• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Downing on his way out?

That's actually not a lot all things considered. Also, nearly all of them were freshmen or R.S. freshman and logic dictates more students will wash out during that first year.

Who's going to play fullback?

I don't like to see anyone leave the team, but the ones I think we will miss of course is Wiedeman and Ealy. Bauer doesn't suprise me because his pt was starting to go down as the season was going.

I am teacher, so I've got the entire summer off and plenty of time so maybe I'll post the entire roster I got from spring game if i still have it around.

I would have liked to see Swanson stick around and play receiver but wherever he's gone he's now on his 3 school in 4 years so take that for what it's worth.

I wish Medved would have stuck around just because he's dad is owner of the one of the largest car dealerships in Colorado. That's a lot of money we could have had pumped into the program. But the kid just seemed too small, slow to play at this level. Oh well.

Beardown said:
I wish Medved would have stuck around just because he's dad is owner of the one of the largest car dealerships in Colorado. That's a lot of money we could have had pumped into the program. But the kid just seemed too small, slow to play at this level. Oh well.

Maybe there is a Garnsey and Wheeler kid somewhere. What we really need is a Monfort.

Yes, I agree, starting at QB, a 5'4" 125lbs Freshman from Seattle, Washington, Bill Gates Jr.!!! :D

I know Jack Elway hasn't signed a LOI, but he's got a few offers from 1A schools. I've heard he's not good enough to play 1A and his talents are more suited for our level or maybe even d2. He's just got the name. That would be cool if we got John's kid to play here.

Beardown said:
I know Jack Elway hasn't signed a LOI, but he's got a few offers from 1A schools. I've heard he's not good enough to play 1A and his talents are more suited for our level or maybe even d2. He's just got the name. That would be cool if we got John's kid to play here.

Yes, that would be be great at bringing some non crime related attention to the program. In fact it makes way too much sense so I'm guessing there's no chance of that happening. :?

Actually I could totally see him at CSU. Kubiak's kid is there, it seems to be a program those inside football seem to like, other coaches, etc.

He may not get any playing time in Ft. Collins but I don't see him going to UNC even if he would get to play, not hip enough that's for sure.

Papa Elway may not speak to highly of Greeley considering how many hot summers he spent up here.

bearsfan...NOT said:
so where did all these transfers end up going,Troy?

Great question, but, given that I've been out of the loop because of my side gig of covering indoor football, I haven't spent much time around the athletic offices of late.

I do know Wiedeman went the JUCO route in California. Ealy transfered to Mid-American Nazarene (NAIA) in the KC suburbs, where former UNC d-coordinator Jed Stuggart is head coach.

Keep in mind, though, some may have been cut but decided not to pursue fb any farther--Unrein was supposedly one of those guys. Injuries just made it too frustrating for him.

As for FB, redshirt frosh Rory Chinatti is the only one on the spring roster.

Latest posts

Back