• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UNC cuts $400,000 from budget

gobears

UNC was forced to cut $400k from the budget this year. See the two articles below

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070704/SPORTS/107040106

http://www.greeleytrib.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007107040107

I do have to give Jay a pat on the back for letting coaches decide what changes to make, it is the least he could do in a bad situation.

The article mentions being at 60 football scholarships... I hope this is the last year of being underfunded in that regard. :evil:

The thing that bothers me most is that Colorado is so underfunded from the state government. I'm a teacher and thank the lord Owens is finally out of office. He didn't give a rats butt about education. There is no reason this state should be rank 48th in funding. No state university was going to survive being a public university under Owens. I hope Ritter will do something about it.

Beardown said:
The thing that bothers me most is that Colorado is so underfunded from the state government. I'm a teacher and thank the lord Owens is finally out of office. He didn't give a rats butt about education. There is no reason this state should be rank 48th in funding. No state university was going to survive being a public university under Owens. I hope Ritter will do something about it.

While i agree about owens, UNC isn't a State school, so they don't get any money from the state anyways. Right?

74, UNC is a state school, thus beholden to the Legislature, Gov and the Commision on Higher Ed. All tuition increases, construction plans, etc., go through Denver...

bearsradio said:
74, UNC is a state school, thus beholden to the Legislature, Gov and the Commision on Higher Ed. All tuition increases, construction plans, etc., go through Denver...

Thank you for the correction, i was confused about that lol

74, not a problem. Part of your statement is true ("they don't get any money from the state anyways.")

I've been disappointed in how higher ed has been the largest area cut in the budget trimming of the past few years. The flip side of that, however, is hearing my folks complain about the property taxes in Kansas, which is saddled with 6 state universities and 19 junior colleges to fund.

You win some, you lose some...

What UNC should have done 4 years ago was immediately bumped the football scholarships to 63 back when they started the move to Division I. This would have allowed them to play I-A teams for awhile and banked important money that would have helped out all 19 sports.

But I guess someone didn't think that was a good idea or thought they should spend more money on women's sports. What they don't get, is that that would have helped out all the women's sports, but it is too late now.

Latest posts

Back