• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Wk 4 Prediction thread UC Davis eags win 27-24

luckyintheorder

Feeling pretty good about this one all things being equal. UC Davis isn't anything special this season. No big threats on offense and a not so tough defense. Played well against Commerce, looked bad at Oregon state and barely beat a mediocre So. Utah. If eastern takes care of the ball and I mean Visperas, they bang out a 10 point victory. If they don't, Aggies are disciplined enough to win at home in a close contest. Honestly, those short passes won't be there I suspect, so the running game will be key.

Can't say I liked Bests interview yesterday where he is imploring the defense to create more TO's. Stops are as good as to's so want to continue the good tackling over tackling the ball. What do I know though?

Eags 38. Aggies 24.

This one is all on Visperas. I like him but last week there shou!d have been several picks and Eags got lucky. Inside the 30 play calling needs to improve to beat better teams down the stretch as well.

I think this game and the one VS Idaho will define our season if we win Saturday we will be ranked probably in the 18-22 range also being in the hunt for the playoffs. We will also have huge momentum going into the Idaho game. Which winning or keeping it close will show that we are a top team in the Big Sky. We have yet to lose to UC Davis knock on wood hopefully that does not change

Prediction EWU 35 UC Davis 21

I feel good about this game, but am nervous at the same time. This game seems like it has the potential to be a tipping point for the whole season in a lot of ways. A win and we go into the Idaho game with energy and a motivated fan base ready to start showing back up in large numbers. A loss, and coach Best is on the hot seat on the fighting to just get to a 6-5 season.

Huge game!!!

MLEagle said:
I feel good about this game, but am nervous at the same time. This game seems like it has the potential to be a tipping point for the whole season in a lot of ways. A win and we go into the Idaho game with energy and a motivated fan base ready to start showing back up in large numbers. A loss, and coach Best is on the hot seat on the fighting to just get to a 6-5 season.

Huge game!!!

This sums it up. :thumb:

I haven't watched Davis enough to get a firm grasp on how good they are. My hunch is they're a fairly complete team without a lot of flash and flair. That's kind of what they've always been. Eastern should have more "it" factor, but the problem with that is that some days you have "it," and other days you don't. It's a game between two teams trying to find themselves, and the team that makes the most plays wins. In Davis? It's probably a coin toss. I think we can and should win, but it won't be easy and there will be ebbs and flows. Focus on playing great, making tackles at first contact, laying on the blocks, making big catches, etc... we win.

luckyintheorder said:
Can't say I liked Bests interview yesterday where he is imploring the defense to create more TO's. Stops are as good as to's so want to continue the good tackling over tackling the ball. What do I know though?

I couldn't agree with this more. IMO, turnovers are the most overrated stat in football. A turnover is just a mistake by the offense that the D capitalizes on. The more plays an opposing offense runs, the more opportunities the defense has to create a turnover. A defense that smothers the offense and forces a bunch of 3-and-outs is organically going to have far fewer opportunities for a turnover than a defense that gives up 5 first downs on every drive. I'm happy with every forced punt, and no one will knock a defense that does that every time on the field.

This feels close like it's gonna be SELA close. You don't overnight fix can't score in red zone issue but maybe can get a little better. Luck gifts us a win in a tough battle 31-28.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Obzerver said:
This feels close like it's gonna be SELA close. You don't overnight fix can't score in red zone issue but maybe can get a little better. Luck gifts us a win in a tough battle 31-28.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Know what you are saying. Could be close. Eags improvement has me hyped up. Guess I am looking for that leap from visperas this week. It feels "now or never" to me. Don't mean to sound harsh. There is a lot of good, the gaps are hamstring ing the offense imo. Not sure eags win a close one without him closing those gaps.

Can’t see this any other way… this is must-win if we’re gonna have a shot this season. Lose this one and we probably need to rattle of 7 in a row, and that’s not likely. Win and we can think about being a playoff team, lose and we have to fight to have a winning record.

All in.

I really have no idea what to expect in this game. Davis hasn't looked great, but they always seem to play us tough. I will go with 28-27 EAGLES.

LDopaPDX said:
luckyintheorder said:

I couldn't agree with this more. IMO, turnovers are the most overrated stat in football. A turnover is just a mistake by the offense that the D capitalizes on. The more plays an opposing offense runs, the more opportunities the defense has to create a turnover. A defense that smothers the offense and forces a bunch of 3-and-outs is organically going to have far fewer opportunities for a turnover than a defense that gives up 5 first downs on every drive. I'm happy with every forced punt, and no one will knock a defense that does that every time on the field.

Agreed. A forced punt, or better yet, a turnover on downs is almost as good as forced turnover. The number of TOs created isn't as important as what you do with those opportunities. I see our greatest area of needed important as our offensive production inside the red zone. I think the defense has been fairly solid.

ewueagfan said:
Eagles 54, other guys 28.

That is one bold prediction. I hope you are right, but until we fix the red zone scoring issues I have a hard time seeing us putting more than 40 on the board.

Latest posts

Back