder's just right considering CSU has to rebuild. They're 4-14, second to last place in the MWC, and have already suffered a key transfer loss due to Eustachy's "resignation". We'll see what happens with Prentiss Nixon their leading scorer. Becky Hammon's been mentioned but if she goes to CSU and it doesn't work out, she's lost the NBA opportunity I would think.

The Mountain West is a tough road to March Madness. CSU's been 3 times in the last 28 years. With Gonzaga purportedly joining the MWC as soon as next year CSU will face slim odds of winning a conference title anytime soon. Gonzaga's a private school with a national reputation and deep pockets who lost in THE NATIONAL FINAL last year. CSU will have to rely on the whim of the selection committee once the rebuild is complete.

The future, as you mentioned, is bright in Greeley. Incoming freshmen Sam Masten and Bodie Hume joining JD, Radebaugh, and Sanders, is going to be massive.

Figures... we can't have anything nice... sort of like how Howard has a lifetime deal...

Kind of like the reason I really wanted Collins to do well with the football team. We might be able to keep a UNC alum a few years longer if they are doing well before jumping ship to a bigger school. In the end, it's just the way things are in college sports and I don't blame the coaches. Unless we can pay more than CSU, I wouldn't expect anyone to stick around.

CSU chose Drake's head coach, and former CSU assistant coach, Niko Medved. We just beat Drake in the opening game of the CIT, I guess CSU liked what it saw.

Hopefully this means Linder will stick around.

Thank God they picked Medved who I think is a good choice but we need Linder for as long as possible.

bearadactyl said:
CSU chose Drake's head coach, and former CSU assistant coach, Niko Medved. We just beat Drake in the opening game of the CIT, I guess CSU liked what it saw.

Medved was at Furman, not Drake.

Beardown said:
bearadactyl said:

Medved was at Furman, not Drake.

Here's a behind-the-scenes excerpt from the Des Moines Register regarding Medved going to CSU:

"A day before Drake lost to Northern Colorado in the second round of the CIT, Drake athletic director Brian Hardin said he and Medved spoke for an hour back at the hotel about the CSU job. Hardin said he and Medved disagreed on whether a coach who’d been at one school for only 11 months should interview at another school.

Medved interviewed with CSU. But he called Hardin later that day, the AD said.

"He called me Tuesday evening at 6 o’clock to say that he just did not have a good feeling about it, and he almost didn't get on the plane to go to the interview and he felt that it wasn't the right fit....he wanted to return and stay at Drake and build things the right way, because he loved the vision of president Martin and what we could do.

"So he made a decision that Tuesday that he was going to pull out of the search."

Hardin said he bought a bottle of scotch — Medved’s drink of choice — and brought it to Medved’s house to celebrate him remaining Drake’s head coach.

"We said, 'Hey, we’re going to the top of the Valley, and we’re going to do it together,'" Hardin remembered, referencing the Missouri Valley Conference, the league Bulldogs compete in.

Hardin said Medved called him at 9:30 a.m. to tell him he was taking the CSU job."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/drake/drake-bulldogs/2018/03/22/niko-medved-leaves-drake-basketball-colorado-state-timeline-brian-hardin/451503002/

Latest posts

Back