• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Baseball and Softball

SactoHornetAlum

Staff member
A great weekend for both teams. Baseball is in first place in the WAC and have won 7 conference games in a row! When was the last time we were able to say that. Softball took 3 of 4 from Saint Mary's and they are tied for 2nd place, one game back of PSU, who swept USD this weekend. We have the Vikings at home next weekend.

After getting out and watching a game last weekend, looks like the pitching by committee is working, especially in the shortened schedule. Keep it up guys!

SactoHornetAlum said:
After getting out and watching a game last weekend, looks like the pitching by committee is working, especially in the shortened schedule. Keep it up guys!

Jacobo is a beast and PoTW too.

Before losing to USF, baseball was 18-18. I bet Smith hangs around for the 2009 season then he leaves with Jacobo...

Thanks SHA. I was going by what WACSports.com had posted the other day. Guess they're behind the ball...

They have been unable to beat USF and davis (twice). These 19 wins include four against a DII team who was travelling from Hawai'i.

I think it is time for new blood. Smith hasn't proven to me he can have a DI team that is 35-15 against DI regional programs.

Someone posted that he is tenured under the old BS tenure philosophy, so I guess we are stuck with him until he retires.

The seasonal baseball end of year death spiral has begun!

Just like the swallows of Capistrano, you can count on Hornet baseball imploding at the end of the year.

Green Cookie Monster said:
The seasonal baseball end of year death spiral has begun!

Just like the swallows of Capistrano, you can count on Hornet baseball imploding at the end of the year.

EXACTLY... That's Hornet baseball for you...

Latest posts

Back