• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Grading the preseason

Waldo2

Overall, pleased with the preseason. I am not going to consider the Park game a challenging game and exclude it.

I give the road schedule a B+. Seven quality teams and three great wins. The win at St Mary’s is a signature win. Solid wins against Wyo and Yale. Two very close losses in Canada that could easily go either way. Great experience come tournament time. The only loss where Weber was not truly competitive was Nevada. Well coached team with solid players. The UVU game was lost by the schedule - no real game in two weeks and it showed. Very pleased with the road games for the most part.

I give the home schedule a D-. The team played well against Cal Poly - The other games were meaningless and didn’t prepare them for other games (e.g. UVU). I blame the coaches and administrators for this situation ( and ultimately the NCAA).

Going into conference play, I think Weber is in good shape. The team is ready for a championship run.

Overall grade: B-

With the exception of the next game, Park Gilbert's School of BeBe Stacking, The remainder of our schedule is good. The only thing not to like about it is the two non-conf games in January, in the middle of the BSC schedule.

For me, the early schedule has been a mix. We have some quality wins and some headscratching losses. We have been playing good defense all along and our offensive output is starting to pick up. We have played more players than we usually do, and that is a good development. Our new players seem to be doing as well as can be expected.

It has been a good preseason, but not a great one.

I'm sure that there will be ups and downs in BSC play as well.

BTW, I looked up PG and they have 37 players on their roster. They have a few wins against other teams I have never heard of and a bunch of losses agains similar teams. They do have some size in a 6'10'' graduate transfer, a 6'9'' forward and a 6'7'' forward. They have a ton of guards who go anywhere from 5'9'' to 6'5''. I'm not sure who they might dress and play, but I don't think they will be up to much. They have a 6'5'' guard who hails from Ogden, Utah.

Maybe it's time for all of our starters to get a mild case of turf ear or something of that nature. :clap:

Latest posts

Back