• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Downtown Stadium

With the recent podcasts suggesting that we will be announcing an upgrade that I would like to call the “student experience” with upgraded facilities.

Simply Put. People spend $5-7 for cup of coffee per day!

With about $2/day fee “student experience” we can build infrastructure to make the Hornets LEGIT long term! 🙏🏻
(About $20M per year to finance.)

These stadium designs and budgets are dated from previous 5-15 yrs but they are still relevant ballparks to research for a new home for our team!

We could also ADD long term lease funding 10yrs for SAC REPUBLIC as well to add capital.

Which stadium is your favorite if we took a vote?

https://www.al.com/news/2015/06/uab_football_stadium_4_new_ine.html

Go Hornets!!!

FAU is my vote.

Fresneck or San Hoser cant get something like this built, highly doubt Sac can.
Fresnot even tried raising county bonds for their stadium redo and it was swatted away.

HornetFootballFan said:
I like North Texas 1st and FAU 2nd choice. Have a second level on home side really helps make home field advantage noise!

UNT is sweet, but this is Texas where football is a religion. Plus, it was $80M a few years ago, higher if done today.

Build literally anything. Make the fee seem as small as possible. Play at Hughes for a year and renovate Hornet stadium quickly.

I like spinning the fee increase as a student experience fee. Hold graduations there, advertise concerts, community events, professional soccer free to students, and more.

Then, start using the G1C more fore hoops, and do a Yosemite Hall reno, like Portland State did with their existing space.

NOW! lol...

Considering the limitations, this was so well done. Just get the same firm...

https://www.woofterbolch.com/work/psu-stott-center-renovation-viking-pavilion/

Idaho's is nicer, but not in the budget or footprint ....

https://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2021/sep/29/university-of-idaho-unveils-new-51-million-idaho-c/

Kadeezy, - The basketball arena was clean design. 👍🏻
Our cousins of CSU at San Diego State laid a nice precedent for us. Dr Wood I’ve noticed has been attending sporting events. Happy to see that involvement.

Student Experience of $2 day is very attainable in my opinion. That will fund new football while leading G1Center until FBS conference funds kick in to add more budget to finance Basketball Facilities.

$2 Day Student Experience! 🎉. Exciting time to be a Hornet. We have all been through a lot!!! Thankfully this is our time to rise up.

As a former player/assistant I often think about the potential that is Hornet Stadium and the already missed opportunity when building The Well to remove the track, enclose the stadium and have both ends of the stadium book ended with 2 modern facilities. Now I know it never was simple as just building The Well closer but I can’t help but look at the potential that is always sitting there. I may even be guilty of looking at Google maps of Sac State thinking about how I would design the stadium and move the track to the practice field.

It is time for a track to take a back seat given the Oregon will host any and every major track event probably forever, and CIF State Championships aren’t even held here, they’re at a high school in Fresno.

I looked at the 4 stadiums proposed earlier in the thread and Sac doesn’t even need something of that magnitude. While it is great that lately the Causeway has been max capacity I’m not so sure we need a stadium capable of holding +$20,000. This is the best Hornet football has ever been and we’re still managing in the 10,000-15,000 which is great but that away side is always so sad to see on TV.

I happen to come across a renovation that D2 West Texas A&M completed recently and it’s impressive, I’m sure cost to build would exceed these figures in the articles I’ll list below, but less than $40 million for this facility is well done. I also think Sac could benefit from having something more around 15-18k capacity seating with some option to expand if necessary in the future. Here’s to hoping the track is removed soon and we all begin to see something happen that could make Sac a true destination for FCS football!

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2018/4/20/board-approves-construction-of-wtamus-on-campus-football-stadium.aspx

https://www.lty-engineers.com/projects/west-texas-am-university-football-stadium/

Good News… I’ve heard the Football Stadium is going to happen. The budget looks like it will be a 25K seat capacity.
I will be happy with a modern 20K but knowing that if we did go FBS in near future that the 25K might feel inadequate?
Hoping they can squeeze 30K capacity and just keep portable bathrooms so that we spend ALL of the money on seating, lighting, audio, press box, premium seats, and food court!
I’m kidding about the bathrooms because I remember few of you guys are upset about the bathrooms. 😂 But I do hope we can squeeze 30K seats. Hope the SAC Republic will kick in some money to help? Schedule some concerts to pay for any extra expenses to improve fine details.

