• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Future Schedules

FootballAlum84

Not to look past the season that we are still in… but looking ahead at future schedules it looks like the full schedules are out up to 2027 minus a couple openings that I’m curious if anyone has any insight on? It looks like there’s 10 games scheduled with an opening in 2025 on 8/31 or 9/13, and 2027 has only our Big Sky schedule out… according to https://fbschedules.com/2027-sacramento-state-football-schedule/

I’ve been enjoyed our out of conference schedule over the last few seasons and looking ahead seeing that we’re not taking on any games below FCS level and that we’re taking games against other FCS teams/conferences. In my few years at Sac we did travel too UIW out of conference but we also just use to play teams like Weber and Southern Utah as a “non conference game” which I wasn’t fond of, and I’m sure was for budget reasons. I think travel is a cool recruiting pitch and hope we keep scheduling against the FCS conferences closest to us being the Southland, newly formed United Athletic and MVFC, or even try for a cross country matchup one day! To keep us playing a regional game too I’ve always wondered if we’ve pursued playing University of San Diego.

Thanks for posting. Looks like we've scheduled ourselves out of the playoffs in '24 and '26 with 2 FBS money games. Wonderful.

SDHornet said:
Thanks for posting. Looks like we've scheduled ourselves out of the playoffs in '24 and '26 with 2 FBS money games. Wonderful.

I'm not so certain about that, SD...at least not in terms of '24. I don't trust San Jose State to beat an upper-tier Big Sky program. Fresneck will be tough, however, but probably not to the degree of a Stanford. I think we get at least one of those, and if it is just one, I'd bet on San Jose. I just hope they got their field fixed. Back in '95, there was a huge chunk out of their 20 yard line that I could see from field level from the 50....

'26 will be much tougher, though OR State does have a habit of playing to the level of the opponent. A win over the Beavers wouldn't surprise me in the least, though I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee it.

If the staff learns their lessons from '23, I think we have a shot at doing some good things. That said, two body-bag games is NEVER a good idea. And I hope the money generated by those games doesn't get siphoned off into other areas...like an augmentation to the President's salary....

SDHornet said:
Looks like we've scheduled ourselves out of the playoffs in '24 and '26 with 2 FBS money games. Wonderful.

Yeah, you'll notice Montucky doesnt have a single FBS opponent for the next four years. I guess 25k at a home game and only 14 varsity sports to support has its advantage?

Both SJSU and Fresno are resurgent lately. I dont see the Hornets winning either game to start the year.

Green Cookie Monster said:
SDHornet said:
Looks like we've scheduled ourselves out of the playoffs in '24 and '26 with 2 FBS money games. Wonderful.

Yeah, you'll notice Montucky doesnt have a single FBS opponent for the next four years. I guess 25k at a home game and only 14 varsity sports to support has its advantage?

Both SJSU and Fresno are resurgent lately. I dont see the Hornets winning either game to start the year.

There is speculation that the Fresno game will get moved to a different year.

SDHornet said:
Green Cookie Monster said:
SDHornet said:

There is speculation that the Fresno game will get moved to a different year.

Good, Fresno seems to be peaking lately. Would like to see us add a SoCon team.

Latest posts

Back