• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU VS. NAU Game Day Thread

luckyintheorder said:
LDopaPDX said:
Hey, look at the bright side… we only gave up 581 yards. And only 310 rushing yards! What a great way to close the season!

Sarcasm, of course. You cannot score 42 and lose. Ever. Collins needs Best in his office Monday to discuss the future. We can’t continue with defensive coaches that have no competence. This is wholly unacceptable. If Best can’t pull the trigger, than he needs to swallow the gun.

Credit to the team for trying to close the gap, we at least showed a little heart. But we can’t be losing to sub .500 FCS teams at home and get gashed for more than a quarter mile of yards the process. Time for a big change.

DON'T you believe these conversations have already been had Dopa? The ONLY reason Aaron tried anything different this season is because the AD lit a fire under his ass. Believing "the conversation" has already occurred, it's amazing to me how often the coaching went back to doing things that don't work. Understand the "if I'm going out, I'm going out my way" mentality, but the result of that approach is "you're going out".

Anyway, my apologies for being slightly argumentative here, sometimes I get overly fascinated with disconnects like "normalcy bias or separation anxiety or tone deafness" etc... Filters are funny things. Fans have a lot of filters when it comes to their sports teams.

Will see what happens from here. Program needs a change at the top IMO.

I get what you're saying, but in short, I doubt there has been much of a conversation of this nature yet. Collins hasn't been in the role for very long, and I'm sure this isn't much of a welcoming discussion. Very few ADs are going to pull the trigger on someone in their first few months barring some kind of HR disaster (Mel Tucker, looking at you!). Plus, Best is only a couple of years removed from fielding successful teams, so it's not like the track record is completely terrible, it's more that the trajectory is completely off.

And I maintain this must be a two-way conversation. It's not a "the coaches are garbage, let's fire them all" dynamic. The AD and the university admin are not getting adequate tools and financial support to the program. That needs to be fixed as well. It's becoming increasingly hard to win at Eastern as our spending is dwarfed by other schools.

I went to the game. I left the game. When I left it was 35-7 and listened to the rest it in car radio and ride home. We didn't leave because of the score but because of lack of effort and lack of desire, Pretty much every single thing many said.were factoids. E-Wu Tang Clan sai Best has lost the locker room. Besides player playiing like they we lugginh 30lb weights inside their uni the coachs were absent. If I was position coach I'd gather them up and get on my knees and beg them to step up their game. Best simply went thru the steps without emotion, as did the position coaches. IIt looked to me someone has had meetings, given the word and laid it down and the mews wasn'y good for coaching staff. Players got word and gave up the first part of the game.
F'Man, that was obvious have never left a game that early and it was because something was/is up...then once message was sent they decided to play play. I can't explain what I just saw. The lack of coaches having concern by what was happening was so obvious.,
I think Best may have resigned last week...perhaps earlier (hopefully with pay) Orrrrrrrrrrr Best got informed he had no choice or straight up fired.
Also, I could be way off base and I just witnessed an embarrassing loss...not only loss but guttless performance.

* Telling you guys something happened last week or week before MSU game whwn they played like shit. MSU got curb stomped by Montana.

Obzerver said:
I went to the game. I left the game. When I left it was 35-7 and listened to the rest it in car radio and ride home. We didn't leave because of the score but because of lack of effort and lack of desire, Pretty much every single thing many said.were factoids. E-Wu Tang Clan sai Best has lost the locker room. Besides player playiing like they we lugginh 30lb weights inside their uni the coachs were absent. If I was position coach I'd gather them up and get on my knees and beg them to step up their game. Best simply went thru the steps without emotion, as did the position coaches. IIt looked to me someone has had meetings, given the word and laid it down and the mews wasn'y good for coaching staff. Players got word and gave up the first part of the game.
F'Man, that was obvious have never left a game that early and it was because something was/is up...then once message was sent they decided to play play. I can't explain what I just saw. The lack of coaches having concern by what was happening was so obvious.,
I think Best may have resigned last week...perhaps earlier (hopefully with pay) Orrrrrrrrrrr Best got informed he had no choice or straight up fired.
Also, I could be way off base and I just witnessed an embarrassing loss...not only loss but guttless performance.

* Telling you guys something happened last week or week before MSU game whwn they played like shit. MSU got curb stomped by Montana.

If I was position coach I'd gather them up and get on my knees and beg them to step up their game. Best simply went thru the steps without emotion, as did the position coaches.

Good insight, it had the feel of apathy.. Yes, I too believe "the conversation" has already occurred. Guess we will all find out soon enough.

Latest posts

Back