• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Big Sky Tournament

Waldo2

It looks like Weber will be the 3 seed and will play the 6 seed (PSU or SAC).
We will be in the same bracket as MSU. I like our chances to get to the final. EWU and MSU are great teams and Weber can play with them as we saw in the first half of the last game with EWU and the win over MSU.
Go Cats!

I totally agree. I like our chances. This years team has outperformed most everyone's expectations. We have as good a chance as anyone in Boise.

WSU basketball is certainly trending up. We should get all five starters back next year and have added some really strong commitments for next year. The athletic department has worked hard to increase attendance and it is starting to show. Next years schedule should also be improved.

It doesn't hurt that our seniors are graduating and all are getting good grades and are good humans in our community.

There is a lot to love. :coffee:

A nice win in Flagstaff. The Wildcats will have some momentum going into the Tournament.

Nice to see you're overlooking Sac....you beat us by 2 in the palace and by 3 in the nest....Looks like a sure thing (not)....our team has had a hard time figuring out how to close out games.....Always difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season....We shall see what happens in Boise but I like our match-up too.....

sacstateman said:
Nice to see you're overlooking Sac....you beat us by 2 in the palace and by 3 in the nest....Looks like a sure thing (not)....our team has had a hard time figuring out how to close out games.....Always difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season....We shall see what happens in Boise but I like our match-up too.....

Definitely hard to beat a team three times. Should be a hard fought close game as they almost all are. This year, the Wildcats haven’t faded down the stretch as they have in past years. The Wildcats have also won a lot of close games this year, and I think that will help in the Tournament. It’s about as wide open a Tournament as I can remember, and really no easy games. I think NAU lost 9 games by 21 total points. Every team is capable of some big wins. EWU is going in with two consecutive losses, so they appear vulnerable and not the lock they once looked like.

I don't think anyone is overlooking anybody. This year in particular, every single team is capable of pulling off an upset. It's really just a matter of who gets hot and who does not. I expect hard fought games every night. Weber's team this year has been in the process of rebuilding after losing 7 guys last year. We have done better than anyone thought we would. You could say the same thing about several teams in the BSC this year, Sac among them. It's been good to see Sac's new coach put together the competitive team they have this year. No matter what happens in Boise, I'm excited for the future of Wildcat basketball.

It's interesting that the two top seeds are also the two most established teams in the BSC. There is something to be said for returning most of your starting and contributing players. Experience counts for something and experience playing together seems to be the winning formula. At least so far this year. :coffee:

Waldo said:
Down go the Eags. What a collapse at the end of the season! March Madness indeed.

Good for NAU…finally on the right end of a buzzer beater. They have momentum with them. They could win 2 more games for sure. Wildcats have their hands full with the Hornets tonight. Go Wildcats!

OWNING THE GLASS: Jones leads Weber State with special skill set
https://skylinesportsmt.com/owning-the-glass-jones-leads-weber-state-with-special-skill-set/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1632945474780135426

sacstateman said:
Nice win....we have turned the ball over more than any other team in the BSC all year....

Valiant come back effort by the Hornets ran out of time by a minute or so. Wildcats need to improve on not giving up big streaks.

The Bobcats were probably the favorite going big in with EWU’s late season collapse. It will require a complete game by every player to pull off the upset for Weber State. They definitely have the capability to do it. The pressure is now on Montana State, so the Wildcats should use that to their advantage. Go Wildcats!

Montana is probably the hottest team in the conference right now, but NAU is finding some confidence as of late. Should be an interesting game.

What a game. (WSU/MSU)

What a season.

All of our starters should be back next year, with some additional talent added to the roster.

The future is bright.

Tough way to lose. We need more options on offense, skill at the 5 position, and another scorer besides Jones at the end of the game.

I am pleasantly surprised in the coaching staff. Definitely an upgrade over Rahe - not perfect, but better.

NAU could steal this - MSU will have some tired legs tonight.

Congratulations to the players and coaches for a good year and great turnaround season.

I think we finished where we belonged, though this team really improved and came so close. Tough, tight defense but no offense will only take you so far. Poor outside shooting really hurt this team and I hope it gets much better next year. We only lose Porter and Ballard to graduation, we'll see what the portal takes and brings. Next year's recruits plus Dockery and Louden looks like a really bright future. I hope we can keep most of this team together, at least the starting five.

For the second year in a row I think the WSU-MSU semi was the real championship game, and for the second year in a row WSU lost by one possession. I hope MSU wins the championship, I think they have the best chance to win a tournament game but they will have a very poor seeding. Speaking of outside shooting, they also really need better outside shooting to compliment their two outstanding bigs. Good luck Bobcats!

Nice game and effort from the Cats. I joked with some friends that the team that got to 50 first would win. It just took 2OTs to get there. Hate to lose, but the way State won was pretty sweet. Really nice play call to end the game. Offensive efficiency and consistency are definitely MIA. In year two of the Duft experience, that needs to become a focus.

Any chance at a postseason tournament? Last year's CBI included three 15 loss teams and one 16 loss team (Northern Colorado was one of the 15 loss teams in this tournament and made it to the semis). The Basketball Classic 2022 (formerly CIT) included four 15 loss teams and one 16 loss team, including teams with losing records. EWU was one of the 15 loss teams (lost to eventual champion Fresno State) and SUU made it to the semifinals. Weber and UVU were both invited and declined.

The top 2 teams in the Big Sky will be playing in the NCAA and NIT tournaments, so maybe Weber gets an invitation?

Second question, if invited, would they play?

Oh so close. Really hard fought game and the Wildcats had some chances to win it. Future looks really bright!

Was hoping NAU would pull off the upset and send the Big Sky Administration Office running for toilet paper. With their new format, it was a nightmare scenario that almost occurred.

Oh well, we will see if there is at least one more hoops game and then it will be up to Cubs baseball to keep me entertained until the Wildcats Football season starts.

Turns out WSU did receive a postseason invite and, like last year, turned it down. If it was a financial decision, okay. But I just don't understand a team not wanting another shot at doing something amazing, especially after the super close conference tournament losses.

I am excited for next year, and very happy to hear Dylan Jones has committed to return for his senior year. That will be a very experienced team with lots of time together.

Latest posts

Back