:eek:
HornetFootballFan said:
Good News… I’ve heard the Football Stadium is going to happen. The budget looks like it will be a 25K seat capacity.
I will be happy with a modern 20K but knowing that if we did go FBS in near future that the 25K might feel inadequate?
Hoping they can squeeze 30K capacity and just keep portable bathrooms so that we spend ALL of the money on seating, lighting, audio, press box, premium seats, and food court!
I’m kidding about the bathrooms because I remember few of you guys are upset about the bathrooms. 😂 But I do hope we can squeeze 30K seats. Hope the SAC Republic will kick in some money to help? Schedule some concerts to pay for any extra expenses to improve fine details.

I need more info.

HornetFootballFan said:

And as of now, there's no longer an attendance requirement to move up to FBS. However the transition application fee has jumped from $5000 to FIVE MILLION!

https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1709626452302307420?t=7fNsShGK949PVBK0D0-ckQ&s=19

This might be a good way to request copies of emails or drawings related to Hornet stadium.

https://csus.nextrequest.com/requests/new

Tapped into MY sources….

There is a $50-75M renovation planned for Hornet Stadium. The plan will remove all Rose Bowl bleachers and increase capacity north of 30,000 with a permanent structure. The plan includes a new football only building with new locker rooms and meeting rooms. Attached to the stadium and practice field adjacent. There will be boxes, concessions, and restrooms as well. Unfortunately the plans include keeping the track, but temporary bleachers will be connected at the lowest levels to bring fans closer.

Expect an announcement before Thanksgiving to tap into “giving Tuesday.”

Kadeezy said:
Tapped into MY sources….

There is a $50-75M renovation planned for Hornet Stadium. The plan will remove all Rose Bowl bleachers and increase capacity north of 30,000 with a permanent structure. The plan includes a new football only building with new locker rooms and meeting rooms. Attached to the stadium and practice field adjacent. There will be boxes, concessions, and restrooms as well. Unfortunately the plans include keeping the track, but temporary bleachers will be connected at the lowest levels to bring fans closer.

Real Portland cemet, Clark?

That is awesome news. Too bad they couldnt move the track to the practice field and allocate some of the Rose Bowl bleachers, say 1,000 there. Or move the track across the street. Having the stands right on top of the field like montucky is nice. That is a big variance, what would/wouldn't be included for the $25M delta? Any naming rights?

Havent seen anything in the bi-monthly trustees report seeking approval.

Great news indeed, Kadeezy, thanks.

Kadeezy… my source wasn’t that specific. Thanks for sharing.
Honestly if they kept visitor / guests side unchanged I would care less. Hoping they maximize HOME side with great premium booster seating, sound system, press boxes, Concessions, Bathrooms. $50-75M if used mostly on home side would be great. In future we could upgrade guest / visitor experience. 😂

I wonder if they are looking at the San Jose St rebuild? I drove past spartan stadium few months ago and I saw it had 1/2 stadium under construction? I’m grateful! 🙏🏻 this is a major growth opportunity in our facilities to further assist recruiting and fan / student experience! I’m feeling appreciative and excited for our future!

Yes…I still see an FBS conference in our future. I read an article about Mtn West Conf considering adding both Dakota Schools. NDSU / SDSU. Agree good quality football but maybe some people have t learned from CFB realignment that BIG TV MARKETS Matter!

Kadeezy said:
Tapped into MY sources….

That would be badass, best of both worlds. I'd throw in some money. If they can get the Republic on board to help the cost, even better.

