• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

How bad are they?

Tube Socks

Last 2 home conference games outscored 67-10. We can't run, we can only pass in the flat which teams figure out and take away. We can't block. We can't tackle. Our pass coverage is spotty at best. We are so undisciplined, averaging almost as many penalty yards as rushing yards. Our play calling is terrible, especially on third downs. Our QB isn't good and also has little time to throw and few open options. The best thing about our last two home games was the opposing kicker.

In my mind that makes Mental a horrible coach, maybe worse than Sears, because Mental was left a program with the cupboard pretty full and heading in the right direction (generally).

So what will it take to make things better? The playoffs are likely gone, even with the UNI win. I thought we were in a second tier in the Big Sky, behind MSU, Idaho and Sac St, but now I don't think we are even in the second tier with Davis, Montana, and EWU.

Granted, I'm pretty upset right now but I also don't think this is an accurate evaluation.

I think Weber State is bad right now. They were missing assignments on defense. That punt return was pathetic tackling. The receivers drop balls that get to them. Weisser can’t throw 15 yards downfield. They have several penalties…and it’s getting worse. Head coach won’t make adjustments…it’s bad.

Sad thing was there wasn’t that much interest in the vacancy. It’s every bit as bad as it looks! I was concerned they might hire Matt Hammer…now, I’m wondering if that was a better move?

Bizarre how Mental keeps this QB in.

Not getting it. Anyone can see it.

Mental has lost a really good team too.

Portal is going to be ugly. I mean why would Abe stay?

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I feel for Reid, he is a legit defender and it seems like he's having to shoulder a much heavier load with the loss of and without the support of Garrett and Heckard. It's much more than just that, but that hurt coach!

The defense has been outstanding!!!

But how bad has it become???

Well for starters, there are no words in the English language -- or any other language for that matter -- that adequately describe the ineptness or offensiveness of our totally pathetic offense. :cry: :cry: :cry:

We could be a good team we just don't have the leadership from the coaches and that is affecting the locker room. Our QB is bad which is sad because he is a good guy he just isn't a fcs QB. Mental says trust the process but obviously his process isn't working and he won't make a QB change although I don't think he has a choice anymore. I do think he has lost the locker room and I don't think he is a fcs coach too stubborn to admit his mistakes. Unfortunately you can't have bad seasons with the transfer portal you will lose all your good players. The attendance will definitely suffer and fan support is pretty much gone to me Mental has to go he has killed the team in less than a year

I'm not sure why but we are still ranked, 22 and 23. Here's hoping they get things figured out this week for Homecoming.

Remember last December when our basketball team had a new coach and they super sucked to start the season, losing at home to Utah Tech, then on the road at Cal Baptist? Then we won road games at a good Cal Poly team and beat USU in Logan? I'm hoping we can have that kind of turn around starting this week.

QB play is paltry at best. OL has been awful and the team overall is undisciplined and soft. Coaching my friends. This is coaching at its worst. Most teams mirror their coaches.

Latest posts

Back