• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Home opener

SLenz44

Reporting from my seats behind the UNC bench. Everyone seems fired up on the field, good vibes so far!

I like how much work they have done around the stadium over the years. The UNC Bears signage around the fencing and things like that. It comes over well on TV. The offense looks better but it's always hard to tell this early.

Brian said:
I like how much work they have done around the stadium over the years. The UNC Bears signage around the fencing and things like that. It comes over well on TV. The offense looks better but it's always hard to tell this early.

They have done a great job of improving the stadium and experience since I graduated in 12.

Also I can't tell if it's the planning or McCaffery, but the short checkdowns are killer

Good grief, our team discipline is horrific. On the flip side, our extra point defense has been outstanding.

SLenz44 said:
Also I can't tell if it's the planning or McCaffery, but the short checkdowns are killer

Even the tv broadcasters have brought up how often he doesn't see or throw to an open receiver down the field (especially on the crossing routs) and opts for the checkdowns.
It seems that the game has not slowed for him at all and is still coming at him too fast.

Brian said:
SLenz44 said:

Even the tv broadcasters have brought up how often he doesn't see or throw to an open receiver down the field (especially on the crossing routs) and opts for the checkdowns.
It seems that the game has not slowed for him at all and is still coming at him too fast.

Yeah that's definitely the case. He's had some good passes down the middle, but it seems like a one read play. When do you go to a backup option? It's just not seeming to work great.

Also people in the crowd are groaning every time 72 has a false start. It almost seems like the snap is coming late, but can't see from my vantage point

It’s like the Bears haven’t practiced one time since last season; both offense and defense look confused.

How Dylan had 4 stars out of high school is beyond me. If they put Sirmon in they might have a chance, but we know Daddy won’t do that.

And this is at home against Houston Baptist. When does the basketball schedule come out?

That’s a really bag loss. I’m glade they came back and kudos to the staff for actually pulling Dylan, but it’s a L to a bad team. Sirmon looked good and should start against Wyoming.

That was a very winnable game. Lots of coaching mistakes with wasting time outs , etc . Terrible tackling but what did our Bears in ( I think ) was the amount of penalties and timing of them. Lots of positives to work on and Sirmon deserves the next start !! Go Bears

beardevil39 said:
That was a very winnable game. Lots of coaching mistakes with wasting time outs , etc . Terrible tackling but what did our Bears in ( I think ) was the amount of penalties and timing of them. Lots of positives to work on and Sirmon deserves the next start !! Go Bears ! P.S. where is David Hoage ?

beardevil39 said:
beardevil39 said:
That was a very winnable game. Lots of coaching mistakes with wasting time outs , etc . Terrible tackling but what did our Bears in ( I think ) was the amount of penalties and timing of them. Lots of positives to work on and Sirmon deserves the next start !! Go Bears ! P.S. where is David Hoage ?

Hoage is out with an injury, I think it might be for awhile.

Compare our home opener to Montana States. We are miles behind them:
https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/status/1566214713176129537?t=umTkR1Atb6fuGVnm84u8Ow&s=19

Brian said:
https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/status/1566214713176129537?t=umTkR1Atb6fuGVnm84u8Ow&s=19

I mean, what else you going to do in Bozeman? lol

SLenz44 said:
Brian said:

Same thing there is to do in Greeley. It's pathetic how bad our student turnout is and how far our program has fallen. We drew more against teams like Augustana and Mankato State when we were D2 than we do now.
It seems like all of our other programs have adjusted. We compete for conference titles for everything except football. We tried to hire within with Collins, now we tried the shiny big name. Maybe we need to just hire the best available coach that will actually come and try and turn this shit show around.

Brian said:
SLenz44 said:
Brian said:

Same thing there is to do in Greeley. It's pathetic how bad our student turnout is and how far our program has fallen. We drew more against teams like Augustana and Mankato State when we were D2 than we do now.
It seems like all of our other programs have adjusted. We compete for conference titles for everything except football. We tried to hire within with Collins, now we tried the shiny big name. Maybe we need to just hire the best available coach that will actually come and try and turn this shit show around.

We had one interview in Jed Stugart, but Dunn had a huge swing-and-miss with hiring a name. I saw Stugart at the Greeley Stampede over the summer and wanted to apologize on behalf of our athletic department. He would have been a great hire, but I suppose there’s nothing we can do about it now. I guess the only thing we can do is stop going to games (that’s already happening I suppose). Let’s hope coach Ed just quits at the end of the season and goes back to selling mustard and coaching little league.

Latest posts

Back