HornetFootballFan said:
Kadeezy… my source wasn’t that specific. Thanks for sharing.
Honestly if they kept visitor / guests side unchanged I would care less. Hoping they maximize HOME side with great premium booster seating, sound system, press boxes, Concessions, Bathrooms. $50-75M if used mostly on home side would be great. In future we could upgrade guest / visitor experience. 😂

I’m grateful! 🙏🏻 this is a major growth opportunity in our facilities to further assist recruiting and fan / student experience! I’m feeling appreciative and excited for our future!

Yes…I still see an FBS conference in our future. I read an article about Mtn West Conf considering adding both Dakota Schools. NDSU / SDSU. Agree good quality football but maybe some people have t learned from CFB realignment that BIG TV MARKETS Matter!

As all y'all know, I'm definitely not a fan of moving up to FBS. But just to see where we stand right now in terms of stadium capacity, I just took a high/low/average for each FBS conference, and I found that there are a few conferences where we already fit very well. Unfortunately, those conferences are mostly placed back East: C-USA, MAC, and Sun Belt. Not really good conferences, but the Sun Belt IS a whole lot better than it used to be, as I was reminded a few months ago over at CS.com. Even in the big conferences, there are some individual anomalies, like Vanderbilt, which is somehow in the SEC with a stadium of 28,500. There are some teams with some very low capacities, like UMASS at only 17K. NC-Charlotte has only 15,300. So for the mid-range schools, we look pretty good as is. Now, if the building program some of you are proposing is factored in, we'd be in fairly well with the Mountain West, which has an average capacity of 35,298. Of course, that's skewed somewhat by Hawai'i's temporary stadium with a 15K capacity; they're building a new Aloha Stadium.

Just for comparison, we're currently the second-ranked stadium in terms of capacity in the Big Sky; if we implement SacBuzz's building proposal, we'd have by far the largest stadium in the conference. So while I'm not happy with moving up (largely because moving up would pretty much kill off any chances at a championship), you guys could well be right about HAVING to move up.

I'm not thrilled with an off-campus stadium, as I think that would make it difficult to get on-campus students to attend; in fact, it might even kill off that attendance factor. But if getting outside funding involvement is an imperative given the limitations of State-provided budgets, we may not have a choice. I hope they fund dorm-to-stadium shuttle buses (for FREE!) at the same time....

As a former player/assistant I often think about the potential that is Hornet Stadium and the already missed opportunity when building The Well to remove the track, enclose the stadium and have both ends of the stadium book ended with 2 modern facilities. Now I know it never was simple as just building The Well closer but I can’t help but look at the potential that is always sitting there. I may even be guilty of looking at Google maps of Sac State thinking about how I would design the stadium and move the track to the practice field.

It is time for a track to take a back seat given the Oregon will host any and every major track event probably forever, and CIF State Championships aren’t even held here, they’re at a high school in Fresno.

I looked at the 4 stadiums proposed earlier in the thread and Sac doesn’t even need something of that magnitude. While it is great that lately the Causeway has been max capacity I’m not so sure we need a stadium capable of holding +$20,000. This is the best Hornet football has ever been and we’re still managing in the 10,000-15,000 which is great but that away side is always so sad to see on TV.

I happen to come across a renovation that D2 West Texas A&M completed recently and it’s impressive, I’m sure cost to build would exceed these figures in the articles I’ll list below, but less than $40 million for this facility is well done. I also think Sac could benefit from having something more around 15-18k capacity seating with some option to expand if necessary in the future. Here’s to hoping the track is removed soon and we all begin to see something happen that could make Sac a true destination for FCS football!

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2018/4/20/bo ... adium.aspx

https://www.lty-engineers.com/projects/ ... l-stadium/

Phantom Hornet said:
Kadeezy said:
Tapped into MY sources….

That would be badass, best of both worlds. I'd throw in some money. If they can get the Republic on board to help the cost, even better.

Definitely on campus, partnership with Republic not mentioned. Reno model mentioned as probable setup with track.

New press box will be incorporated into new plans. I would GUESS with expansion around it. I would like to see a viewing/club area built around its at top edges of home side.

I would not surprised to be a plan similar to this:

https://youtu.be/ACvmCp_Z-nQ?si=vpgWatz-FBJ4IFfq

Latest posts

Back